Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
franchi updated the affinity design and now offer it in a 3.5 shell version.

Im contemplating buying a new 12 gauge to set up for turkey hunting and my dealer has the older intensity's on the shelf.

Does a person get the new affinity 3.5 knowing it may have better factory support over the short lived intensity.

Anyone know the difference?

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't care a thing for 3.5. I have an Affinity and don't worry about parts. Very little to go wrong actually.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by humdinger
franchi updated the affinity design and now offer it in a 3.5 shell version.

Im contemplating buying a new 12 gauge to set up for turkey hunting and my dealer has the older intensity's on the shelf.

Does a person get the new affinity 3.5 knowing it may have better factory support over the short lived intensity.

Anyone know the difference?

You are going to deal with Beretta one way or the other , I would rather have the 3"

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just bought an Afinnity today at the local gun store, the salesman said Franchi felt the Intensity name was not as well known as the Afinnity so did some slight mods to the Afinnity and discontinued the Intensity. Mods were 3.5 magazine, larger charging handle and widdled the lower receiver down on the bottom to make loading easier.
This salesman has the Intensity and uses it as his waterfowl gun no problems at all.

Last edited by byd; 12/07/17.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I think internally the Intensity and Affinity 3.5 are identical, they did change the bolt handle to a bigger guady looking tactical type and made the loading port a little bigger along with a big plunger looking bolt release. I like the Intensity better Myself, its a cleaner looking hunting shotgun IMO.......Good luck.....Hb

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A couple guys in our club use the affinity 3.5 they are solid shotguns. As far as the enlarged loading lever being gaudy, well wait til you're hunting innsub zero temps and trying to hunt with gloves on

The very first thing I did with my sbe2 was add a larger lever and a larger charging button

You've got a great gun

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah, I dont duck hunt nor will i be hunting any game if the temps are in the subzero range, If its subzero my ass will be at the house!, someone like you would know more about the reason behind the new bigger tactical controls on the new Affinitys than I do, my shotguns are used for Spring turkey and early Fall squirrel hunters so i like the old sleeker controls much better, in fact im thinking about buying an old model 3" Affinity while i still can as these are most excellent shotguns........Hb

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a slightly older affinity 12 ga 3 inch that I really like and my interest is getting a 20.

Its tempting to get a newer 12 ga 3.5 because they are drilled and tapped so it could become a universal duck / goose / turkey (with optic) gun.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah that drilled and tapped reciever is a good feature, i have never mounted optics on a shotgun but i know many do......Hb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a fastfire on my sbe2, all that gun gets Used for is waterfowl and the occasional clay shooting.

Last year I saw an affinity get used to break ice in a swamp along with my sbe2, plunged down in t o the mud and muck and never missed a beat

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I like the Franchi Inertia system better than the Benelli Myself, I like the simplicity of the forend system over the recoil spring in the buttstock system......Hb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The main reason I advocate for buying a 3.5 inch gunis that with the amount of guys shooting 3.5 inch shells, you k ow if something happen, you forget your shells or lose them overboard(I've seen it happen) you are almost always guaranteed to be able to borrow shells

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (22kHornet, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,287
Posts18,467,895
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.