Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
How can shooting anything fenced in be considered "hunting"?

That was not a fence that will prevent deer from going or coming, they simply jump over low fencing.

I agree with that, but we all know that's a high fenced area. I mean, cmom.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm certainly thankful that the only person's standards of "hunting" I have to meet is my own.

Some of you silly turds need to push away from the computer and get outdoors.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
How can shooting anything fenced in be considered "hunting"?

That was not a fence that will prevent deer from going or coming, they simply jump over low fencing.

I agree with that, but we all know that's a high fenced area. I mean, cmom.

How exactly do we “know” that? I didn’t see a high fence in the video and if there is a high fence then why all of the low fencing?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Made some venison tacos last night that were delicious.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
From the view of a mostly meat, not sport, hunter it looked like perfection; EZ meat for the freezer, nice antlers too boot. If a legal set up in state it occurred then WGAF what someone else does? Looks like a great place. Sorta silly to video it like that but I didn't hear any claims of awesome hunting prowess. Nothing wrong with shooting a buck wearing tenny runners. It ain't like he shot it in the ass then hired someone to find it and bregged about it. LOL

Ohhh, the chit scope mounts is my only complaint.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to make post something that some, if not most, of you will take exception to. The majority of hunters who are looking for antlers are not the least bit interested in the meat. Now, with that being said, there are meat hunters who are glad to get a chance at a big buck, and are tickled pink to have a nice set of antlers. I'm not crazy about venison, it's something I can take or leave. Fixed right, it's good. Not done right, and it's not for me. If I'm going to shoot a deer to eat, and I have a bunch of times, I'll pick out a doe. I've ate both bucks and does, and as far as I'm concerned, there is a big difference. I have a local family that asks me to shoot them a deer every year. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. I gave them the old buck I shot this year, and they didn't seem to care that he was an old deer. I like jerky and backstrap, and I've been tempted to shoot a doe for that, but probably won't as the local Mennonites have already killed more than they should have.

My point is that too many hunters have been bitten by the "what will he score" bug, and are far more interested in the B&C score than in how good of eating the deer will be. Used to be, years ago, deer hunters would talk about seeing a "nice" buck, or say they'd seen "ole Moses". Now it's a "150 class", or a "170 class", as they've been watching too many episodes of Buckmasters, or those good looking gals shooting high fence deer on Outdoor Channel.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Pretty rugged hunt. Tough to get in that kind of shape. It takes a lot of dedication.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm certainly thankful that the only person's standards of "hunting" I have to meet is my own.

Some of you silly turds need to push away from the computer and get outdoors.

exactly, but I do enjoy all of the comments as I don't realize much of what they point out in the videos I make. I take most of these as compliments due to the fact that someone thinks its a high fence(even if they were joking) and the first few thinking its an actual hunting show considering I am just making home videos and posting them to YouTube. As for the shooting table and rest(we didn't have to track the animal and it was killed quickly as possible). Thanks to all of you my videos get better each and every time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Pretty rugged hunt. Tough to get in that kind of shape. It takes a lot of dedication.

Says the Alaskan....whadda youse guys know about rugged hunting. 😁

Happy Thanksgiving giving to all of you guys up north in Gods country.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Thanks Ace. Same to y’all.

Rugged hunts? We are avid readers. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 14idaho, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,561 guests, and 719 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.