Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Amen.

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

Note, those who crucified Him will see Him return.

And remember, He gave Israel to the Jews FOREVER. It will be theirs in 100,000 years.

Will there be real Heaven on Earth?

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/13/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the Jews crucified the Messiah, they lost their land and blessing forever.

Deut 30:15-20

15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
16 In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
When the Jews crucified the Messiah, they lost their land and blessing forever.

Deut 30:15-20

15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
16 In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Romans 11King James Version (KJV)

11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
What absolute rubbish. The Jews didn't crucify Jesus. The Romans did. The Roman government worked closely with the Jewish "deep state" of those times to eliminate a threat, as they saw it, to the whole system. The great mass of Jews had nothing to do with the crucifiction.

Three hundred years later the Roman Emperor decided he could use Jesus as a symbol to win a civil war and made Christianity the state religion. Those who didn't go along were put to death. Since it would have been embarrassing to blame the Empire for Jesus's death, the Romans promulgated the story that the Jews did it. Easy to sell that narrative to ignoramuses who can't read very well.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
God said His blessing on us would remain until we turned away from Him as we have done and are seeing the
consequences of it. Their eyes are blinded and we have men using the womens room and marfying men and those pukes are in our government.

He did not give requirements or conditions when He gave them Israel forever. He didnt say they wouldnt be punished or die. He said He gave Israel to them forever. It will be theirs forever.

He also said all of Israel would be saved. They will be. He also said those who reject His son would not be saved. How is this?
Simple, He speaks physically and He speaks spiritually. There is the physical Israel and there is the spiritual Israel. Those Jews who reject Christ will not be saved, as He says, and those, Jews or Gentiles, who worship and believe on Christ are His Israel who will be saved.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/14/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
What absolute rubbish. The Jews didn't crucify Jesus. The Romans did. The Roman government worked closely with the Jewish "deep state" of those times to eliminate a threat, as they saw it, to the whole system. The great mass of Jews had nothing to do with the crucifiction.

Three hundred years later the Roman Emperor decided he could use Jesus as a symbol to win a civil war and made Christianity the state religion. Those who didn't go along were put to death. Since it would have been embarrassing to blame the Empire for Jesus's death, the Romans promulgated the story that the Jews did it. Easy to sell that narrative to ignoramuses who can't read very well.

Man did you miss that one. Yes, the Romans did the act, but Pilate wanted to release him. He found no guilt in Jesus. The Jews brought in liars to give false testimony and then incited the Jewish people against him. Pilate's job was to keep the peace and he crucified Jesus to avoid a riot. Pilate was a pawn of the Jewish leadership. That's all in the Bible written well before Constantine, most of it before the fall of Jerusalem. The Jews paid the price 40 years later when God sent in Titus to destroy Israel and disperse them throughout the empire.
Open your eyes to the truth. You're blind to the salvation that's right in front of you, free for the asking.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Its amazing how so many have had their eyes darkened to the truth and do not believe in the fact they have a spirit. It reminds me of the progressives who are blinded to the point of thinking they had to stop Trump in order to save the US.

Yep, those who reject Him are of course much smarter than you, RC or I, as are Muellers buds on the FBI.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/13/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

We await the redemption of our bodies, namely our soul at the transfiguration.

Last edited by Synoptic; 12/13/17.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What absolute rubbish. The Jews didn't crucify Jesus. The Romans did.

Acts 2:5; 36

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
What absolute rubbish. The Jews didn't crucify Jesus. The Romans did.

Don’t read the Bible much do ya?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

if the Jewish leaders had not brought false charges against Jesus, Rome would have cared nothing about Jesus.
In fact, Pilate was politically pressured to do so.
With a few blunders that he had made, he certainly didn't need another bad report.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Its complicated.

First of all, John 10:17-18......Jesus plainly said that no one could take his life, but that he would lay it down, and pick it up again. Men can't kill God. The crucifixion was part of God's plan of salvation and it came through the Jewish nation to fulfill prophecy....John 4:22. Far as I am concerned, we all had our part in driving the nails.

Secondly, you have to step back and see that the Bible is a Jewish book. Every single word of it was written by "the Jews". Jesus was a Jew. His disciples were Jews. His enemies were Jews. Jesus fulfilled both the Jewish law and the Jewish prophets. As a Christian, I feel that I have a Jewish heritage....a "grafted in branch" as Paul said. It is true that the Jewish leaders of the day, tagged by Indy as the "deep state" conspired with the Romans to kill Jesus but it is equally true that Jews spread his Gospel to the world. The first Christians were Jews. Damning all Jews as "Christ killers" don't make a whole hell of a lot of sense when you look at it objectively.

At the time of Jesus's days on earth, there was a great rift in Judaism. The Pharisees were going the route of Rabbinic or Talmudic Judaism, they were like "liberals", the Sadducees held more to the Torah, they were like "conservatives". When the Romans destroyed the temple in 70 AD, they had a problem. They got together (the sons and grandsons of the men who conspired against Jesus) a tried to figure out how they were going to hold the thing together. They went all the way with the Talmudic version which still exists to this day. Jewish believers in Jesus went the other.

When Constantine and the Romans took over Christianity, they introduced a lot of anti-Semitism into it, ignoring its Jewish roots. It goes on to this day. Like all forms of bigotry, I don't think it is particularly sophisticated. Early Gentile Christians, did not hate Jews, on the contrary, some of them in their zeal wanted to become Jews and Paul had to straighten them out....see the book of Galatians.

Anyway, I take Paul at his word and do not "boast against the branch". As I understand it, Messianic Judaism (Jews who accept Jesus as their Messiah) is growing rapidly, so we may be witnessing the infancy of Paul's vision in Romans 11 unfolding today.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Jesus was “identified “ as a Jew but of Jewish heritage he was not.
He was and is God!!

There is absolutely no human heritage in Him.

You might have missed this part.
Luke 1:26-38

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Matthew 21 clears this up pretty well.

"But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Tom264
He was and is God!!

Originally Posted by Tom264
He was and is God!!

Jesus may not have been related to his earthly father but he was to Mary and she was a Jew.
If he didn’t have earthly blood then he was never man. The incarnation was god becoming man.
Jesus was Jewish. He was circumcised at the appropriate time and way. He was raised in a Jewish home he Taught from the Jewish scriptures as a rabbi. So he was very Jewish.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Matthew 21:45 indeed clears it up because it tells to whom Jesus was speaking those words...

When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ok then, let’s get scientific here a sec.
where does the blood cell come from? Male or female?
If it comes from the male (which it does) then that means Jesus had absolutely zero Jewish blood in Him.
Does it not?
Babies do not in any way get there heritage blood from their mother, father only, the mother supplies the egg only.
Father supplies the heritage blood.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He was adopted by Joseph and raised as his son. Under Bibllical law, that makes him a Jew.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RJY66
Matthew 21:45 indeed clears it up because it tells to whom Jesus was speaking those words...

When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them.

The nation to whom they belong. Not just about them as individuals.

If I spoke somewhat cryptically about black folks, and there were some black folks in the audience who understood that I was speaking about them, this wouldn't mean that they understood only that I was speaking about them as individuals.

The parable speaks of giving the kingdom to another nation, i.e., a nation other than the one to which those chief priests and Pharisees belonged.

If you read your New Testament, you'd know that the other nation referred to is that made up of those who, regardless of race or ethnicity, accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, and who believe that he died for their sins and who rose again bodily from the dead, and you'd understand that the nation the kingdom was taken from was that of the Jews.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 1,947 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,726
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.