-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good analogy, although not what you intended. Embargoes of North Korea haven't hurt Gerbil Boy one little bit, but the Korean people are starving. Same with the NFL; the poor guy selling hot dogs at the stadium is going broke while the players still get their $100k a game.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rocky:
Simple. Lifelong packers fan family, the spigot is now off: no tickets, no merchandise, no idea what NFL advertisers are peddling nor the related news websites. Don’t care anymore. And most of us have plenty of other to-do’s and interests, hobbies, to fill that time. I sense many people have quietly responded in like fashion. And the nfl owner’s unease tells me they see a worsening financial outlook, which in the end is what they value most. Should we feel bad that the vendors of crappy elk stroganoff at Lambeau therefore need one less kid microwaving it, or Shopko needs .25 less staffing to maintain the nfl clothing racks? No. They’ll be fine.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Good analogy, although not what you intended. Embargoes of North Korea haven't hurt Gerbil Boy one little bit, but the Korean people are starving. Same with the NFL; the poor guy selling hot dogs at the stadium is going broke while the players still get their $100k a game.

Sounds like he needs to take his hot dogs to a different venue

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The boycott won't make much difference this year but the players are already talking about how to conduct their protest next year. For this year, the tv contracts are already signed and the season tickets are already sold. If those take a nosedive in the months to come, things will change but fast. If the sponsors can see that their money isn't doing any good, they'll start pulling it out when they negotiate for 2018.
A boycott isn't an immediate thing. It has to continue next year to do much good.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Lifelong Bears fan but I won't watch it while this is allowed in the League.

It's bullschit and they can GFT.

I hosted for Thanksgiving this year and games stayed off.

Travis

I bet Iron Mike would kick any player in the ass that kneeled.Same with Vince L.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Maybe the hot dog guy will get a job at a restaurant where the owner is a decent American.

After all, those boycotting the NFL will spend their entertainment money elsewhere, won't they?

After awhile the players' salaries will go down too.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Maybe the hot dog guy will get a job at a restaurant where the owner is a decent American.

After all, those boycotting the NFL will spend there entertainment money elsewhere, won't they?

After awhile the players' salaries will go down too.

I believe this will be the results if the boycott is carried into next year, it is not something that happens over night. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
W W -

I havent seen anyone take a knee in the Negroid F L in weeks.

I havent watched a game in weeks. That's how I deal with them. There ARE enuff people boycotting the games in person and viewing on TV (recently the sports news said, A particular Monday night nfl game had the LOWEST viewership "ever").

That hurts everyone's pocketbook related to nfl.

I don't care if the WHOLE thing goes down the toilet.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Revenue lost will affect the salary cap next year, which will affect the players.

Owners have their separate revenue which is not a subject to decline in viewership, stadium boxes, etc.

Lower salary cap benefits owners, as they have an excuse to drive player salaries down.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Can each ape that does it. A few more on the welfare won't make a difference, and half of them are crooks and drug dealers on the side anyhow.

Either that or use a taser on them, the modern day massa's electric whip.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by littlecmonkey; 11/24/17.
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The NFL really exist for one reason, to make money. If they don't make money, it cuts into the owners profit. Goodell could stop this, but doestn't have the nads to do it. To get their attention, go after the revenue stream.
The largest revenue stream is likely through the media outlets. If we can boycott the advertisers, the media will put pressure on the NFL. Let the advertisers know you will not be buying their products. Can you imagine if the networks can't sell comerical spots during a game. How about super bowl spots. That would bring some action.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boycotting is treating pollution by building a dam far downstream. It's a lot better to just fix the leak.

By which I mean the players. Simplest, quickest, and most effective. One simple directive: You can protest or play. Pick one.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Boycotting is treating pollution by building a dam far downstream. It's a lot better to just fix the leak.

By which I mean the players. Simplest, quickest, and most effective. One simple directive: You can protest or play. Pick one.

I like the sentiment but I have no control over the owners.

I do, however, have control over my remote. So I'm doing what I can.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ignoring the NFL is THEEEE solution to the kneeling problem.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I deal with it by not watching or wasting my time on it.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.