Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
What I find interesting is that anybody cares to listen to this fat neckbeard. The guy has zero real world experience that I know of. No LE experience, no military time as a trigger puller. Nada.

He is simply another ewetube goober with a camera and an opinion. He threw up a green sheet in his basement and hit the record button, and people tune into him like he is some sort of subject matter expert.

It certainly goes to show that you don't have to have any personal subject matter expertise about anything, just sound and act like you do, and the gullible and clueless will follow.

crazy

Gotta say I'd much prefer to listen to your opinions any day. Carry on.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I always carry a 9mm unless I'm carrying a 357, J frame on top of that.

Most of my guns have night sights but standard sights work just fine with a flashlight. I've yet to see any tritium sights not turn black when a flashlight was used.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Oregon45
What amuses me to no end about the Glock Youtubers is that they preach "Glock perfection" while recommending several hundred dollars in after market parts that are "necessary" to make a Glock work--new trigger, new sights, etc.

A Glock is a wonderful pistol to spend no more than $500 on. Beyond that, you're better off buying a pistol built right from the factory.

As for this particular Youtuber, his use of the portmanteau "clueful" is enough to discredit him.

If I heard him correctly, this youtube oper8tor says he doesn't carry a Glock.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
What amuses me to no end about the Glock Youtubers is that they preach "Glock perfection" while recommending several hundred dollars in after market parts that are "necessary" to make a Glock work--new trigger, new sights, etc.

A Glock is a wonderful pistol to spend no more than $500 on. Beyond that, you're better off buying a pistol built right from the factory.

As for this particular Youtuber, his use of the portmanteau "clueful" is enough to discredit him.

If I heard him correctly, this youtube oper8tor says he doesn't carry a Glock.

Yeah, he says he carries an H&K.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

I teach concealed carry classes, and while the state (Illinois) doesn't specify this, I tell my students if they are going to carry a firearm they should have a flashlight that gets carried every time the handgun does. National stats indicate 80% of shootings occur in low light to dark. If you can't identify it, and it's not shooting at you, you better be able to articulate why you shot if you hit someone. If all you can see is a silhouette, you can't determine if your adversary (IF that's your adversary) has dropped the gun, is no longer pointing a weapon at you, or is still pointing his weapon at you. You need a flashlight if you're going to carry.

I think everybody here agrees that a flashlight is standard equipment. It goes with you during the day and on the nightstand when you go to bed.

Flash light will give away your position.

Gotta decide if stopping a person from advancing farther into your home, and toward your loved ones, who are too scattered throughout the house to herd into a "safe room", is worth the risk of identifying him with your flashlight then shooting him IF he poses an imminent threat of serious bodily injury or death to you or one of your loved ones. You should always identify your target. I don't own night vision goggles, or you can bet they would be right beside my pistol and electronic ear muffs. I can hear MUCH better with my expensive electronic muffs due to hearing loss from shooting too many rounds w/out hearing protection.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
............portmanteau.......

There's a $3 word for ya, had to google it, lol.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I teach concealed carry classes, and while the state (Illinois) doesn't specify this, I tell my students if they are going to carry a firearm they should have a flashlight that gets carried every time the handgun does. National stats indicate 80% of shootings occur in low light to dark. If you can't identify it, and it's not shooting at you, you better be able to articulate why you shot if you hit someone. If all you can see is a silhouette, you can't determine if your adversary (IF that's your adversary) has dropped the gun, is no longer pointing a weapon at you, or is still pointing his weapon at you. You need a flashlight if you're going to carry.

I think everybody here agrees that a flashlight is standard equipment. It goes with you during the day and on the nightstand when you go to bed.

So will gunshots that miss, and stubbed toes, and any of a litany of things that happen in the dark without light.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SargeMO
It's been a little over 25 years since I attended, but NRA's Police Firearms Instructor Development School was operated on the premise that a FTO should be a top shooter in any venue they were instructing. There were still a few humping to pass the course when I left on the 5th day.

