24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Non-res antelope increasing ~17% for 2018. Hope Montana stays level.

The below license fee changes will go into effect, January 1, 2018.

**If the license is not listed below, the license fee will not change in 2018.**
CATEGORY LICENSE DESCRIPTION CURRENT LICENSE FEE CURRENT LICENSE PRICE WITH COMMISSION ADJUSTED LICENSE FEE ADJUSTED LICENSE PRICE WITH COMMISSION
Antelope Resident Antelope $31.00 $33.00 $35.00 $37.00
Antelope Nonres Antelope $270.00 $272.00 $324.00 $326.00
Antelope Nonres Special Antelope $510.00 $512.00 $612.00 $614.00

GOA
BP-B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for passing along

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I lived in Wyoming for 19 years and hunted there for many years afterward. Their fish and game department stinks to say the least. Out and out rip off run by leftist scum. The preference point system is another rip off. Screwm.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just like CO, try and kill the Golden Goose rather than gather the eggs.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All licenses will increase in 2018. NR bison is ridiculous. I'm out of that draw now.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not surprised. The areas we hunt have gone form leftovers to no leftovers so apparently they have not found the market-clearing price for NR doe tags yet.

If the NR doe tags go up 17% that will mean an extra $7 or so. I'll still get two if I can.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
The Wyoming fee increase isn't a deal killer. I understand that drawing a nr buck antelope tag in WY is more likely than the same for Montana.

I like the Montana BMA system, heck, the Montana F&G website is pretty easy to use. I'm still trying to digest Wyoming public hunting and WIA. Seems simple enough, but.

GOA
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
300,I have hunted a lot of states, Wy. has the best G & F I have ever dealt with.. Not always perfect, but they do their best.. Glad to see you don't like it and won't be back...

Molon Labe
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I love hunting Wyoming and while I think that a random draw system like Idaho would be more “fair” (I hate that word) I like the fact that the PPs allow me to plan with a greater degree of certainty than I have in other states.

I’ll gladly pay the increased fees and have had nothing but good interactions w/ Game & Fish. As was pointed out, when I started hunting there in ‘10 there were units with leftovers that now require points, so demand is up they can afford this.

Can’t wait to be back there in God’s country hunting with my Uncle & Nephew this October!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good for them. I'll still hunt there.

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I believe that is the first increase in close to ten years, who doesn't want a raise within 10 years? The wyoming outfitter publication does a great job showing the appreciation of non residents and the amount of money spent in communities. The only thing I didn't like, Wyoming implementation of increase goes public after the point deadline. I only hunt a few specific unit areas, but the warden has been nothing but awesome, always available by cell phone and extremely helpful

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What's sad is even with this extra revenue the overall Game and Fish budget got cut.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wyoming g&F went from awesome to poor over the Obama years letting the wolf and the grizzly wear out the elk from Yellowstone to Labarge. Then never reduced the number of tags they sold or admitted they were using the elk as the main course in a preditor feeding program. They went from being helpful biologist to chickens [bleep] game wardens that dont want us shooting elk. Feel free to disagree but New Mexico is like Wyoming was when I first moved there in 1980.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by nick54
I believe that is the first increase in close to ten years, who doesn't want a raise within 10 years? The wyoming outfitter publication does a great job showing the appreciation of non residents and the amount of money spent in communities. The only thing I didn't like, Wyoming implementation of increase goes public after the point deadline. I only hunt a few specific unit areas, but the warden has been nothing but awesome, always available by cell phone and extremely helpful

You bet the outfitters are loving it. With the state increasing by far the acreage you can only access with horses and closing roads they think it is great. Your now paying more for much less.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Wyoming g&F went from awesome to poor over the Obama years letting the wolf and the grizzly wear out the elk from Yellowstone to Labarge. Then never reduced the number of tags they sold or admitted they were using the elk as the main course in a preditor feeding program. They went from being helpful biologist to chickens [bleep] game wardens that dont want us shooting elk. Feel free to disagree but New Mexico is like Wyoming was when I first moved there in 1980.

You're so off in left field you're not even in the ballpark.

For starters, the WYGF does not have statutory authority to raise license fees. The last increase, like all increases was the result of the State Legislature. They cut all general funds from the GF budget and "made up for the cuts" via the license fee increases that are going into effect in 2018. The net result, is a net loss to the GF budget of about 1 million.

As to the wolf and grizzly, again the GF has/had no statutory authority to manage either until they were off the list.

If you want to blame anyone for the delayed wolf delisting in Wyoming, chat with the Republican dominated AG community who had undue influence on the Wyoming wolf plan regarding the trophy game/predator zones. That is what delayed delisting and gave the pro-wolf crowd the reason to litigate and drag out delisting. I give credit and blame where its due.

For a state that doesn't want hunters killing elk, WY has set harvest records just in the last few years.

They hate killing elk so much, they only allow me to kill 3 every year...

But carry on with your crusade of lies.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by nick54

You bet the outfitters are loving it. With the state increasing by far the acreage you can only access with horses and closing roads they think it is great. Your now paying more for much less.

Another lie...the WYGF has NO authority to close access or limit access. Those are actions taken by the various land management agencies, BLM, USFS, USFWS, or office of state lands. All require public comment periods and allow the general public to provide input.

I've been involved in public access issues for a long time...and in my experience, those doing the crying about having to walk, never provide a comment.

In this case, just the general lack of knowledge, there is no doubt that the whiner in this thread has never done anything but whine...oh so typical.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
What do the four different amounts behind each category mean?

Thanks

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by starsky
Good for them. I'll still hunt there.

Yep me too. I suspect Montana will follow suit since the tags are selling out, Idaho as well....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deputy30
What do the four different amounts behind each category mean?

Thanks

Current fee, current fee + $2 commission fee, total, 2018 fee, 2018 fee +$2 commission fee, total.

I've spent time getting to know the Wyoming website. I like it, very helpful. I bought a couple antelope super tag chances. If nothing else I've helped support the funding the super tag fees go towards.

IMO the fee increases are pretty minor as compared for me as a non-resident getting the opportunity to hunt antelope. Gallon of gas price moves enough that a guy could pay much more for the 2000 mile round trip.

GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll be hunting there, and thankful to get a few tags!!!

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 82 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.