Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I accidently did a bit of Black Friday shopping and noticed a 25% off sign over all the knives, axes and saws in a local sporting goods store. Looking a bit closer, I noticed two Granfors bruk axes. One Small Forest axe and one Scandanavian Forest axe. Hell, I didn't think anybody around here even carried them?

Anyway, the Small Forest axe felt really great in the hand and I decided to snag it. Out the door it was $103.

What does this axe cost in your area? I'm seeing the Small Forest Axe online for $140 and up.

The Scandanavian Forest axe was only $10 more. I dang near tempted to go back and see if its still there and on sale...

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Those prices are the best you will ever see. I would have bought both. What a Christmas gift they would make for you or a friend.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought mine from LL Bean with a 25% off coupon.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by woods_walker
Those prices are the best you will ever see. I would have bought both. What a Christmas gift they would make for you or a friend.

And I can the perfect friend to give it to.....hint..... grin

Kidding aside.....where did you see those Lonny? I just like to fondle one and see what all the fuss is about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's an axe I would like for my truck. And that's a very good price!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by woods_walker

And I can the perfect friend to give it to.....hint..... grin

Charlie, I had one at the counter for you when I remembered how when we were shooting varmints last spring, my rifle suddenly started missing after I took a leak and had my back turned...

Somehow the windage cap was off when I came back??? Hmmm...

And than there was the "wind" that always shook the pickup when I tried to shoot using it for a rest... I started connecting some dots and the axe will have to go to FB2 instead... smile smile

Tri-State had them, but the 25% off sale was for Friday only. I was in there a few weeks ago and fondled them for a bit and really liked the small forest axe. Heck, I would have never even given the Granfors Bruk a second look if you hadn't got me hooked up with the Husqvarna axe line. That got me understanding what a decent axe is like. I'll darn sure let you handle it to see what you think as I'd be interested in your opinion. It's supposed to be a Christmas present though and the wife has taken it out of my possession for now... smile

Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
MOGC,

For the truck is exactly why I bought it. I started carrying a Husqvarna carpenters axe in my pickup after FG showed me his and I wondered how I ever got along with out that handy little axe. Glad to hear it was a decent deal also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lonny

Charlie, I had one at the counter for you when I remembered how when we were shooting varmints last spring, my rifle suddenly started missing after I took a leak and had my back turned...

Somehow the windage cap was off when I came back??? Hmmm...

And than there was the "wind" that always shook the pickup when I tried to shoot using it for a rest... I started connecting some dots and the axe will have to go to FB2 instead... smile smile

Sorry bout that but when you shoot as poorly as I do you never pass up an opportunity tip the scale a little bit.

As you know the last thing I need is another Axe but I've never handled a GB so I'm curious. Not curious enough to stop at Tri State but I'll be looking forward to seeing your "Christmas present".

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Excellent price. I have a GB Small Forest axe that I bought many years ago for not a lot of money. To illustrate, at the same time I also bought a mini-hatchet for $40. They are around $140 now. I have never figured out a use for the mini, but it's a neat little item.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There is no way I would ever give that kind of money for an axe again.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 20 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,649
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.