Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by BradArnett
Well I could still see the reticle on actual real live deer well past legal shooting time just the other night. I'll try it on a curtain tomorrow night though. You may be correct and the reticle might suck for looking at curtains.

Haha God Damn that's funny!!!

Well, maybe funny but also kind of sad how lately someone with a different opinion is immediately called names and making fun of just because he is not a funboy of that product.

Also seems like those not using exclusively or loving one of the scopes on the Formidilosus List are just stupid idiots.

GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by CZ_Hunter
Well I could still see the reticle on actual real live deer well past legal shooting time just the other night. I'll try it on a curtain tomorrow night though. You may be correct and the reticle might suck for looking at curtains.

Well, maybe funny but also kind of sad how lately someone with a different opinion is immediately called names and making fun of just because he is not a funboy of that product.

Also seems like those not using exclusively or loving one of the scopes on the Formidilosus List are just stupid idiots.

You would have to go back and read some of his post's .......but he pretty much brings it on himself!

BTW what's a funboy?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Your seeing the reticle just fine on a dark low light deer on HIGH power, you ain't seeing it on low though, nice try. Saying otherwise is like saying the sky isn't blue

Now your an expert on what others are seeing............?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

No, not because he has a differing opinion, but because he has such a firm opinion based on zero experience with the reticle, beyond the trade show, that is. And because he is trying pretty hard to push that opinion on a bunch of people who own and use the scope in question...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No, it's not any different than it's been on here for years....it has to do with people who have no experience with a given product telling people who do have experience with that product all about it. No more no less.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Your seeing the reticle just fine on a dark low light deer on HIGH power, you ain't seeing it on low though, nice try. Saying otherwise is like saying the sky isn't blue

Or maybe he sees it fine, and you just need new glasses...

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

You would have to go back and read some of his post's .......but he pretty much brings it on himself!

BTW what's a funboy?

funboy is an auto-correction of fanboy and perhaps Ackleyfan's twin?

... maybe you should change your handle to GrammarNaziFan smile

edit: now I even misspelled Ackleyfan ha!

Last edited by CZ_Hunter; 12/14/17.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C

No, it's not any different than it's been on here for years....it has to do with people who have no experience with a given product telling people who do have experience with that product all about it. No more no less.

He said he looked through the scope ....and did not like it

I don't care. I don't have a dog in this fight but I do appreciate all opinions.

I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure why he got that reputation and such a strong negative feedback ... its just unnecessary to make fun of somebody for his opinion IMO

Last edited by CZ_Hunter; 12/14/17.
TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problem with the Bushnell is you will not be able to see the reticle very well on low power in low light. It's a paper punching scope not a hunting scope

I would assume that has been your experience with the lrhs that you have?????......I mean you know that from using it right?

I was going to ask the same thing, Brad.

I have been using the LRHS (3-12) for 3 years and have taken some game and had it in just about any hunting environment/condition you could get in NA.
I've also gone side by side test with the NXS and SWFA. While the others are impressive and have some great features (4oz less weight being the most notable) the LRHS is the top package for me... and the reticle (FFP "circle of death") I actually prefer in any situation near or far, sunlight or past dusk.

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Spent a couple of minutes the last few evenings peering through a LRHS after dark (way after dark). Yes, like any FFP scope, at lower powers the thinner bars appear extra thin. ...the fix is simple, just increase the power. Around 7x you have a exit pupil over 6mm and the reticle is heavier....run it on up to 9 and the exit pupil is slightly less than 5 mm and the reticle even heavier, crank to 12 for heaviest reticle but the exit pupil shrinks to a little over 3.5mm. The "circle of death" is pretty sweet.

I'm liking the scope and reticle but trying hard to stick to my plan of using a single scope all season (still have almost 2 months left) for deer. This scope may cause me to backslide on that plan....think I better put it on a varmint rifle quick or it will end up pointed at deer.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I don't care. I don't have a dog in this fight but I do appreciate all opinions.

I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure why he got that reputation and such a strong negative feedback ... its just unnecessary to make fun of somebody for his opinion IMO

Lol..... you don't care don't have a dog in the fight and are new to the forum.........yet feel the need to defend someone who's been having a hissy fit for years about products he's never used. If you think looking at curtains at a trade show is grounds for a argument with men who actually own and use the scope well.........

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I appreciate all opinions too. I was the first to ask him if he had used the scope in this thread because I like to know what those opinions are based on. I've only looked at the scope on the web. It looks to have a thin reticle on low power. I won't completely disqualify it though because men here who have actually used it in the field are telling me that it works. I like to hear all opinions,but I will give them weight depending on what that opinion is based on.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Lol..... you don't care don't have a dog in the fight and are new to the forum.........yet feel the need to defend someone who's been having a hissy fit for years about products he's never used. If you think looking at curtains at a trade show is grounds for a argument with men who actually own and use the scope well.........

