-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks to you all I am getting this dialed in.

I'm seeing federal 9 1/2, 210s, win large rifle magnum, and cci br2 mentioned as the typical swede primers.
Anyone have experience with approx. 50grs of 7828scc under a 140gr partition?

I'll be reloading my factory nosler accubondss... So nosler casings (guy at local shop said nosler uses norma cases but I'm not sure if that's true).

First hand experience out there? Thank you.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dapesche,

I see you are attempting to poll some info. Great resourse, huh.?!?!?!

Question, Have YOU worked up that particular load in YOUR own rifle.?
Another, 2 part. IF you did, what primer did YOU use, and how did it perform for YOU in YOUR rifle.?

EACH rifle has a way of its own, every barrel, every chamber, every bit of it responds in it's own unique way. The challange for you is to find out what YOUR individual rifle likes, and if you're satisfied with your discovery. Nobody else can determine that for you, this is your journey.

I'd suggest you try those.CCI's. If they satisfy, your good to go. If not, nobody can tell you for sure what otber primer is going to do the trick for you, You are.going to have to figure that out according to your particular rifles' personality.

Do some shooting, it'll all work out great.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
D
OP Offline
D
Amazing resource. Kind of blows the mind how quickly information is shared now a days. Good ol days it would have been either a mentor, lots of coffee bs'ing or a tremendous amount of trial and error.

Point makes sense for sure. I have focused all my research on Tikka swedes and then try to get a general consensus on bullets and powders that have worked.

I stepped away from the lapua mega and norma oryx (will buy factory load if I want to dabble). 140gr partition seems proven.

Slower powders were working well in Tikkas so it came down to 7828scc and imr 4831. V-powder is too tough to find and I didn't see enough Tikka owners using h 1000.

So then it came primers and that is an item that isn't listed very often. Thanks for informing me about the variability in primers. I'll grab the wlrm and remington 9½ and see how she goes. Mentor has federal so I'll have options.

Will post results.

Thank you for the advice.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dapesche,

Just a FYI,

I've used Rem 9 1/2 primers for 5 different loads in the 6.5X55 Swede and they worked very well. I also never try a mag primer first because in a small case capacities it is a general rule that you will see best results with the standard primer more often than not.

I wish you success 😀

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you! Nosler has the 9½ primer in their reloading book. Norma had Winchester large rifle magnum.
I think I'll start with both.. Small cost. A gent I'm cheating with has done an amazing at of work with his Tikka and he swears by magnum primers.
I guess we'll see. 😀

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pick a primer, start low and work up and you won't have any trouble with a reasonable amount of care. It's a lot of fun developing a good load and I'm sure you will find it rewarding.

Gerry.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,600 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.