24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 99 of 775 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 774 775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smothered pork chops....again. I love ‘em. So easy, but it’s fun playin’ with the gravy. Little rosemary in this one, beef stock in that one, heavy pepper, over load of garlic, some mustard......it’s all good.

Made a quick green bean casserole to go with.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ham and beans, biscuits, cornbread. Apple pie 'shine to help me sleep. grin

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whole chicken on the BBQ grill, marinated in Mexican spices. Refried beans. corn tortillas, roasted jalapeños and a cool drink.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Smothered pork chops....again. I love ‘em. So easy, but it’s fun playin’ with the gravy. Little rosemary in this one, beef stock in that one, heavy pepper, over load of garlic, some mustard......it’s all good.

Made a quick green bean casserole to go with.

MM, any chance of getting a quick synopsis of your method on smothered pork chops? Love me some pork chops and some smothered chops sound out of this world.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Boiled sausages with potatoes, carrot and onion.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

O
O
Jackrabbit stew Tuesday night and deep fried chukar Wednesday night. Both turned out awesome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What kind of sausage are you boiling Jim?

And when you say "boiled" are you simply boiling them or are you cooking them with the vegetables.

I googled boiled sausage but all the recipes were like stews.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
32 20-

I season the chops with salt and pepper, sometimes I’ll dust them with a bit of flour.

Heat a bit of oil and butter in the fry pan, maybe a tsp or so, and add the chops. I like it pretty hot. You want to brown them on both sides, about a minute or two per.

Take your chops out and set aside. Add a couple tbsp of butter to the pan and a large sliced onion. A couple onions never hurts. I really like onions. Lol. Turn the heat down and cook the onions slowly until they are nice and soft, getting a bit carmelized. Add a couple tbsp of flour, mix in well and cook a few minutes. Add chicken or beef stock to pan and whisk while it comes up to a simmer. You can add more stock to thin, reduce, or even a bit of starch slurry to thicken. Put the chops back in to finish cooking them.

When you add the stock, you can also add whatever ya like. A bit of good mustard is delicious, some 1/2 &1/2 or herbs, maybe throw in a bunch of garlic with the onions if you like garlic. Just taste as you go and season to your liking.

Basically just pan fried pork chops with a pan gravy. It’s great with potatoes or rice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Curious about 5he boiled sausages as well?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I take two or three pounds of polish sausages and boil them with the carrots, potatoes and onions.

Little salt and pepper and some cabbage if you have it. We had no cabbages tonight!

I dont cut up the sausages because you serve them whole.

You just scoop out what you want with a slotted spoon, leaving the liquid. I just mash the spuds on my plate, and pile up the carrots and onions. Eat the onion with the sausage and some Polish mustard.

I usually use those horse shoe looking sausages. They are cheap at times and the kids like them.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had an aunt, Emma, who often said "all good receipes start with an onion".

She was pretty much right. wink

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
An onion, and a pinch of salt. Agree with your aunt Emma

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I remember my grandmother would peel and onion and eat it like an apple.

She loved onions!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"washed down with some cold apple pie 'shine to help me sleep."

Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Apple pie 'shine to help me sleep. grin

There's a pattern developing here!:)

Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol. Pop didn’t fall far from the tree, and I suppose I’m in the orchard as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akjeff

Jeff

Bought 2 quarts of coffee 'shine last week for the morning eye opener.
grin grin grin

Good stuff and beats the heck outa MH. wink

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
32 20-

I season the chops with salt and pepper, sometimes I’ll dust them with a bit of flour.

Heat a bit of oil and butter in the fry pan, maybe a tsp or so, and add the chops. I like it pretty hot. You want to brown them on both sides, about a minute or two per.

Take your chops out and set aside. Add a couple tbsp of butter to the pan and a large sliced onion. A couple onions never hurts. I really like onions. Lol. Turn the heat down and cook the onions slowly until they are nice and soft, getting a bit carmelized. Add a couple tbsp of flour, mix in well and cook a few minutes. Add chicken or beef stock to pan and whisk while it comes up to a simmer. You can add more stock to thin, reduce, or even a bit of starch slurry to thicken. Put the chops back in to finish cooking them.

When you add the stock, you can also add whatever ya like. A bit of good mustard is delicious, some 1/2 &1/2 or herbs, maybe throw in a bunch of garlic with the onions if you like garlic. Just taste as you go and season to your liking.

Basically just pan fried pork chops with a pan gravy. It’s great with potatoes or rice.

Outstanding! Thanks MM! Going to give it a try this weekend with a healthy inclusion of onions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I take two or three pounds of polish sausages and boil them with the carrots, potatoes and onions.

Little salt and pepper and some cabbage if you have it. We had no cabbages tonight!

I dont cut up the sausages because you serve them whole.

You just scoop out what you want with a slotted spoon, leaving the liquid. I just mash the spuds on my plate, and pile up the carrots and onions. Eat the onion with the sausage and some Polish mustard.

I usually use those horse shoe looking sausages. They are cheap at times and the kids like them.

Thanks Jim......The recipes that I found are similar that.

I'll have to try that one of these days......I loves me some sausages.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akjeff

Jeff

Bought 2 quarts of coffee 'shine last week for the morning eye opener.
grin grin grin

Good stuff and beats the heck outa MH. wink

Sounds like a great way to start the day to me! I always enjoy sipping a little 'shine when I visit my sis and BIL in WV.

Jeff

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Curious about 5he boiled sausages as well?

I do 'em different to Jim.

When we do them, I start with olive & butter & sauté the pile of onions (sometimes I add a couple of tablespoons of whole grain mustard at this point), with S&P, until soft & just starting to colour, at this point add in your sausages/Brats & turn up heat, add 3/4 can (tall boy) of beer of your choice. Boil until almost no liquid left, turn sausages, add extra beer & reduce again.

Cut fresh baguette to sausage lengths, insert sliced Havarti cheese, onions, sausage, more onions, spoon on Dijon mustard & eat !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 99 of 775 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 774 775

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.