Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
JWD8310 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
They looked hung over out there! Pitt showed some heart.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hangovers are probably as good of an explanation as any, but Pitt played their asses off.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
J
JWD8310 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
You could definitely tell Pitt was motivated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
mediocre season, undefeated team coming in

lots of motivation, this was Pitt's bowl game.

Did one of the Pitt player run over to the Miami bench and ask for the turnover chain after the strip sack?

cfb, always some topsy turvy stuff in a season.

I'm left to wonder if Miami was isaac's lock pick of the week?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They were too loaded down with......................................................................... CHAINS.

grin

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The spirit of Jackie Sherrill lives on ! ! ! ! ! Always nice to see one bunch of bums beating up on another ! ! ! !

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lots of members here from Penna. . . . guess who represented our great state!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...resistance-conference-in-california.html

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
That's why they lace 'em up and play. Never know how it's gonna play out. College footballs great!

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to see Auburn beat Alabama, Miami beat Clempson, Michigan to beat tOSU and tOSU to beat Wisconsin. That will stir the pot in this voting, eye test, recruiting stars, MNC extravaganza. wink

The best way to pick four teams is to take the best four conference champions. If you are going to use a committee of "voters" then use "must be a conference champion" as the first criteria. Who would complain about the results on the field?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I got's to get a Turnover Chain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I want to see Auburn beat Alabama, Miami beat Clempson, Michigan to beat tOSU and tOSU to beat Wisconsin. That will stir the pot in this voting, eye test, recruiting stars, MNC extravaganza. wink

The best way to pick four teams is to take the best four conference champions. If you are going to use a committee of "voters" then use "must be a conference champion" as the first criteria. Who would complain about the results on the field?

you forgot to mention you'd like to see WVU beat Oklahoma. just an oversight I'm sure, no need to thank me (grin)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good point. How did I forget that? grin That would be a total mess!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hurricanes were highly over ranked as usual. They played a bunch of mediocre teams.

The Auburn / Bamna Iron Bowl could go either way. Should be one hell of a great game! Roll Tide! grin

I hope Baker Mayfield gets his ass handed to him by WV.

UT Longhorns vs T-tech are getting ready to KO on FOX. Neither team has been worth a damn this year but it ought to be a great game. Since the Longhorns no longer play my Aggies, they love to hate Texas Tech. wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tech needs a win to become bowl eligible. I would imagine Kingsbury needs a win to keep his job.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
While I greatly appreciate any game that upsets the "natural order of things", all games like this do is make it that much easier for the committee to anoint the teams that they wanted back before the season ever started.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The committee wants the blue bloods. Alabama, Oklahoma, Clempson, Ohio St.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tech needs a win to become bowl eligible. I would imagine Kingsbury needs a win to keep his job.

Yep. I like Kingsbury! Wished TAMU would have promoted him to head Coach instead of hiring Summlin. He was the QB coach at TAMU before T-tech hired him as their head coach.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/24/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mizzou beat Arkansas in a high scoring game today, too. Where are all the Mizzery Fans? wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/24/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I can, because conference championships are only based on conference games. This makes them a poor indicator of overall quality because they ignore a lot of "results on the field".

First, it eliminates the second best team in the country just because they happen to be in the same conference as the best team in the country.

Second, pretending that non-conference games never happened skews the results. Let's take an example, Team A and Team B. Both are in the same major conference. Team A schedules its three non-conference games against Alabama, Clemson and Oklahoma and wins them all. Team B schedules its three games against Happy Valley Community College, South Eastern Rhode Island State and Vassar and loses all three. Team B loses one conference game and Team A loses to Team B by a point.

This makes Team A 11-1 with wins against Alabama, Clemson and USC and Team B 8-4 with losses to three cupcakes. But since non-conference games don't exist as far as conference championships are concerned Team B is the conference champion and under your scheme would go to the playoff over Team A.

Madness.

Conferences and division winners work fairly well in baseball, pro football and basketball because there is a relatively small number of teams, the skill levels are far closer than in college football and most of the teams play each other. As currently implemented in college football they are a poor indicator of quality, which is why the playoff system only uses them as a tie breaker.

Last edited by natman; 11/24/17.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good for Pitt.

Retired cat herder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
619 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,846 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,130
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.