R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Synoptic
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Steelhead
So God can be killed, cool.

Only when he becomes a man for the purpose of dying. Ain't that neat?

You have much faith, more so than many.

Naw,just the same measure dealt to every man born again.
Romans 12:3King James Version (KJV)

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Tom264
Ok then, let’s get scientific here a sec.
where does the blood cell come from? Male or female?
If it comes from the male (which it does) then that means Jesus had absolutely zero Jewish blood in Him.
Does it not?
Babies do not in any way get there heritage blood from their mother, father only, the mother supplies the egg only.
Father supplies the heritage blood.

dna comes from each parent.
mitochondrial dna comes from the Mom.

when you speak of bloodline is not really about "blood" it is about dna and inherited human characteristics.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rphguy
Ok then, let’s get scientific here a sec.
where does the blood cell come from? Male or female?
If it comes from the male (which it does) then that means Jesus had absolutely zero Jewish blood in Him.
Does it not?
Babies do not in any way get there heritage blood from their mother, father only, the mother supplies the egg only.
Father supplies the heritage blood.

dna comes from each parent.
mitochondrial dna comes from the Mom.

when you speak of bloodline is not really about "blood" it is about dna and inherited human characteristics.
That's pretty much what I was saying earlier. DNA was discovered in the 50's when Watson and Crick put together their famous helical DNA model. For millenia before that, it was thought that the blood carried genetic lines. The Bible says that life is in the blood and that was thought to mean inheritance, not just the breathed oxygen so necessary to animal life.
It would be very interesting to know what Jesus' DNA was like. There are some who believe that the Holy Spirit implanted a complete fertilized egg in Mary so his DNA wasn't 'contaminated' by human DNA. However, the Bible refers to her continually as his mother and that makes him human, not a completely spiritual being. He also constantly called himself the son of man, descended from humans and with human DNA.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RH . . . The second coming of Jesus (the judgment) is prophesied in the Old Testament Scripture. If Jesus has not yet fulfilled that second coming, then the entire law of Moses is still in effect. If not, why not?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
RH . . . The second coming of Jesus (the judgment) is prophesied in the Old Testament Scripture. If Jesus has not yet fulfilled that second coming, then the entire law of Moses is still in effect. If not, why not?

Why do you think the law of Moses is tied to the second coming and still in effect?

Hebrews 8 pretty much outlines the removal of the old covenant and establishing of the new,Jesus serving as the new high priest. Hebrews 10 also speaks of Jesus as the high priest. Verse 9 of Heb.10 speaks of taking away the first covenant to establish the second.

There are many things you need to understand about the old covenant and if you understood those things you would know that it has to be done away with. Under that covenant you could not have received the Holy Spirit. It's all outlined in the book of Hebrews.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why do you think the law of Moses is tied to the second coming and still in effect?

Hebrews 8 pretty much outlines the removal of the old covenant and establishing of the new,Jesus serving as the new high priest. Hebrews 10 also speaks of Jesus as the high priest. Verse 9 of Heb.10 speaks of taking away the first covenant to establish the second.

There are many things you need to understand about the old covenant and if you understood those things you would know that it has to be done away with. Under that covenant you could not have received the Holy Spirit. It's all outlined in the book of Hebrews.

My point is this . . . The second coming of Christ in judgment is prophesied in the Old Testament. Many today believe the second coming of Christ (in judgment) is still future. If that is the case, then the entire Old Testament prophecy is not yet fulfilled, and thus not one jot or one tittle has passed from the Mosaic Law, and the so-called Jews in modern day Israel are justified in attempting to keep the Law.

But, we know from Mt 5:17 that Jesus came to fulfill the Law, and replace it with his Gospel, the Law of Christ. But before the Old Law could be done away with, it had to be totally fulfilled, including the second coming of Christ in judgment, which he did in AD 70 when he returned in judgment on Israel and Jerusalem, and totally obliterated the physical vestures of the Mosaic economy (ie. the Temple, the genealogical documents of the tribe of Levi which set the official Mosaic priesthood, the Arc of the Covenant, the table of show bread, Aaron's budding rod, etc.)

Also, let me comment on Heb 8:13

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews was written shortly before AD70. Note the author says the old law was "ready to vanish away," which it would in its entirety at the fall of Jerusalem in AD70.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

My point is this . . . The second coming of Christ in judgment is prophesied in the Old Testament. Many today believe the second coming of Christ (in judgment) is still future. If that is the case, then the entire Old Testament prophecy is not yet fulfilled, and thus not one jot or one tittle has passed from the Mosaic Law, and the so-called Jews in modern day Israel are justified in attempting to keep the Law.

But, we know from Mt 5:17 that Jesus came to fulfill the Law, and replace it with his Gospel, the Law of Christ. But before the Old Law could be done away with, it had to be totally fulfilled, including the second coming of Christ in judgment, which he did in AD 70 when he returned in judgment on Israel and Jerusalem, and totally obliterated the physical vestures of the Mosaic economy (ie. the Temple, the genealogical documents of the tribe of Levi which set the official Mosaic priesthood, the Arc of the Covenant, the table of show bread, Aaron's budding rod, etc.)

