Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by ABLE
PLZ CLARIFY Umm, just so you know for future reference "asking us to go out for a few beers" is definitely not the same as "go to the pub for a few beers".

THANKS IN ADVANCE
ABLE

One is asked to "go out" if one is a prospect, one "goes to the pub" for a beer.

Translation:

1 = sore arse.
2 = few beers with mates.

Kind of pays to watch who you get drunk with.

I don't know; the last girl was kind of cute.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Australia people,take your country back ! get your gun rights back get rid of those liberals one way or another.fight back get your rights back ! good luck

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pete53
Australia people,take your country back ! get your gun rights back get rid of those liberals one way or another.fight back get your rights back ! good luck

All those little people called pete53, grow a brain, invest in a clue, fight for some intellect.

Good luck.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
answer from a blanket Liberal

All those little people called pete53, grow a brain, invest in a clue, fight for some intellect.

Good luck.

yep a answer from a blanket Liberal, can`t own guns ? man up and fight !

Last edited by pete53; 08/02/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
answer from a blanket Liberal

Good luck.

yep a answer from a blanket Liberal, can`t own guns ? man up and fight !

Another yankee [bleep] with no knowledge and no brain.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
may I just say this without us FREE Americans protecting the world ,you would be speaking German,Japanese or Russian in your country.

Last edited by pete53; 08/02/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
may I just say this without us FREE Americans protecting the world ,you would be speaking German,Japanese or Russian in your country.

Without the French you would still be English...and the past administration ably demonstrates your lack of freedom.

And with another 20+ IQ piont you would be almost average.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yes we thank the French ! Liberal : IQ ? > "point'< that`s how you spell this simple word.

Last edited by pete53; 08/03/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Have it your way halfwit.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z

The might of the U.S. armed forces are definitely a deterrent to the despot regimes of this world and long may it remain so. However, unfortunately for you on the home front, the U.S.A. ranks well down the list for personal freedom and it's not improving. In other words, you're not as FREE as you think you are.

We all owe a debt to the all the armed forces personal and civilians from numerous freedom loving democracies who fought and sometimes died and still do to this day, to protect freedom and liberate those who were and are enslaved by tyranny. That includes the U.S.A. of course.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My American friends and family who have fought with other America soldiers have gave all us America`s much more freedom than any other country in the world too. name one country stronger with such freedom of choice that can protect it`s self from any country without help, there is none stronger than the U.S.A. , we also feed most of the world in one way or another with no thank you in return ! > Your ranking system of freedom is incorrect, I suppose you think New ZEALAND is more free`er ? you have a nice country but for protection and your freedom> you need America as does every other country in the world who has some freedom. The Japanese in the past called us the Sleeping Big Dog that should not be woke up, and for good reason too. Pete53

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
My American friends and family who have fought with other America soldiers have gave all us America`s much more freedom than any other country in the world too. name one country stronger with such freedom of choice that can protect it`s self from any country without help, there is none stronger than the U.S.A. , we also feed most of the world in one way or another with no thank you in return ! > Your ranking system of freedom is incorrect, I suppose you think New ZEALAND is more free`er ? you have a nice country but for protection and your freedom> you need America as does every other country in the world who has some freedom. The Japanese in the past called us the Sleeping Big Dog that should not be woke up, and for good reason too. Pete53

pete53

My fellow countrymen and family members fought and died in all the major conflicts of the last century and in the so called war on terror too, right alongside of the U.S.A. and our other allies. We lost more people per head of population than you did in WWII. Yes, New Zealand is more free than you are:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10858183 -

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2018/01/31/freedom-ranking-n2441879 -

https://bigthink.com/experts-corner/is-america-free.

There are other examples of course, however, in reality, differences are small and don't mean much of anything to the average citizen I would think. It's been my experience that all the democratic nations of the world have a lot of freedom. I will add that NZ was the first country in the world to give women the vote, although my Aussie friend jokingly reckons that was a grave mistake. I have travelled extensively all over the world on different occasions and have visited the US.A. three times and have visited forty three states there; probably a lot more than you Pete. On average I really liked the many hundreds of Americans I've met. Great sense of humor too.

I agree the democracies of the world need the U.S.A. and thank God for America, because you're a large powerful nation militarily and also share the fundamentals of democracy and freedom. You keep the despots at bay. My mother, when she was alive, told me that during WWII she and her three sisters were petrified that the Japanese were coming to invade us. She was grateful for the rest of her happy life that the U.S. armed forces stopped them in the battle of the Coral Sea. Many US. servicemen were based here during WWII prior to engaging the enemy in the Pacific. My grandmother often invited a group of American boys to her place for a good home cooked dinner. Our own troops were over in North Africa and Italy at the time fighting the Axis forces there. At least Australia had enough sense to send some of their troops back for home defence. The Aussies have always been very practical people.

As for the claim, that I heard several times while in the states, that America won WWII etc, we won't go there except to say all the allies won. The Red Army killed 8 out 10 German troops. It would've been a different outcome entirely if it wasn't for the Ruskies.

Most nations are very patriotic and while patriotism is mostly a good thing it also can sometimes blind one to reality. From the time one is young enough to comprehend things you're bombarded with patriotism that eventually invades your sub consciousness. An example, America is the best country in the world or NZ is the best country in the world or France is etc. Truth is, people sprouting that sort of nonsense have usually never been or lived anywhere else or visited all the countries in the world or at least the free nations so how the heck would they know? I have noticed though that this form of almost brainwashing is more prevalent in the larger nations.

