-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a Leupold fan, having converted/updated the glass on most of my rifles over the last few years. I have avoided the I & II series, trialed a VXII and simply didn't like it. Got a couple of the Century models, way back when, that have turned out to be excellent workhorses. Same with couple of Euros. Real big fan of Leupold fixed power glass and sometimes wish that is all I owned. They get the job done and I might have saved a bunch of dough.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
GB1

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Answering the question, because millennials are now buying guns and scopes. They respect nothing. They think Vortex sounds cooler or something like that.

Would you like to just keep explaining the problem or do you want the solution?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by GregW
I had 2 VX6's....

Both were no good out of the box...

What does "no good" mean? That's pretty general... confused

RTZ, simply dialing out to moderate ranges under 800 yards would not track, basic Leupold erector issues....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swaro has never made a scope worth a fhuqk and given their "record"...likely never will.

I've not seen more than (3) NIB Reupolds fail,on any one single day. Hint. The VX6's are simply steaming piles of fhuqking schit,swooned by Clueless Fhuqks,who frolic in Fluff. Nothing more and nothing less,with the reason why they do NOT hang,is due the fact that they can NOT hang. The less one "knows" or "does",the "better" they are. Hint.

Round count and actual USE,reliably do thangs that sorts wheat from chaff. That constant is the bane of Window Lickers,but at least Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to "contribute". Congratulations?!?

There is nothing redeeming in the 3-15x and it's an easy pass,for a MQ Fixed Fhuqker and it's vastly superior mannerisms and mechanics. Hint.

3rd from top,with a few others to extrapolate in R&D,side by each in like conditions. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]

Many think they've "dropped" sumptin',but of course haven't even scratched the fhuqking surface. Hint.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Hint

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I guess my question for the experts is this. When did the quality start to drop off at Leupold. When the VX III ended and the V3 series started is about the time I began hearing about QA troubles.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Guess I got lucky my vx6 has worked well so far. (In full disclosure it’s a replacement for a MK-4 6.5-20x50 that was a pos). My phone conversation with Leupold was send that [bleep]’er to the moon but not back to me they replaced it with the vx6 and it’s working well so far.

496 yards.
[Linked Image]

And the friends I happily hand my rifle to.
[Linked Image]
930 yards.

First buck 312 yard head shot because she could.
[Linked Image]

I will keep using my vx6 tell it goes tits up then hit up optics Planet for another Nightforce.

Last edited by fredIII; 11/23/17.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Swaro has never made a scope worth a fhuqk and given their "record"...likely never will.

I've not seen more than (3) NIB Reupolds fail,on any one single day. Hint. The VX6's are simply steaming piles of fhuqking schit,swooned by Clueless Fhuqks,who frolic in Fluff. Nothing more and nothing less,with the reason why they do NOT hang,is due the fact that they can NOT hang. The less one "knows" or "does",the "better" they are. Hint.

Round count and actual USE,reliably do thangs that sorts wheat from chaff. That constant is the bane of Window Lickers,but at least Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to "contribute". Congratulations?!?

There is nothing redeeming in the 3-15x and it's an easy pass,for a MQ Fixed Fhuqker and it's vastly superior mannerisms and mechanics. Hint.

3rd from top,with a few others to extrapolate in R&D,side by each in like conditions. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]

Many think they've "dropped" sumptin',but of course haven't even scratched the fhuqking surface. Hint.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Hint

Those red caps have to be the best thing you ever thought up. Lol and that’s not a compliment. Poor retarded sugar tits 😘.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO EVERYONE!!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Itchy_Finger
Answering the question, because millennials are now buying guns and scopes. They respect nothing. They think Vortex sounds cooler or something like that.

Answering this question: I'm a millenial and you couldn't give me a Vortex product; everything I have had from them, including their higher end "tactical" scopes has either (1) broken or (2) failed to function as advertised or (3) been obviously derivative of other, less expensive, Chinese OEM manufacturers.

I like Leupolds--when they work. Unfortunately, their new-production scopes in the past decade have not had good quality control, have failed to incorporate improved design concepts available in other scopes, and generally have not functioned as advertised.

I still have several Leupolds, but they are all older fixed power scopes or handgun scopes. For my rifles that see heavy use, and where I dial for elevation, I now use Nightforce scopes. My time at the range is too valuable to waste chasing zero with an unreliable scope. Maybe when I'm old and retired my time will be worth less and I'll be willing to put up with Leupold's again. Maybe.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
big stick: I have been on my share of Hunts to Alaskas rainy SE area and my Leupolds have all served me perfectly well on those extremely difficult condition Hunts!
That aside why on earth would you take several of your Rifles outside in the rain, lay them on wet rocks and have the actions opened so rain water and moisture can get into the breach and the nooks and crannies of the bolts, actions etc?
Sheesh.
To each their own I guess but from someone that does something as bizarre as depicted in your photo I think "I" will consider advice from other than you!
Again, SHEESH.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dear VarmintGuy,

Wet rocks is where I draw the line as well. Did you see, in one of the photos, where there was an agglomeration of dirt on the stub left behind where I assume he broke off the spin-knob of his scope? Really this is silliness and thank you for taking a stand against it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, he didn't break off the "spin-knob." He took the windage turret off and covered it with a vinyl cap. Taking a stand? Are you two organizing some sort of protest? Who cares what anybody else does with their stuff?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmmmm. I wonder I wonder. what would Brian Boitano do?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have yet to see a Vortex track or hold zero.

