Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Pork to show up the Muslims and prove this is AMERICA! Only to shred up AMERICA into some bastardized Mexican goop. Makes perfect sense.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bull. I'm not giving up turkey tetrazini. There's plenty of time for pork roast the rest of the year, leave my leftover turkey alone.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Ah loves turkey.

If we have thanksgiving at a friends place, I roast a turkey the next weekend.

No offense to pork. Just this is a turkey day.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ah loves turkey.

If we have thanksgiving at a friends place, I roast a turkey the next weekend.

No offense to pork. Just this is a turkey day.

YES!!!

We always do one on Friday if we go somewhere for Thanksgiving dinner.

Turkey day comes once a year, and I love the bird...turkey sammiches...turkey a-la-king...turkey pot pie...turkey curry... Left-ovaries are almost better than the first dinner.

Did I say turkey sammiches??? laugh shocked

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had our turkey yesterday so it was Chicken Chow Mein today.

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are having Thanksgiving tomorrow. I don't care what the main course is as long as it is meat.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Well, I just had a pork sammich and some apple pie and some pecan pie, and there's STILL plenty for some
posole or green chili, through the weekend. Put some cranberry stuff on the sandwich, too. Happy eating to
you all, from a swede-descended American who likes Mexican food. By the way, 17 wild turkeys crossed the
yard this morning. I'll take it as a "Thank you!"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prime rib smoked then broiled to crisp up the outside. Why eat fowl just because it's a tradition?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Did I say turkey sammiches??? laugh shocked

You did but you missed the mark..........Hot turkey sammich is where it's at.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My favorite Turkey day meal is about 2 or 3 days later. That's when I stir fry the dressing & chopped up leftover turkey in a frying pan & then dump the remaining jiblet gravy over it and dig in grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I usually hunt on turkey day.
So just eat like normal.
The ol lady and my kids went to her other kids house for the feast.
Haven't talked to that POS for 15 yrs.
Not gonna start now.

No probs, just is what it is.

My gal's mom's Easter leg of lamb.........should not be skipped.
Worth the circus.

Now there's an idea.............have that twice a yr, Easter and Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by hookeye; 11/24/17.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A few years ago some of my relatives came over for Thanksgiving, three cousins on my mother's side, Her Royal Princess Doreen the pauper, and her older sister Dawn the cat lady, and her husband Don the retired Navy Master Chief. Now I have a mild allergy to Turkey that causes me to need Omeprazole well beforehand if I am to avoid nausea and semi-terminal acid reflux, so I decided to make a beef prime rib roast and pork roast in the super non-stick roasting pan that barely fits in the old GE oven. The best cuts from Costco were purchased, both were pierced and stuffed with garlic, the pork also stuffed with sprigs of fresh rosemary, and both marinaded overnight with McCormick's Meat Marinade in the refrigerator.

Come the morning and day of the great arrival, I peeled sufficient potatoes and onions, and washed a small bag of baby carrots. After quartering the potatoes and onions they were placed around beneath the rack holding the meat, and the carrots evenly distributed on the top of both. Then I added a can of beef broth and a liberal drenching of Imported Portuguese Port wine, and an ounce or two of Italian balsamic vinegar to the bottom of the roasting pan, then festooned the pork roast with a meat thermometer. The entire load of deliciousness was slid into the oven timed to be done just in time shut everybody up about family crap I had no interest in, except for Don who had good sea stories about being blown up in Viet Nam and later, after being repaired and regaining his eyesight, how he enlisted in the Reserves to finish out his 20 years.

After the roaster had been sizzling for a couple of hours, like an expectant steam locomotive waiting to high-ball over the Overland Express Route, I pulled the top cover off so the meat would develop a nice brown crust instead of turning into pot roast, and the same for the potatoes, that nice brown crust adding flavor when they were mashed down on the plate and topped with melting butter. The onions would cook up sweet, and the carrots too, with a hint of wine like tanginess.

Finally the party arrived at the table to begin with a nice green salad, then main courses were served, along with a platter of my garlic bread made with just garlic, butter and crusty sourdough bread toasted to a light brown. Red wine was also served, and my wife made the effort to use her seldom seen Hungarian crystal wine glasses. Now Princess Doreen commented, "What no turkey?" Demonstrating her haughty disdain for peasant food. Her sister Dawn however mentioned all the work that went into the repast, and Don took a few bites and said, "Boy this is good stuff!" For desert we served my homemade pumpkin pie, made with a liberal substitution of Bacardi Gold Rum for part of the required milk, topped with whipped cream, and served with Kona coffee. At the conclusion of the meal Her Highness, ever the traditionalist so taken with the accouterments rather than what was important said, "Tomorrow everyone can come over to my place and we'll have turkey, and I'll use the good dishes!" Seems my wife used our everyday dishes rather than the fine china her late mother left her.

My wife was heard to say to Don, "You know Don." pointing to me and my cousins, "The good thing about you and me is we aren't related to them by blood." Don laughed, the other two missed the comment while hashing over long ago memories that still didn't mean anything, I smiled.

They are all gone now, and as irritating as they could be, I miss them every holiday.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 11/24/17.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Dang, WranglerJohn. You could probably adopt me as a relative, if you want. Oldest granddaughter
sat down to her meal yesterday and said, "I like Grandma & Grandpa's Thanksgiving the best, because
they don't have to always have turkey."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We eat turkey often, so it's not some once-a-year treat. But we eat it often because we like it, so it's still a treat.

Few things are more American than turkey, as good old Ben Franklin said. The holiday is about more than just the dinner entree, however. Fix and eat whatever you like, as long as it's eaten with family and friends.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
relatives are some times like jock itch.
I am not particularly fond of the thanksgiving turkey, but love the leftovers. Wife has been working for two weeks on cookies etc for the holiday season and yesterday did a turkey and a ham, hand made on all the related items.
If i would have heard a word of criticism, i would have said go to denny's next year.
We have been providing food and drink for all sorts of people for many years, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
"The holiday is about more than just the dinner entree, however. Fix and eat whatever you like, as long as it's eaten with family and friends."

Ya damn straight, Rocky!

Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday of the year!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,718
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.