Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I need to know the value of each, then I`m good to go. Once I knew that .1 mil = .36 inches, no more quesswork. My MOA/Mil dot scopes are just as easy (SS10x42 MIL dot x MOA glass for instance. BUT, these scopes need to be used, frequently, to keep the mind in the game....at least my mind.
I have gone to a brainless solution, in that I make my own drop tapes to place on my turrets. Figure the balistics, shoot to conferm, then the tape in 50 yrd increments goes on the dial. Range, dial and shoot. Should I go to a different bullet, velocity etc. I make a new tape, keep the old one in the bullet box for a change back. For you computer guys, all you need is the dia. of the dial..break that down into moa or mils. My son prints these off for me so I got lotsa spairs. But I shoot almost every day, retired, 5-6 different rifles with these scopes on em..I also have several different places to shoot at distance. I`m lucky.

BP-B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
I need to know the value of each, then I`m good to go. Once I knew that .1 mil = .36 inches, no more quesswork. My MOA/Mil dot scopes are just as easy (SS10x42 MIL dot x MOA glass for instance. BUT, these scopes need to be used, frequently, to keep the mind in the game....at least my mind.
I have gone to a brainless solution, in that I make my own drop tapes to place on my turrets. Figure the balistics, shoot to conferm, then the tape in 50 yrd increments goes on the dial. Range, dial and shoot. Should I go to a different bullet, velocity etc. I make a new tape, keep the old one in the bullet box for a change back. For you computer guys, all you need is the dia. of the dial..break that down into moa or mils. My son prints these off for me so I got lotsa spairs. But I shoot almost every day, retired, 5-6 different rifles with these scopes on em..I also have several different places to shoot at distance. I`m lucky.

As a mathematician this statement is killing me. grin

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Does a critter hit with MIL adjustments die quicker than one hit with MOA adjustments? Thanks

Troublemaker.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I`m not,...so Why?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's only one range at which 0.1 Mil = 0.36"

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Um, my quess would be 100 yrds? Then .72 at 200, 1.08 at 300 etc

Or .25 at 100, .50 at 200, .75 at 300 etc. Like I`ve already admitted, I`m no Mathman....so are these correct?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I`m not,...so Why?

A milliradian is an angle, an inch is a length.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
balistics, conferm,, spairs..

As a mathematician this statement is killing me. grin

and as a spelling nazi, this is killing me.......grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks Mathman. But for me .36 inches works.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Um, my quess would be 100 yrds? Then .72 at 200, 1.08 at 300 etc

Or .25 at 100, .50 at 200, .75 at 300 etc. Like I`ve already admitted, I`m no Mathman....so are these correct?

It's all good. Whatever it takes to get a feel for it. But that way of thinking gets weaker further out where a Mil is a Mil is a Mil and there's zero need for inches. I have had to think in 0.36" when using targets with inch grids where I could not see bullet holes in the scope, lacking a Mil spotter. wink

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

A whole(hole) smile thread on how to site in a rifle. It’s glorious this place is full of [bleep] morons. Next week some one will do a shoe tying step by step and you poor retarded [bleep] can stop tripping on your laces or depending on your mommas.

Formillous you keep showing these guys all your tricks they will be setting in that black hawk with you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, Freddie!
Four complete sentences - congrats, tiger.

You calling-out anyone out for being challenged is NEVER not funny.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
GregW gave me this tip, and I think it's a good one, at least for me it is. On the drop chart thing, I have a column for Wind correction in Mils, and one right beside it I have a column for wind drift in inches. Since I'm familiar with how big a deer is, or aoudad, antelope, etc, it gives me a good mental image of what the wind is supposedly doing at given ranges. It simplifies things for my feeble (and newbie to this Mils stuff) mind. Obviously I hold for wind with the Mil hashes (SWFA 3-9) but I like knowing the inches in drift as well. Call me weird.

Good stuff Formid. Thanks for taking the time. Jordan as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SKane
Wow, Freddie!

Thanks. Kinda figured you would be at the range doing some site in now that you got the skinny on how to. LOL. Kill any elk this year Scotty. Seem Donny got a creedmoor cherry while back.
This is not as good as the how to open a box of nosler bullets but it’s gotta be close.

Last edited by fredIII; 12/09/17.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wow, Freddie!

Laughing....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wow, Freddie!

Isn't that the truth.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
GregW gave me this tip, and I think it's a good one, at least for me it is. On the drop chart thing, I have a column for Wind correction in Mils, and one right beside it I have a column for wind drift in inches. Since I'm familiar with how big a deer is, or aoudad, antelope, etc, it gives me a good mental image of what the wind is supposedly doing at given ranges. It simplifies things for my feeble (and newbie to this Mils stuff) mind. Obviously I hold for wind with the Mil hashes (SWFA 3-9) but I like knowing the inches in drift as well. Call me weird.

Good stuff Formid. Thanks for taking the time. Jordan as well.

It's not a bad thing to know the linear equivalent to angular dispersion at a given range, given that our targets are linear by nature, and not angular, but when it comes to making shot corrections the point is to get away from feeling the need to convert angular numbers into linear ones, and then convert them back to angular again to dial them into the turrets.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Your dumb azz gave up and went with Velcro long ago. LMMFAO.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You can site in a rifle on this sight.....

--- Kid Rock 2022

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hell maybe after the shoe tying how to. We can get steelhead to do a how to get laid at family reunions even with abnormally spaced eyes. 😂

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
378 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.