Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
The chassis love had me forgetting all about the T3 CTR until I ran across a friend with the following combo:

T3x CTR

Manners EH-TA

Bushnell LRHS

Thats a pretty good hammer of a gun for right about $2000. And of course. Even with the outdate 308 smile

Anyone else still slumming a stupid accurate CTR?

Last edited by OutdoorAg; 12/06/17.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My wife’s .260 CTR gets carried around quite a bit..... daughter hammered a doe antelope with it last week, and she’ll have it up hunting elk all weekend. Bout 2000 rounds on it now.... and still accurate as hell.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Nice work the with the CTR! Still using the CTR bottom metal and mags? Looks like a lot of guys convert to CTI or use the new Tikka Performance BM that allows use of AICS without altering the OEM footprint.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Never had a reason to change a thing.

Pulled the rail in favor of low 16bored Talleys, and run a 3-9 Leupold on it.

My wife has shot it at the SRM (though with a 10x SS on it) and packed at 10k+ chasing elk multiple times. The oldest two kids have both shot multiple big game animals with it, and I bet close to 100 people have made 500 yards hits with it. It’s the best $650 I’ve ever spent on a rifle to be quite sure.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I dropped a 6.5 CM 20" CTR in a Manner's T6A and topped it with a NF 3.5-15 NXS. Tried 139 scenars first with some H4350 and was ringing steel out to a 1,000 yds in no time. It's the setup I like to let new shooters get behind for some fun.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Are all the stock options heavier than the original? Any way to get one slightly lighter?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dogshooter, two observations observed immediately. You have a great looking family, and you out kicked your coverage by a freaking mile. My son has the same rifle (CTR 260 ) that is also stupid accurate. We are migrating to SWFA's and/or LRHS scopes. You, Formid, GregW, and ctsmith finally wore me down...........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a 20" CTR in 6.5 Creed. It's a hammer. Shot all the Hornady stuff into little bitty clusters. I started playing with the Berger 130 VLD. Loaded several at different seating depths thinking there'd be a big difference in group size. There wasn't -- they were all 3 shot 1/2 clusters at 100. Its the least fussy rifle I've played with in a while!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Tikka..........I think alot guys snubbed their noses at them 20 yrs ago........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I know that I was one of those people, at least initially. Though I've never owned one, I have long since change my opinion of Tikka rifles. Looking forward to trying one of them out one of these days.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

That's about how long I've had my Tikka 695 Whitetail

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Dogshooter, two observations observed immediately. You have a great looking family, and you out kicked your coverage by a freaking mile. My son has the same rifle (CTR 260 ) that is also stupid accurate. We are migrating to SWFA's and/or LRHS scopes. You, Formid, GregW, and ctsmith finally wore me down...........

Hah! So you've joined the Dark Side. Got a little taste of SS 3-9x and now you're hooked. Can't say I'm surprised, nor can I say that it's the first time I've seen it happen. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Hah! So you've joined the Dark Side. Got a little taste of SS 3-9x and now you're hooked. Can't say I'm surprised, nor can I say that it's the first time I've seen it happen. grin

I'm pretty well convinced about trying a Tikka, but not sure about going the SS 'turrets' route-but we shall see...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
All this convinced me to buy a Tikka and the accuracy has been, well, ho-hum. Not sure why but it isn't the magic gun it is hyped up to be.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
All this convinced me to buy a Tikka and the accuracy has been, well, ho-hum. Not sure why but it isn't the magic gun it is hyped up to be.

Interesting....

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy

I know that I was one of those people, at least initially. Though I've never owned one, I have long since change my opinion of Tikka rifles. Looking forward to trying one of them out one of these days.

I was one of "those guys" too but the LH T 3 6.5x55 I got my wife has been the most accurate gun we have in the house, has the best trigger and has a slick action. It costs a lot less than a couple of my custom guns too while out shooting them. I am about 99% sure a LH T 3x in 300 WSM is in my future sometime this year...............

Would love to get a LH CTR 260 too but we will see,my Savage 260 shoots pretty good too.

Gerry.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I forgot about putting you on the list of perpetrators.........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I forgot about putting you on the list of perpetrators.........

You can leave me out of this. grin Just glad that there's one more guy out there putting pressure on scope manufacturers to make scopes that work properly. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like mine. Dropped it in a XLR chassis and have taken it to 1400+....2nd round hit at that distance....my wind call was a 1/2 MOA off or so on the 16" gong. smile

Its killed a pile of critters in my first year of owning it, from myself taking 3 deer and caribou (120 to 495 yards), to a grizzly bear my buddy shot much further any of my kills with it, to my buddy's 8 year old bagging his first big game animal with one perfectly placed shot at 330 yards:

[Linked Image]

Seems to shoot both handload and factory load 143 ELDX 5 shots into 1/2 MOA at 100 yards everytime. Overall very happy with the rifle.....and now I am using the factory CTR stock and bottom metal for my dad's 308 so I can have a 10 round mag that allows me to load with plenty of mag space.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

That's about how long I've had my Tikka 695 Whitetail

the 595/695 series I think were more solid......metal magazines........etc......

although nearly a pound heavier......the two 595's I had were imported by 'Stoeger in NJ'

Now Beretta imports 'em as the Third Generation series....as we know.....

great shootin' right outta the box......the 6.5x55 has always been my fav caliber.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.