Also, let me comment on Heb 8:13

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews was written shortly before AD70. Note the author says the old law was "ready to vanish away," which it would in its entirety at the fall of Jerusalem in AD70.

I don't take Matthew 5 to mean that all the OT prophesy has to be fulfilled,just what Jesus said that the law would not pass away until the law be fulfilled. Jesus certainly fulfilled the law. I do not think the second coming has been yet. When it is I expect to meet him in the clouds,alive or dead, and ever be with the Lord just as Thess.says.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
So what ethnicity is God?

Maybe all,since God made man in his image and likeness and from that first man,all races have developed,but Jesus is Jewish,LOL

If Jesus was Jewish then the dead rise not.

Jesus never referred to Mary as mother, He called her woman.
She was purely an incubator the Holy Ghost overshadowed her and created both egg and sperm in her womb making Him God dwelling in human flesh.
How else was He to get here on earth to fufill the prophecies from 700 years prior?
If you put Mary or Joseph’s blood into the mix than your saying He’s half God and half man....dont you see how rediculous that sounds when God sent His only begotten son to give his (Gods own) blood for our sins and salvation?
Human (man) had zero part in my redemption.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
And Jesus did away with the old laws when He died on the cross, they are not needed now.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So what ethnicity is God?

Maybe all,since God made man in his image and likeness and from that first man,all races have developed,but Jesus is Jewish,LOL

If Jesus was Jewish then the dead rise not.

Jesus never referred to Mary as mother, He called her woman.
She was purely an incubator the Holy Ghost overshadowed her and created both egg and sperm in her womb making Him God dwelling in human flesh.
How else was He to get here on earth to fufill the prophecies from 700 years prior?
If you put Mary or Joseph’s blood into the mix than your saying He’s half God and half man....dont you see how rediculous that sounds when God sent His only begotten son to give his (Gods own) blood for our sins and salvation?

You are still disputing the Bible,not just me. You keep forgetting.
Romans 1:3King James Version (KJV)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

You also have to understand that Jesus is both God and man. He often referred to himself as the Son of Man. You can find it all through the Gospels. You have to understand that man had to pay the price for man's sin,otherwise it wouldn't be valid. Man sinned ,so man had to pay. God however paid by becoming man. It was the only way man could pay.

You just want to keep holding on to your beliefs though though they aren't based on scripture at all.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 12/14/17.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Clark and Tom are correct. Once Jesus shed 1 drop of blood it covered generations of past as well as future sins. We live a life of freedom from fear and condemnation bought at the cross. He made it so simple...saved by grace through faith. One really has to try hard to mess salvation up. The old testament was given as a teacher but the new testament was given for a new life in him. powdr

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lo there do I see my father
Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers
Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning
Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever.

MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Its very interesting that One Timothy 2:5 it says that "there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus."

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Lo there do I see my father
Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers
Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning
Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever.

The Thirteenth Warrior was a pretty good movie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. . . "Jesus never referred to Mary as mother, He called her woman."

OK, here is the scriptural reference . . . Jn 19:25-27

25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

But this is beyond the pale . . . where is your scriptural evidence that backs up this claim?

"She was purely an incubator the Holy Ghost overshadowed her and created both egg and sperm in her womb making Him God dwelling in human flesh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And Jesus did away with the old laws when He died on the cross, they are not needed now.

Tom, have you ever considered that the Gospel and the Old Law ran parallel for the 40 years between the cross and AD 70? . . . Sort of a transition period until the Gospel could be preach throughout the world?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Never

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is an interesting take on the "resurrection."

2 Tim 2:15-18

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Question: If the resurrection in the New Testament refers to the simultaneous 1) coming of Christ in the clouds, 2) on the day of judgment, 3) the end of time, 4) the burning up of the sun, moon, and stars, and 5) the resurrection of all the dead of all people from the beginning of Adam and Eve, to be 6) judged by Christ, sitting on the throne of judgment, separating the good from the evil, like a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats . . . then how could the faith of some be over thrown simply by Hymenaeus and Philetus saying that "the resurrection is past already?" How could these people possibly believe "the resurrection is past already" if all of these visible and astonishing things were to happen in front of their very eyes? Is it possible that many of us today do not understand what was the Resurrection of the New Testament?

I contend the "Resurrection" mentioned in the New Testament is the resurrection of Israel form "spiritual death" and the transformation of God's people from the fleshly Israel to the " Spiritual Israel" which was fulfillment of the promise made to Abraham, and it occurred in 70 AD with the physical annihilation of the earthly vestiges of the Mosaic economy.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . "Jesus never referred to Mary as mother, He called her woman."

OK, here is the scriptural reference . . . Jn 19:25-27

25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

But this is beyond the pale . . . where is your scriptural evidence that backs up this claim?

"She was purely an incubator the Holy Ghost overshadowed her and created both egg and sperm in her womb making Him God dwelling in human flesh.

It’s called revelation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Tom, have you ever considered that the Gospel and the Old Law ran parallel for the 40 years between the cross and AD 70? . . . Sort of a transition period until the Gospel could be preach throughout the world?
during that time, Paul taught that the old covenant was gone and the new had arrived. The changeover was at the resurrection.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 39 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,364
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.