Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
I have 6 and they have all worked great.

I've had 4 and all worked well as well. Not lightweight, but no issues for a std weight sporter.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
B&C 2950 1 lbs 11.8 oz or about 28 oz new from the box.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Patrick6610
Also on this build I’m going from a 204 size bolt face to a 308. Smith says he installs a sako extractor to change the size, is this the best or just easiest? Was thinking about fluting & skeletonizing - maybe have them change the bolt face? Thanks

For all the money you're going to spend on just the bolt work you would probably be money ahead just to buy another M700 action. M700 ADL .243 Win rifles can be had at my local WalMart for $375 + tax, sell off the barrel, stock, and scope and recoup about $100. That way you'll have the bolt face you'll already need and the proper magazine for your cartridge.

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Yep that would be nice, I couldn't get rid of the 204 so I bought a take off mountain rifle barrel in 7-08, will sell the 204 barrel & stock. $225 to head space barrel & modify bolt face. How did the screw holes line up on the stock? Thanks for posting

Last edited by Patrick6610; 12/15/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also on this build I’m going from a 204 size bolt face to a 308. Smith says he installs a sako extractor to change the size, is this the best or just easiest? Was thinking about fluting & skeletonizing - maybe have them change the bolt face? Thanks

Would highly recommend an M-16 style extractor over the Seiko style extractor. It is significantly more robust. Changing the bolt face size is not an issue especially when you’re having the bolt face Trued anyway

Last edited by 175rltw; 12/15/17.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've had a couple and for the money you can't beat them. Yes some of the others are lighter and 2-3 times the cost

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yep that would be nice, I couldn't get rid of the 204 so I bought a take off mountain rifle barrel in 7-08, will sell the 204 barrel & stock. $225 to head space barrel & modify bolt face. How did the screw holes line up on the stock? Thanks for posting

The one I installed on a .223 ADL same as Bearcat, I could get one screw to start but not the other. Didn't matter which screw started first the other would never start. I bought both my stocks from Stocky's, so it wasn't from Midway.

I gave up on trying to make it fit, took it to my gunsmith and had it back in two days. He's installed quite a few of the B&C and he said they almost all have the same problem, the inlet for the action isn't level so once you get one screw started the action is at an angle the second screw won't start or if it does the rifle will never shoot accurately. The screw holes are the right spacing, he said he's only had one that wasn't.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by taylorce1

The one I installed on a .223 ADL same as Bearcat, I could get one screw to start but not the other. Didn't matter which screw started first the other would never start. I bought both my stocks from Stocky's, so it wasn't from Midway.

I gave up on trying to make it fit, took it to my gunsmith and had it back in two days. He's installed quite a few of the B&C and he said they almost all have the same problem, the inlet for the action isn't level so once you get one screw started the action is at an angle the second screw won't start or if it does the rifle will never shoot accurately. The screw holes are the right spacing, he said he's only had one that wasn't.

I have Medalists on a Mark V, a Model 70 and one more rifle and they have dropped right in and fit perfectly.

Seems the BDL models don't have the problem the ADL does as I've not seen any bad fit issues with the BDL. I would like to restock my model 7 Predator with a B&C BDL but I just can't make myself spend the money after the last go with the ADL Ti stock.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the stock on the current stainless mtn rifle looks pretty good to me:

https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-mountain-ss

is this the same one everyone is talking about?

Remington website claims it is "a new Bell & Carlson aramid-fiber-reinforced stock"

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have 3 700 mountain rifles - one wood, one laminate, and one in this synthetic stock. The bell & carlson is noticeably fatter at the grip and forearm than the wood and laminate stocks. Thick as an earlier poster had said. Slightly uncomfortable in comparison to the others. I am 6'3" with pretty good sized mitts. I have never handled a 700 Titanium stock but from the pics, it looks more slender. If I think of it, I will take some measurements tomorrow of each.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got 3. A Remington Mountain rifle offering (7mm-8) and both my Tikka T3s wear them. I built a Model 70 in 30-06 for my son which utilized one I had lying around. He's carried it up mountains and over the hills, through the woods. Shot thousands of rounds without issue.

In my opinion, hard to beat for the money , but not nearly as refined as a Micky, Basner, etc. No where near an Edge fill McM. But a decent stock.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They are not an upgrade over the current factory tupperware stocks. Save your money for something significant or run with what you've got.

And trade the 204 rifle at a gunstore for a standard short action. Skip the gunsmith mods, even if you want to install the lighter mountain barrel that you picked up.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I've put them on my M700s and my Model Sevens. They are way better than the factory stock and has a much better feeling grip.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I've put them on my M700s and my Model Sevens. They are way better than the factory stock and has a much better feeling grip.

Have you had the benefit of using a Brown Precision, Micky Edge, or Banser High Tech?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Have you had the benefit of using a Brown Precision, Micky Edge, or Banser High Tech?

I have all three of the stocks you mentioned and like them a lot esp the Browns. The B&C gives the buyer a lower priced option for a stock swap that works very well with out a big cost. I have a couple I use on rifles where a little weight isnt a big concern.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, who has had 1? I am building a light weight 700 mountain rifle SA & thinking about picking 1 up

I've got one, on a 7-08 M700 MR. It's ok. It feels fine in the hand, but is quite flexible. I ended up milling a channel into the forearm and epoxying a carbon arrow shaft into it, and in general had to do quite a bit of fitting. FOR THE MONEY, it's adequate. Nobody is gonna mistake it for a McMillan.

Consider a B&C Alaskan instead. Heavier, but a far stiffer stock.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

No, but I have a McMillan edge ordered for my Model Seven. I hope it feels as good as my B&C stocks do.

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Jeff, I'm ok with a little flex, I didn't see the Alaskan offered in ADL so I went with the B&C 2950. Again I couldn't find anyone to let go of their take offs or consider letting them go. How long should I expect to wait to get it since its back ordered? Also some ADL questions, I'm going to pickup an aluminum trigger guard & stainless screws, but is there not a stainless box magazine for the 308 size case?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, 6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 6 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,200
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.