OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
[Linked Image]

W-O-W laugh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TooDogs
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
[Linked Image]

Nice ride!

I see what you did there.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My neighbor in Idaho (a recent Alaska transplant) bought one this year and is using it this fall. He bought it to haul deer/elk parts out as he often hunts alone and is just shy of 70.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s a broken bone crash waiting to happen in the most remote area you can find.
There is no suspension combined with low pressure tires just imagine the bounce you get at 20mph. I’ve owned two in my life. Much different models and options. Both had the same problems. It’s true it will get you into the back country further than anything else made. But when you do hit a trail that lets you get beyond 18-20 mph. It will bounce you to death and scare the life out of you. I’ve ridden dirt bikes much of my life and had my own motocross track with jumps on my farm. Bikes are not new to me.

I wanted the rokon to be what’s it’s advertised as more than anyone. However, it’s not going to be what you hope for until they find a way to install a front suspension. It is simply dangerous at anything above 12-15 mph.

If you pull it up to a tree or wall it will crawl straight up in low gear. It will climb over a 20-30” fallen tree. It will go through deep snow. But it will bounce you out of control and is scary as hell above 20.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
FieldGrade, I'm not seeing the gas tank cap breather tube on your bike.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've always wanted one, but haven't found a good deal yet. I'll keep watching.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
And getting back down from up where it will take you is pretty hairy as well. I have literally been above and looking down on Dall sheep on mine. The descent was sketchy, to say the least...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Thegman
And getting back down from up where it will take you is pretty hairy as well. I have literally been above and looking down on Dall sheep on mine. The descent was sketchy, to say the least...

That's impressive!

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have one it has all the advantages and limitations that everyone has previously mentioned. Last I looked they can come with a Kohler or a Honda engine. Simple designs really but I believe they require more maintenance than the average 4 wheeler. American made, not a metric thread on the main bike (not that that really matters). I have mainly had to tinker with the chain drive adjustments and the carb a bit. I honestly think mine might get to 30 mph if I dropped it from the top of a tall tree .....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
FieldGrade, I'm not seeing the gas tank cap breather tube on your bike.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
FG On mine which is a 2013 model. There is no gas cap breather tube. I believe this is due to carb { meaning stoopid fooking Cali regs }

At least I had the hottest DMV gal come out to inspect the motor sticker and check for the vent tube.

I'd read that the owner of Rokon had resisted the change with the breather tube and tank because it required state testing and substantial fees to get gooburmential approvial.

Thank God I'm back in Nevada but it seems I'm totally surrounded by Infidel Californians.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The wife and I each have 2005 trailbreakers. I also have a tow bar on mine, along with the side car. Several years ago, I skidded out two bull elk, from a clear cut, down to the utility trailer.....whole! Amazing what that little lawnmower engine will do. The sidecar is handy where ATV's are allowed. It is rated at a 60 degree climb angle, if you can hang on! Rock chuck is correct about crawling over blow downs. Traction is better with the after market grim reaper tires on them. Suspension consists of a spring over shock, under the seat and 7 psi, in the tires. Mine is mainly used for retrieving game, as I hunt on foot. Many a loaded pack frame has come out, in the side car. I figured it will gain me about 10 extra years of elk hunting/packing....next best thing to a mule, without the fuss and mess.

Andy 3

PS. The side car takes some getting use to. Left hand turns, no problem............right hand turns, if its empty, it wants to come off the ground and flip over you! Not an issue at slow speeds. The first time WILL get your attention!!! My bird dogs love to ride in it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I figured it will gain me about 10 extra years of elk hunting/packing....next best thing to a mule, without the fuss and mess.
Most of the places we hunt are closed to all motor vehicles. I ended up with llamas just for that reason. They take up much less space than horses or mules although I do have to walk. I figure they added 5 or more years to my hunting career. I'm getting too old to be packing elk quarters on my back any more.

It is rated at a 60 degree climb angle, if you can hang on!
that's 60%, not 60 degrees. BIG difference. 60% is pretty steep but 60 degrees is serious mountain goat stuff. A 60% slope is approx 31 degrees. This diagram is a 60 degree hill. If you lay it on it's long axis, that's 30 degrees, about what a Rokon is rated for. That's a pretty steep hill, too.
[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I would think that a sidecar would defeat one of the main advantages of a Rokon, namely it's narrowness. They will go vertical, but you won't. The first year I was doing more hill climbing up to my hunting area with the back wheel doing most of the pulling. I strapped a car battery to the front rack and then the front wheel stayed on the ground better. Now I have a 20# rubber coated dumbbell strapped to the front rack and I like the weight distribution much better.

Mentioned earlier was 18-20 mph through the woods! Say what? This thing is a replacement for legs through rough terrain that will go even slower than walking speed while carrying a load. I can't remember the last time that I even used third gear. It ain't a dirt bike motorcycle, it is more like a motor-tractor geared way down for low end, low speed tractable power.

fburgtx, where is that breather jet that gets contaminated with dirt that causes the rough idle? I've read that it is a simple thing to just run a wire through it, but I've never done it on mine.

FieldGrade, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek instead of hanging out of my mouth with that earlier post about the gas cap. At my advancing age I think that I would rather ride the Rokon. smile

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
fburgtx, where is that breather jet is it that gets contaminated with dirt that causes the rough idle? I've read that it is a simple thing to just run a wire through it, but I've never done it on mine.

There's a pic of the jet location in this thread:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/rokon/messages/17268/11

I take off my air filter housing (and I think choke pull) and the small fiberglass shroud between the gas tank and motor. Not incredibly difficult, but not something you want to do in the middle of the woods, either. You just wiggle a small strand of copper wire in there a few times, and that does the trick. No real predictability to it, it'll just randomly start running like crap one day, and I'll know it's time to do it again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,746
Posts18,457,767
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.