I've never been to Alaska or anywhere exotic like you "lucky" gals,but get out now and again here,in Kansas. We get a little bit of rain and I honestly didn't know that it would "hurt" a rifle to cycle and shoot it,when raining. Given that sage advice,I will certainly refrain from doing same in the future and save forays only for Dusty Days,so as to preclude a mechanical malady and that especially in a dreaded nook or cranny. THANKS for that tip!

Unfortunately,while taking a Fieldcraft out of the safe,it slipped and toppled over,knocking the windage turret all the way off and forever lost in the shag carpeting. It really has been a deep concern of mine and I am rather upset at the chain of events,that has rendered the platform inoperable. Nothing escapes the keen eye of this rather amazing forum and it's experienced members. Again,thank you.

You STUPID Fhuqks are wellllllllllll shy of anything resembling even a First Fhuqking Clue! Oh my...now a rain drop is a fhuqking Horror Story and grounds to shut down a Cast & Blast?!? Let me letcha' in on a little "secret",that'll only come as a "surprise" to you. Tape precludes bore obstructions and with every press of the trigger,a bore is dried. S/S has no equal and once the brush is wet,all Riggin' is 100% drenched and every time. Stupidity isn't a fhuqking "stance",it is a plight and them differences are more than stark. Hint. It is funnier than fhuqk,that STUPIDITY is wielded as a Secret Squirrel "advantage",by a herd of Window Licking Clueless Fhuqks doing their best,with what incredibly little they have to "work" with. Congratulations?!?

Admittedly,I VERY much enjoyed "spin-knob" too...almost as much as "breach". Laughing!

Spin Knob Factory.

[Linked Image]

One of 60+ windage Spin Knobs I've "knocked off".

[Linked Image]

No Fret installed.

[Linked Image]

Spin Knob Dust Testing.

[Linked Image]

Spin Knobs breed at night...when the lights go off. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess.

Haybale & Crockett "pursuits",are a "critique" of nothing other than loooooooowwwwwwwwwww "standards",for Flat Landing Fence Hoppers and their HILARIOUS Stupidity.

Hint.

Just saying.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Dear VarmintGuy,

Wet rocks is where I draw the line as well. Did you see, in one of the photos, where there was an agglomeration of dirt on the stub left behind where I assume he broke off the spin-knob of his scope? Really this is silliness and thank you for taking a stand against it.

It's those darn spin knobs that cause all the problems........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4disIUzq8lM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJigzhSx6bM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by alpinecrick; 11/24/17.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve pretty much decided I’m getting a scope with turnnits now too!!

So - when I order the turnnits do I get them calibrated was o the retcicle or the bullet?

Last edited by 175rltw; 11/24/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Itchy_Finger

A matter of fact. Good call, Itchy.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I've never been to Alaska or anywhere exotic like you "lucky" gals,but get out now and again here,in Kansas. We get a little bit of rain and I honestly didn't know that it would "hurt" a rifle to cycle and shoot it,when raining. Given that sage advice,I will certainly refrain from doing same in the future and save forays only for Dusty Days,so as to preclude a mechanical malady and that especially in a dreaded nook or cranny. THANKS for that tip!

Unfortunately,while taking a Fieldcraft out of the safe,it slipped and toppled over,knocking the windage turret all the way off and forever lost in the shag carpeting. It really has been a deep concern of mine and I am rather upset at the chain of events,that has rendered the platform inoperable. Nothing escapes the keen eye of this rather amazing forum and it's experienced members. Again,thank you.

You STUPID Fhuqks are wellllllllllll shy of anything resembling even a First Fhuqking Clue! Oh my...now a rain drop is a fhuqking Horror Story and grounds to shut down a Cast & Blast?!? Let me letcha' in on a little "secret",that'll only come as a "surprise" to you. Tape precludes bore obstructions and with every press of the trigger,a bore is dried. S/S has no equal and once the brush is wet,all Riggin' is 100% drenched and every time. Stupidity isn't a fhuqking "stance",it is a plight and them differences are more than stark. Hint. It is funnier than fhuqk,that STUPIDITY is wielded as a Secret Squirrel "advantage",by a herd of Window Licking Clueless Fhuqks doing their best,with what incredibly little they have to "work" with. Congratulations?!?

Admittedly,I VERY much enjoyed "spin-knob" too...almost as much as "breach". Laughing!

Vintage stuff, Stick. You're on a roll.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I have a 1X4 Leopold shotgun scope with the heavy crosshairs and it is very hard to zero . It does not seem to move after that . I decided to buy a few Redfields , now made by Leopold . One of them shoots to the right when I dial it down, No, I dont have it mounted wrong . I thought it was me for a while cause I think I have a form of dyslexia . I have it sighted in fine now but it was a strange experience sighting that one in. I had to adjust the dials to make it move to the bullet hole while looking through the scope. . This is how I sighted in the gun and found the scope to be made wrong. I rarely use the gun but should send it back. Has anyone found the new Redifelds lacking in quality?

Last edited by ihookem; 12/09/17.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 175rltw
I’ve pretty much decided I’m getting a scope with turnnits now too!!

So - when I order the turnnits do I get them calibrated was o the retcicle or the bullet?

I usually like my turnips boiled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I want to make a comment about companies that will replace or fix their products forever. In many ways it doesn't matter that much. A long time ago a friend of mine and I went goat hunting. He had a cheap scope but it came with a "lifetime" guarantee. We went goat hunting. Had to pay for a float plane, went camping for several days and really worked out pretty hard. Then he got a chance at a really big goat. His scope was fogged up. At that time the warranty wasn't worth a whole lot. But my rifle with a Leopold on it was worth a lot. I should have charged him to use my rifle.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,728 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.