I don't need to defend anyone. It's just silly when a bunch of grown man (or are they?) is pounding on each other everytime they disagree with each other.

So go ahead and LOL and call names like a true internet warrior if that makes you feel better.

C'mon guys, its fawking holiday season, be nice to each other, it's not that hard!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody's pounding on anybody. We're simply pointing out that some opinions are worth more than others...

This conversation is really quite civil and respectful. Hang around the optics forum for a while, and you'll see what "making fun of" and "pounding on each other" looks like wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

This conversation is really quite civil and respectful. Hang around the optics forum for a while, and you'll see what "making fun of" and "pounding on each other" looks like wink

This is what I was thinking

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Would be calling “curtains” for this thread be a bit too ironic?

https://imgur.com/a/oAu6z

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't need to defend anyone. It's just silly when a bunch of grown man (or are they?) is pounding on each other everytime they disagree with each other.

So go ahead and LOL and call names like a true internet warrior if that makes you feel better.

C'mon guys, its fawking holiday season, be nice to each other, it's not that hard!

Read enough of cc's posts and it'll click for you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I am at a trade show and the reticle washed out against a darkish curtain I saw all I needed. Don't be stupid,to say the reticle is awesome on low power is rediculous, your blind and too loyal to your purchase and money spent, admit reality

Curtaincowboy has a nice ring to it.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I didn't say you needed to defend him the lol was because you were defending him yet mentioned how you didn't care.

Ironically you put words in my mouth and called me a internet warrior.....I didn't call anyone a name you are doing that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really don't give a ratt azz who likes what I say, The problem around here is people spend money on things and fail to admit its shortcomings. I have spent money on the wrong things that costs me 10's of thousands of $$. I am a big boy and can handle having bought the wrong things when there was something better to buy and will freely admit it.. I simply stated the reticle is going to be terrible to see in on low power and on low light. Like I said to say otherwise is denying the sky is blue. Its your choice to continue to do so. I saw all I needed when I looked at the scope in a well lit trade show and the reticle washed out against a brown curtain. I don't care what jordan smith or formadillo says. These people aren't the end all be all on everything, but rather usually parrots of group think and forum pack mentality. Its ok, I am not offended. Don't like what I say I think there is an ignore feature around here.

I had to laugh when one of these guys posted a fan boy post on how to use SWFA scopes, When all that info is widely available from other sources. You guys that want to say oh cummins you don't know crap. Are some of the same ones that were such fan boys on that post. my comment to that is you should have known all that stuff already, its pretty basic long range scope setup. Your hunting scope should be sitting on its lowest power typically most of the time. Even long range hunters shoot lots of animals at closer ranges, Trophy mule deer and elk are often pretty nocturnal, at least the large smart ones. Catching them out in mornings with very very poor light is common. Having a scope like the LRHS with no illumination to make up for it is actually a handicap. Its very very let me say very common to see animals flashing through a stand of aspens or trees in the mountains. You may only have 2 or 3 seconds to shoot. The animals I hunt don't stand around waiting for you to crank the [bleep] scope to higher power so you can actually see the reticle. What if there isn't time? what if your riding a side by said along a mountain finger and the bull of a lifetime trots in front of you at 150 yards? do you want to have to crank the scope to 7x to see the reticle? because its barely light, even if you had time how is shooting an animal that is moving or walking sound with your scope cranked to higher magnification? If you want a heavy duty scope without compromises nightforce is the only one out there that covers all the bases. The higher power model LRHS is actually the only one of the 2 models that makes some sense because the reticle is much better suited to that one. When the light is low, the reticle ruler and the fact that the subtensions are all the same, don't mean jack squat, if you can't see the reticle.

big game hunting is mostly boring for me, unless I draw a primo tag, but I do spend 15+ days in the field each year hunting high desert coyotes, in 4 western states. low light, sage brush, difficult to see animals are what I hunt. I also don't hunt or shoot 1 animal, I am hunting and killing several animals a day, maybe missing others. I am usually doing 13-15 stands a day. handling, using, shooting, looking with my gear is what I do during these times. I think it matters more what people think that actually use product in the field, not punch paper at their local gun range 3 times a year. paper punchers 3x a year is some of the people that parrot group think and forum pack mentality. its bad info. just my perspective ignore or listen. but when you attack me you have shown you have nothing to dispute my argument.

back on subject, keep the Z3

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 15 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,188
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.