Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Pm Marius at KMG he posted, I hunted with him. Before I hunted My wife had cancer and I had to wait and adjust alot due to money/ Kids in college ect. Friend that where supposed to go. Anyway He worked with me and it was a good time. my rifle scope got damaged. I shot poorly with his guns( It was in my head) Anyway I shot ten animals Fished (highly recommended)Had a great time with good memories. Pm direct to him and don't look back. You can Pm me if you want. I have not one thing to gain.

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
+1 on Wade Derby, great plains hunt he arranged for 2 of us last year.

Yesu ai zhongguo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have gone with JJHack on this thread on two prior occasions. Traveled to S. Africa once with my wife in tow and another time with another hunter friend. You will not be disappointed with the work JJHack does for you.

Rolly
T
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by garCH
+1 on Wade Derby, great plains hunt he arranged for 2 of us last year.

Wade is a straight-shooter in whom you can repose complete confidence.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Head to Namibia, They have Hartsmann's Mt. Zebra!!! Contact Benny at http://www.duiker.iway.na/ He will set up everything except your Flights.

Last edited by Slider1; 12/13/17.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
fremont,

First, I would not automatically go to Namibia over South Africa. No doubt the majority of first safaris take place in South Africa within a relatively short drive of Johannesburg, because that's where most multi-species, game-fenced hunts take place, and one reason they're such a bargain. The PH can pick you up in Joburg and take you to the ranch, which cuts some costs off the top.

But too many hunters who've been to South Africa a couple of times think that small-fenced properties are all that's there. That is far from true. There are also vast areas of free-range hunting, but (like Namibia) the number of species will often be more limited than on small fenced ranches where they "offer" a longer list of animals, many of which may be trucked in just to be shot. Essentially, there are two kinds of South African hunting, and too many hunters who've been once or twice assume there's only one. Namibia is great, but so are parts of South Africa outside of the small, fenced shooting operations.

I would trust Atchesons or JJ Hack over going to a show.

Well said MD, obviously by a man who has been there and done that a few times...

I have made multiple hunts in 3 different countries of Africa and it is very true that there are different experiences to be had in different areas.

I have found that it's a good practice to get to know someone that you can trust, and take their advice on hunting with another PH that they personally know and trust in a different country or area. This has worked well for me in the past. It's really no different than any other endeavor where you use the recommendation of a friend.

freemont, feel free to pm me if you're interested in some information based on my experience.

Anyone else is welcome to inquire as well.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.