Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Rugerfan4374
Yes, I did mean the cross slots. I will put them back on and give it another whirl sometime this week hopefully. They have been ground out quite a bit.

Thanks.

Back edges, front edges, both?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a number of Weaver bases that have the cross slots ground out, I even have some with alternate cross slots filed into them. There are a few sets of rings out there that screw/bolt that locks the rings to the bases is to large to fit the existing slot. Some times I have to move the slot to a different position to mount a scope, instead of going through the expense of an extension ring I just file a new slot. On a recent Howa Mini the Weaver cross slot(Rem 700 rear base) was out over the ejection port in front of the mounting screws , I loped off the offending part and cut a new slot between the mounting screws.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Rugerfan4374
Yes, I did mean the cross slots. I will put them back on and give it another whirl sometime this week hopefully. They have been ground out quite a bit.

Thanks.

Back edges, front edges, both?

Both, it almost doubled the size, of the original slot. They are not really square either. The screws on the set of rings that is on it, does not need the slots to be that wide. I have a new set of bases coming, and a set of extension rings coming , so that I can mount the Leupold on it.

Last edited by Rugerfan4374; 12/07/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too dogs I am not sure you can say for certain (based on the limited info we’ve read here) that your issue is the scope. Also can’t say it isn’t. However what I am seeing in your photos is an example I have witnessed before in rifles that had issues with bedding or barrel channel contact or even both. I would put a scope with known dependability on it and shoot it again to verify before wasting any more time. Again this advice is based on the limited info we have on our end. Good luck and please keep us posted with the results.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim,
I had a 2-7x32 Nikon on this rifle prior to the Crossfire II. It's not the gun.

I bought the crossfire because I wanted increased magnification, and AO. Price was right 'cause I'm forever cheap (and that bit me in the butt yet again).

The crossfire is on its way back to Vortex. The rifle now wears a Burris FFII 4.5-14 w/AO. I will be shooting the rifle this weekend with the same load shown in the right photo shown above (four shot group).

Thank you for the suggestion Jim,

Pat

GOA
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (02bfishn, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,460
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.