Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Greydog
Your right I am refusing to accept responsibility for game pop reduction, why is that my fault, I never shot anything this year, is it my fault?
I thought I was clear on who to point the fingers at.
Resident hunters didn't give away 25% of the annual allowable harvest to G/O, not my fault either.

Your fellow hunters are not the reason for poor habitat, why not look to the forest companies who put FA back into wildlife initiatives?
They dont de-activate the roads, and all they do is take.

Something to keep in mind is...If you think that if some seasons are changed for a short time then re-instated, think again, once there gone they wont be coming back.
Yes it is hunters who have greater access= more game shot, I agree.
Its also allowing wolves to move freely like panzer divisons, moving efficiently along the man made corridors, however when your dealing with wolves who breed like rabbits, have no enemies, except man, we will never shoot even a small % of wolves.

Theres going to be huge increases in ungulate pops once the fire habitat comes to fruition, it will be short lived unless they address the vehicular traffic in these new areas,,,,,fire=habitat and it is that simple.

Why should the resident hunting community be held accountable for poor ungulate numbers?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Greydog
Your right I am refusing to accept responsibility for game pop reduction, why is that my fault, I never shot anything this year, is it my fault?
Resident hunters didn't give away 25% of the annual allowable harvest to G/O, not my fault either.

Your fellow hunters are not the reason for poor habitat, why not look to the forest companies who put FA back into wildlife initiatives?

Something to keep in mind is...If you think that if some seasons are changed for a short time then re-instated, think again, once there gone they wont be coming back.
Its also allowing wolves to move freely like panzer divisons, moving efficiently along the man made corridors, however when your dealing with wolves who breed like rabbits, have no enemies, except man, we will never shoot even a small % of wolves.

Theres going to be huge increases in ungulate pops once the fire habitat comes to fruition, it will be short lived unless they address the vehicular traffic in these new areas,,,,,fire=habitat and it is that simple.

Why should the resident hunting community be held accountable for poor ungulate numbers?

Your correct

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
amazing that some still think hunters are to blame and ignore the most obvious problems

Good observation about wolves using roads to move and wipe out game. ask any outfitter up in Canada what the biggest problem is now regarding lack of moose, elk and deer and they will say the wolves and bears to a lesser extent. And wolves breed like rabbits and increase population about 30 per cent a year.

The only proven way to control them is trapping and poison and govt will never allow it up north. Idaho down here has finally beginning to start getting wolves under control but have many years yet to reduce populations. But they allow trapping and can shoot them from planes and helicopters

Originally Posted by 7 STW
Originally Posted by 673
Greydog

Your correct

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
^^^^^^^^^ I agree with 673, etc, on this issue and advocate for a 10% MAX. share of our BC game for GOs and foreign hunters as well as serious predator control by the F&W, BUT, this and the road restrictions NEED much greater funding and field CO staff to monitor and enforce these policies.

Will this happen, I doubt it and the huge influx of foreigners as immigrants into BC is a major reason why. So, I am not optimistic. frown

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
ribka trapping wolves is allowed up here. I do lots of it. Most effective method is arial control. They are doing some......but need to do more.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by yukon254
ribka trapping wolves is allowed up here. I do lots of it. Most effective method is arial control. They are doing some......but need to do more.

thanks for clarification. Good to hear

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by SNAP
^^^^^^^^^ I agree with 673, etc, on this issue and advocate for a 10% MAX. share of our BC game for GOs and foreign hunters as well as serious predator control by the F&W, BUT, this and the road restrictions NEED much greater funding and field CO staff to monitor and enforce these policies.

Will this happen, I doubt it and the huge influx of foreigners as immigrants into BC is a major reason why. So, I am not optimistic. frown

what do you think will happen after the ban for grizzly bear hunting? black bear, cougar then the rest. greens are against any kind of hunt for us ...

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

funny about the aerial control ... the guy in charge of that while working for the gvt was in favor now retired he is against ....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by yukonphil
Originally Posted by SNAP

what do you think will happen after the ban for grizzly bear hunting? black bear, cougar then the rest. greens are against any kind of hunt for us ...

What IS happening is perhaps the single most RACIST political action in all of recorded Canadian history and it is the result of the machinations of both extremist Quebec politicians, especially Pierre Trudeau, cursed be his vile name and three generations of "Cultural Marxists" in our pathetic "education system".

ONE minority will control all hunting and they will devastate it and most kids now do not know or care.......... hy ya ya hy ya ya...........

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Snap.....couldnt agree more ^^^^^ Last fall 30 NWT "hunters" drove down with the intention of hunting the nahanni range caribou herd in November when the season is closed for the rest of us. The caribou are bunched up at that time of year so it would have been a massacre.....luckily the weather and road conditions went south so they left empty handed....

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Snap.....couldnt agree more ^^^^^ Last fall 30 NWT "hunters" drove down with the intention of hunting the nahanni range caribou herd in November when the season is closed for the rest of us. The caribou are bunched up at that time of year so it would have been a massacre.....luckily the weather and road conditions went south so they left empty handed....

we have these same group of hunters, here in Washington, who go to the elk winter feeding stations to practice their long held traditions too from the cabs of their trucks. Over 30 yds from the road, well too much work. Some members have less than 30% heritage.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/management-issues/docs/2017_moose_fact_sheet.pdf

Some disconcerting info for some of the areas, not so bad in other areas.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 3,250 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.