Anyway, good hunting to you Pete.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
here`s what most American`s feel including myself, we pay by our taxes to protect the world with our military and those young soldiers are our kids,most countries in the world want everything free from us Americans, our hard earned tax money. so we protect ,send money and feed most of the world and many of these countries hate Amercans and turn around and shoot us in the back and they still want our help. what has your country done for America ? I bet if you look at dollars and cents your country owes America a lot of money just like every other country. as our new President Trump has said its time to pay up, and us the quiet majority of America who voted this great man in as president we want our funds " money" back . don`t forget this about world war 2 may have been lost and because Pearl Harbor was bombed the sleepin Big Dog was awoke`n and the rest was history truthfully America won that war. General Patton was also right and our other Generals should have let Patton continue thru Russia and cleaned that Ruskie problem up too. yes you have a great country ,hope you stay safe while hunting and good luck.Pete53

p.s. you might have been to more states than myself,i try to stay out of the liberal areas and states ,I live in the country away from people ,near or along side wild animals in my yard,and I like it that way . we have had bears on the deck, timber wolves on the drive way and deer all over yard, many years ago even a mountain lion in the field also all kinds of small animals and birds.

Last edited by pete53; 08/08/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
here`s what most American`s feel including myself, we pay by our taxes to protect the world with our military and those young soldiers are our kids,most countries in the world want everything free from us Americans, our hard earned tax money. so we protect ,send money and feed most of the world and many of these countries hate Amercans and turn around and shoot us in the back and they still want our help. what has your country done for America ? I bet if you look at dollars and cents your country owes America a lot of money just like every other country. as our new President Trump has said its time to pay up, and us the quiet majority of America who voted this great man in as president we want our funds " money" back . don`t forget this about world war 2 may have been lost and because Pearl Harbor was bombed the sleepin Big Dog was awoke`n and the rest was history truthfully America won that war. General Patton was also right and our other Generals should have let Patton continue thru Russia and cleaned that Ruskie problem up too. yes you have a great country ,hope you stay safe while hunting and good luck.Pete53

p.s. you might have been to more states than myself,i try to stay out of the liberal areas and states ,I live in the country away from people ,near or along side wild animals in my yard,and I like it that way . we have had bears on the deck, timber wolves on the drive way and deer all over yard, many years ago even a mountain lion in the field also all kinds of small animals and birds.

Good grief, you are a [bleep] moron.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
good grief yes you little countries are ,name callin really ? well here you go > your country is like a small sore pimple on big dog`s butt ! Not sure why there is a Australia Forum on 24 hr. campfire ? you guys can`t even own many guns and are mostly LIberals too WHO HATE GUNS !

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Have it your way halfwit.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Apparently neither history nor current affairs are strong suits of yours.

What has Australia done for America? Well, just for starters, when your country was attacked by Japan we were the first country to declare war on Japan to support you. Yes, that is right, we supported you when you were attacked, not the other way around. One hour after Japanese bombers started attacking Pearl Harbor our Prime Minister declared "from one hour ago, Australia has been at war with the Japanese Empire"

We have also supported you in the various wars you have got yourselves involved in since then, sending our young men and women to put their lives on the line in wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and several others. We also have nearly 200 of our firefighters risking their lives fighting massive fires in California right now, far from the first time we've lent a hand in such activity. Australia also invests heavily in the US - the fifth largest investor in your economy, putting in over $600 billion.

We contribute our share to defence, and always have. This includes operating joint defence bases, satellite ground stations and other facilities, training bases and joint training exercises, and when the US has called on us to assist in its defence we have always answered the call.

You may like to think that the US won WWII, but that war had been going for over two years already before the US got involved. America stood by as Europe was invaded, and as Britain and others who might have thought themselves allies of the US were under massive attack, only getting involved when war was declared on it. Other countries committed more men as a percentage of population, and lost more men as a percentage of population too - including Australia, and the war would not have been won without all of those contributions and sacrifices. Your breathtaking ignorance is an insult to the memory of all who fought against the Axis powers, including that of your own countrymen.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
pete53

You truly are completely uneducated and ignorant about the world and it's history and it's obviously a waste of time trying to be civil or converse with you because you're completely brainwashed but you don't even have a clue that it's happened.

We don't owe America any money as far as I know but America sure as hell owes the Chinese a lot and so does just about everyone else.

Maybe NZ and the Australia should both stop giving our hard earned tax dollars to help feed the world's poor too and spend the money on a giant wall to keep people like you out. By the way how's your great wall project going to keep beaner's out?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trump is our American President and most of us are very happy with him,he is a real man and isn`t afraid to speak his mine, you small countries may not like our President but we needed a real man to stand up to countries like North Korea and Russia, I notice the countries you people live in have not ? > Back to World WAR 2 > America lost the most soldiers and spent the most money-gold whatever you want to call it. percentages don`t count when it comes to dead soldiers it`s all terrible for any family in any country. >>> no matter what your history books say America is the biggest reason World War 2 was won and over !

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by zeissman
pete53

You truly are completely uneducated and ignorant about the world and it's history and it's obviously a waste of time trying to be civil or converse with you because you're completely brainwashed but you don't even have a clue that it's happened.

You're not wrong. Bloke's an idiot.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,875 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.