I attended the NRA Police Firearm Instructor Development School in 1991. The classroom portion was one week, and it came first. The shooting part was the last week. We all came in wanting to shoot. By the time we were done I really didn't care if I ever shot again. The qualification was substantially more difficult than anything I had encountered to that point. I got over it, and was ready to get back to my agency and start suggesting changes to our qualifications. Little did I know...

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by liliysdad

So will gunshots that miss, and stubbed toes, and any of a litany of things that happen in the dark without light.

LOL yup, stepping on legos barefoot, tripping over the coffee table, or stepping on the cat, etc. Although throwing the cat might be a useful distraction, and entertaining too. smile

Anyway, point being that blanket statements like that above about flashlights don't do anybody much good. Learn how and when to use the tools at hand, and when not to.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Where was a blanket statement that “flashlights don’t do anybody any good”?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I could not talk to 51 instructors without getting a headache.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't carry a flashlight.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Gunshots? Anyone that turns a light on to avoid stubs toes in the home has just lost any advantage he had. If you live in a home you should know it in the dark, the intruder will not. Flashlights have there place but searching for an intruder with one will get you shot just as it did recently the home owner in Ohio.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Powerful flashlights are so small nowadays, that you might as well. I just clip a tiny tactical flashlight into my right front pocket when I put my wallet, keys, etc., on in the morning. Never give it a thought till it's needed. I use it several times a day for various mundane purposes. Most recently, I used it to verify that the turkey carcass was empty, i.e., no more packages to remove before cooking. On my way back from an evening walk, I routinely use it to light up the car port (anti-ambush) as I reenter my property.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's been a little over 25 years since I attended, but NRA's Police Firearms Instructor Development School was operated on the premise that a FTO should be a top shooter in any venue they were instructing. There were still a few humping to pass the course when I left on the 5th day.

I attended the NRA Police Firearm Instructor Development School in 1991. The classroom portion was one week, and it came first. The shooting part was the last week. We all came in wanting to shoot. By the time we were done I really didn't care if I ever shot again. The qualification was substantially more difficult than anything I had encountered to that point. I got over it, and was ready to get back to my agency and start suggesting changes to our qualifications. Little did I know...

Topeka?

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Topeka?

Texas Department of Public Safety headquarters in Austin, Texas.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Dave

My shoulder rig on the right side where the two magazine pouches are, I hang a 1000 Lumen Streamlight. Very small and handy. Will blind a perp. Or use the strobe function. But the gun is the primary defense of coarse. I practice using the light with the gun occasionally. With my eyes the way they are, night sights reduce the target visibility in low light.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Dave

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger

And you don't mess around with Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only flashlight I carry regularly is a wore-slick Maglite Solitare that lives on my key chain. I've got a couple of good, bright rechargeables but they are too big for EDC and are relegated to pickup/farm duty. We keep a few cheap, bright LED flasghlights stashed around the house, primarily for power failures,

When doing building searches, I ran a light as little as possible. I have also been known to throw a $150 department owned flashlight (mine or the other guy's, if the dumbass lit us up too much) into the next walled corridor or enclosure. I'd be behind cover where I could see into the doorway, usually with a shotgun trained on it.

Last edited by SargeMO; 11/24/17.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The only flashlight I carry regularly is a wore-slick Maglite Solitare that lives on my key chain. I've got a couple of good, bright rechargeables but they are too big for EDC and are relegated to pickup/farm duty. We keep a few cheap, bright LED flasghlights stashed around the house, primarily for power failures,

When doing building searches, I ran a light as little as possible. I have also been known to throw a $150 department owned flashlight (mine or the other guy's, if the dumbass lit us up too much) into the next walled corridor or enclosure. I'd be behind cover where I could see into the doorway, usually with a shotgun trained on it.

Yeah, I'd stay out of the doorway and lay my streamlight on the ground and roll it. It rolled in an arc and would pretty much light up the whole room while I and my partner stayed out of the doorway. We all carried SL-20s or SL-35s so no one was willing to throw their light. We'd roll, but not throw those high dollar Streamlights. I did have one of those plastic bodied lights that we attached traffic direction cones to. If I knew we were going in for a building search in a dark building I'd grab it too because I didn't mind tossing it into a room or down the hallway.

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 35 invisible), 1,951 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,432
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.