Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Makes for some nice looking (and functioning) reloads.

[Linked Image]

DMc : )

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
smile lookin good

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sandcritter
smile lookin good

Thanks! Thinkin there must not be many re-loaders here....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hoping to get my shotshell reloading up this winter. Just started dabbling in roll crimps before move last year. Nothing quite like roll crimps and old shotguns.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After bragging on the Roll crimped 410's, I found out they wouldn't feed well in my 11-48. I think the Ballistic Products overshot cards are a little over-size which makes the mouth of the shell bulge a bit. I have a MEC Super Sizer in 410 and simply dropped each shell in it upside down and squeezed and now they chamber perfectly. I'm going to call Ballistic Products to see what they say.

[Linked Image]

The Super Sizer is perfect as a shell vise when running the roll crimper. Holds the shell perfectly straight and still.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a roll crimper on the way from Precision for my 16 ga SxS. In the 16 ga we don't have the luxury of STS or AA hulls, so crimps split out too soon. If I can get another couple loadings out of hulls by trimming and roll crimping it will help in the hull dept.

DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ole_270
Got a roll crimper on the way from Precision for my 16 ga SxS. In the 16 ga we don't have the luxury of STS or AA hulls, so crimps split out too soon. If I can get another couple loadings out of hulls by trimming and roll crimping it will help in the hull dept.

This is true and it only takes a second of spinning the roll crimper on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on, roll crimped reloads.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I found that the sizing ring on the Lee Loadall would expand the rim of shot shells so they wouldn't go in the magazine. The Super Sizer fixed the problem.

DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was taken back by the cost of the Super Sizer, but found a "Like New" one on eBay. I thought I was going to steal it for $9.99 until a couple of hours before the auction closed.. I ended up paying a fair price for it. When it arrived I thought to myself, "Is this all there is to it?" But it does work. I just don't understand why the retail price is so high.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got the crimper in, and mounted it in a small drill press. Cut the old crimp off a few shells, loaded standard components in them with the sizemaster, dropped in an over shot card and hit them with teh crimper. Let the crimper put a small amount of pressure on the case for a couple seconds to build up heat and then pulled it on down. Worked like a charm. Might need to get the case conditioner that mounts in a drill to iron out the old crimp folds if I want to use slightly longer cases.

IC B3

DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
....Might need to get the case conditioner that mounts in a drill to iron out the old crimp folds if I want to use slightly longer cases.

What gauge are you working with? By "Case Conditioner", are you speaking of the "Spin Doctor"?

[Linked Image]

Happy Thanksgiving
DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got the crimper in, and mounted it in a small drill press. Cut the old crimp off a few shells, loaded standard components in them with the sizemaster, dropped in an over shot card and hit them with teh crimper. Let the crimper put a small amount of pressure on the case for a couple seconds to build up heat and then pulled it on down. Worked like a charm. Might need to get the case conditioner that mounts in a drill to iron out the old crimp folds if I want to use slightly longer cases.

I had my dad make one, and it really doesn't seem to help much. If there is even the slightest crack at the lip from crimping, it will grow as it gets warmer. I just cut them off like you did.

DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5shot
I had my dad make one, and it really doesn't seem to help much. If there is even the slightest crack at the lip from crimping, it will grow as it gets warmer. I just cut them off like you did.

Exactly my experience also....

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Charlie Pribble out of Omaha, NE makes custom sized collets for MEC and PW reloading machines. He made these case trimmers for me. He'll make any custom length you want for $12-$15. PM if anyone would like his #. I don't want to post it on the World Wide Web.

[Linked Image]

Wingless wads as shown, increase shot capacity. Ballistic Products "Stump" wads.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DMc
....Might need to get the case conditioner that mounts in a drill to iron out the old crimp folds if I want to use slightly longer cases.

What gauge are you working with? By "Case Conditioner", are you speaking of the "Spin Doctor"?

[Linked Image]

Happy Thanksgiving
DMc

that's the one, but judging by the other posts I'll save the money

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,693
Posts18,456,598
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.