Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
1/20 twist on the 44 Mag. That's kinda nice for going heavy and slow.

At around $300 I wouldn't mind chopping and threading one for subsonic/suppressed use.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
That was pretty good service on their part considering reloads were involved.

If you think that being nearly killed, then given a POS rifle to compensate for their POS pistol blowing up in my hand then,I guess you're right.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Better than being told your reloads were fugked up and GFY.

I think that's the response most would give.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I think Uberti makes a good firearm. Colt must agree because they purchased black powder revolvers and re-branded them as colt and then offered for sale at 2x the price. I was looking at a SAA and would not hesitate over any quality concerns. lack of funds yes, strength no. If there is a chance of a double charge of unique, a modern design such as ruger would be better.

Now back to Henry, I am looking forward to this new rifle. Heck, I might even buy one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fourbore
I think Uberti makes a good firearm. Colt must agree because they purchased black powder revolvers and re-branded them as colt and then offered for sale at 2x the price.

I looked and found ZERO proof of what you claim. And considering the fact that I've owned at least 10 Colt single action pistols,I don't believe it.
And I don't have a problem being proved wrong.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think Uberti makes a good firearm. Colt must agree because they purchased black powder revolvers and re-branded them as colt and then offered for sale at 2x the price. I was looking at a SAA and would not hesitate over any quality concerns. lack of funds yes, strength no. If there is a chance of a double charge of unique, a modern design such as ruger would be better.

Now back to Henry, I am looking forward to this new rifle. Heck, I might even buy one.

Not quite that simply, but thanks for playing.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I would like one in .30-30, but the 308 is not bad either. I want to fondle it before I buy it.

I was disappointed that they did not go with the hammerless Stevens pattern, but this one may do.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I think Uberti makes a good firearm. Colt must agree because they purchased black powder revolvers and re-branded them as colt and then offered for sale at 2x the price.

I looked and found ZERO proof of what you claim. And considering the fact that I've owned at least 10 Colt single action pistols,I don't believe it.
And I don't have a problem being proved wrong.

I forget all the details, but I believe he's talking about the percussion revolvers Colt sold back in the 80's or 90's. IIRC, they were Ubertis, but maybe fitted and assembled by Colt in the U.S. Nice guns, probably better than the originals, and can still be found now and again, but are more of a collector thing than shooters. They came in pretty boxes.

What fresh Hell is this?
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Correct. I have a 3rd model "Colt" dragoon. These were made in Italy by Uberti. No assembled disclaimer involved that I am aware of. Although, if there is documentation to some degree of finish work in the usa, I am open to reading about it. I wll credit Colt for provided the box. No more pretty than any other colt box, BTW. They may have done some fancy cooperatives. Memory fails, only know what I got today.

I guess we really really dont want to talk about the Henry single shots. Bashing colt, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Anyone ever get ahold of a Henry single shot?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There are a few on GB, mostly brass-frame models. My enthusiasm has flown the coop.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need something short in 44mag to replace the H&R that my niece killed her first deer with, as she will be keeping the rifle.

The twist looks good, but I want to see one, or at least hear some reviews.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reeds had a blued 44 magnum with a gorgeous stock on GB. I wanted to buy it but have pissed away too much money on scopes and other stuff lately.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1beaver_shooter, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.