Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
BRING BACK THE GLOSS FINISH!!!!!!! Nothing looks worse (to me) than a nice custom gun with nice deep bluing and glossy wood and a matte scope! Other than that, they have what I want covered.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Preferably they would make one that functions properly tracks and holds zero. All the schit they try to pass off now is absolutely horrid at all of the above.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bobinpa
BRING BACK THE GLOSS FINISH!!!!!!! Nothing looks worse (to me) than a nice custom gun with nice deep bluing and glossy wood and a matte scope! Other than that, they have what I want covered.

Proof that opinions vary. I've never seen a gloss scope that looks good on any rifle. grin

I really like the Leupolds and from a utility perspective liked my VX2, until it stopped pointing in the same spot all the time. So I'd just like to see some robustness added in even if it adds an ounce or two.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Preferably they would make one that functions properly tracks and holds zero. All the schit they try to pass off now is absolutely horrid at all of the above.

Absolutely agree. If they are going to put out junk, then the price should reflect it, but they are priced as if they are totally reliable.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
wished leupold made? umm how about a scope that had nightforce reliable tracking, put your lowest tier glass in it. hell redfield glass. just make the damn thing solid mechanically. oh one last thing I am not a fan of leupolds optical formula, eye relief is a tad too long most of the time. this make the image you see in the scope smaller. when coming from other scopes I always thought to myself that sure doesnt' look like 3x ! The coatings also bounce alot of stray light when trying to use a gun light if you shoot the gun at night. aww nevermind my very last leupold is listed for sale on ebay right now.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 12/04/17.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
2-10X40 with standard duplex reticle, 30 mm tube, elevation turret that tracts well, Zero stop, caped windage reticle, 4" eye relief. to me this would be the perfect muzzle loader scope. Oh and lets keep it in the $300 range.

Everyone is pretty on the internet!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What are some scopes you wished leupold made? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ones that track like advertised, ones that don't require shims as a band aid solution, ones that wont drift 1.5 inches high and 1 inch left after you "zeroed" it, ones that will pair 2 shots after you optically center out the scope, Ones that don't move diagonally 15" to the 4 O clock off target when you give em 2 1/4" clicks right at 100 yds. Ones that can shoot a square and not a grossly out of spec trapiziod descending to the lower right.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by sbhooper

Absolutely agree. If they are going to put out junk, then the price should reflect it, but they are priced as if they are totally reliable.

But their warranty is soooooooo great, they sent me a brand new vx3i 3.5-10x40 for the original abortion one I had to send back to them(see previous post) sold that brand new in the plastic abortion for $275 the next day. Never buy leupold again. Don't trust em one bit.....

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
A 4.75x like Weaver did some years ago.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A mid range variable that could handle the recoil of my 340 Wby and has 4" eye relief. Or just a scope that doesn't break!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
4x with FX-3 quality glass ( or even "best quality" glass available) , 1 inch tube, click adjustments w/e. Near 4" eye relief. Not too concerned if 32, or 36 mm objective.

8x56 AO, 30 mm tube, FX-3 or better quality glass, click w/e adjustments

3x or 4x fixed power, 30 mm straight tube ( and long enough for long actions), Premium glass, click w/e adjustments.

I'll gladly take one of each to do testing, and report back to you folks with results.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A scope that will move the point of impact 3/4" left at 200 with 6 clicks left rather than 3".

Dave

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by renegade50
What are some scopes you wished leupold made? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ones that track like advertised, ones that don't require shims as a band aid solution, ones that wont drift 1.5 inches high and 1 inch left after you "zeroed" it, ones that will pair 2 shots after you optically center out the scope, Ones that don't move diagonally 15" to the 4 O clock off target when you give em 2 1/4" clicks right at 100 yds. Ones that can shoot a square and not a grossly out of spec trapiziod descending to the lower right.

Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by sbhooper

But their warranty is soooooooo great, they sent me a brand new vx3i 3.5-10x40 for the original abortion one I had to send back to them(see previous post) sold that brand new in the plastic abortion for $275 the next day. Never buy leupold again. Don't trust em one bit.....

I tried to stay out of this one. But couldn't resist saying I'm in this guys camp!!!!!!! WTF Could loopy have that many fanboys having wet dreams about wanting a bunch of scammers, make something someone else already makes the right way????? Unfreakin believable!!!!

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 12/06/17.

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
6x42 with M1 turrets in MILs, in both 1" and 30mm options. And have it perform as advertised.

Last edited by mtcurman; 12/06/17.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I suggest one of you grow some gonads and send this information to Leupold instead of acting like school girls.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because all who work for Leupold just make scopes and don't hunt or shoot and have no clue about the internet and reading hunting forums and following social media.

Dave

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RDW
A scope that will move the point of impact 3/4" left at 200 with 6 clicks left rather than 3".

This

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
vx3i should be available in 2-10 not 3.5-10.
thats one thing that bugs me

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
FXR3 5x42 Firedot 4

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,103 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.