Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12464196 12/13/17
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
So how does the Conquesst scope line stand up for dusk / dawn performance?

Last edited by Otter6; 12/13/17.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The several I have allow me to hunt as late as law allows and still see very well. I could hunt a good bit later without any trouble.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would say very well. Possibly slightly better than a comparable Leupold. The duplex in the old 3-9X40 Conquest is a better low light reticle than a standard Leupold duplex which may be part of that reason.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by magshooter1
The several I have allow me to hunt as late as law allows and still see very well. I could hunt a good bit later without any trouble.

It has a nice etched reticle, probably one of the nicest designs out there. I wish I could find a #4 though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

It has a nice etched reticle, probably one of the nicest designs out there. I wish I could find a #4 though.

I'm looking for a No. 4 as well.

To the OP, see magshooter's post.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

IC B2

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Sounds good to me. I've been a Leupold man since the late 70s. Every time I get around one of the Conquest scopes,I think I need one. Might just be time to scratch that itch.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have a 4.5-14x50 with a #4. It's good 30 min before/after sunrise/sunset and the reticle is visible past where you can see with the scope. Ive had it on the rifle since 2011 and it holds a zero. It has a turret and I've shot it out to 900 yards and its tracked ok, but I don't trust it. I use it as a set and forget, as I really cant shoot over 300 yards anywhere I currently hunt.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by StudDuck

Have two of the 3-9's with the No. 4. They are outstanding late in the day.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StudDuck

Have two of the 3-9's with the No. 4. They are outstanding late in the day.

You don't have to rub it in, lol.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Conquest is very good in low light. So is the VX-3i. Both will get you to +/- 30 minutes of sunrise/set.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm a Leupold guy, slowing going over to Nightforce. I have a couple Zeiss Conquests (3-9 and 3.5-10) and the Zeiss are brighter IMO!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you can't get your hands on the older conquests, look for a meopta. I've got both conquests and meoptas / and cabelas labeled scope. All work well in last few minutes of hunting light.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
if you can't get your hands on the older conquests, look for a meopta. I've got both conquests and meoptas / and cabelas labeled scope. All work well in last few minutes of hunting light.

Meopta made the Conquests for Zeiss. Basically the Zeiss Conquest was a re-wrapped Meopta MeoPro

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Hey Doug. I was looking over the Meoptas on your site. Are you available to talk over the weekend? I have some questions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
without spending over 1k your not going to do any better in low light. that is if you are comparing equal specs. its going to be a noticeable improvement over say a leupold vx3

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I'm actually looking toward the Meostar. I need to call Doug regarding configurations though. Man there are a bunch of variations.

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
without spending over 1k your not going to do any better in low light. that is if you are comparing equal specs. its going to be a noticeable improvement over say a leupold vx3

The more the better. These old peepers need all the help they can get.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Otter6
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

The more the better. These old peepers need all the help they can get.

I can assure u u wont be dissapointed in a meostar

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the world of "equal to a Zeiss Conquest" is of course the Meopta MeoPro, as in reality that is what a Zeiss Conquest was, a re-wrapped MeoPro as Meopta made the Conquest for Zeiss.
These days you can also look at the GPO Passion 3x. GPO is a company started by the ex-president of Zeiss and the Passion 3x was designed as similar to a Conquest as possible.

Last edited by gr8fuldoug; 12/16/17.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Meopta - optika, s.r.o. headquarters located in Prerov, Czech Republic. This advanced state of the art facility houses R&D, Engineering, Coating Design, Manufacturing, Assembly and Administrative offices. Meopta

(from the Meopta website)

My Conquests say "Made in Germany, assembled in Germany"

Nothing about the Czech Republic.

Later ones say "Made in Germany, assembled in USA"

Current ones, I have heard are made in Germany assembled in Japan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 7 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.