Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Anybody know when they are going to start producing LH rifles?

BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
When Kimber and Winchester start to

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KenMi
When Kimber and Winchester start to

Depressing... Just dialed in my RH Kimber Ascent this afternoon. MOA with Nosler Trophy Grade 130gr NAB's... Wishing it had a LH twin...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm not giving up hope but expect it won't happen until next year.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On one of the threads here there are people that are connected with Barrett and they mentioned that we can expect the LH rifles next year sometime. Time will tell............

Last edited by gerry35; 07/10/17. Reason: Clarity.

Gerry.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I recall that now, as well.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I emailed them last night. They answered today.

"At this time we are only offering the right –hand. We have no definite ETA as of yet, but it will not be in 2018.

Thanks,
Lindsey Smith"

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i'm borne and bred left-handed. don't have a single solitary left hand gun in the closet, all right hand turn bolts, semi-autos, and marlin lever guns. they all work.

no one can reasonably expect an organization (company) to not pick the low-hanging fruit on the tree. that is, if profits are rolling in, don't do anything to interrupt the flow. and in the case that rt-handed guns are selling like pancakes, why in the world to invest a single penny in left-handed stuff, and risk slowing down the rt-handed gun sales?

the answer is obvious. we believe what we want to believe mostly, but objective facts are difficult to refute. i'd love to have a left-handed kimber, but i understand it might not ever happen.

my two clearanced RAR's from wal-mart, a .243 and a .308 shoot lights out. it'll never be any cheaper for the accuracy level obtained out of the box. but, still i wouldn't mind owning a gun mfg'd in the south if the conditions ever get right.

and speaking of the south, bergara rifles are assembled pretty much just down the street from me in ne Georgia. i don't think they offer a left-handed version either, but i could be wrong on that, have never handled one. but, they do believe in the merits of timney triggers if i'm correct.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I emailed Bergera about lefty models. The guy that answered happened to be left handed he said. He told me it was in the works. He hoped sooner than later.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I figured as much. Make the product announcement, get hopes up, then backpedal.
At least Ruger brings things out unannounced sometimes, and I dont recall them not fulfilling a product announcement in a short timeframe

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
No surprise they made the backwards models first. Saves me money every time.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Why is it when I tell someone I'm going to deliver on something and then don't I'm lying, but when the gun industry does it it is good business practice? Laughing!

My favourite part is at 45 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrjBrQ_2bRU

Last edited by pathfinder76; 10/19/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Put a call in to Barrett this afternoon about the Fieldcraft in LH. Left a message with Gabby and waiting for a return call. Figure it can't hurt to keep the fire lit.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I just harassed them again via Facebook. Gotta keep the pressure up, otherwise we'll just keep hearing "Maybe next year..." from them.

As long as there's still lead in the air, there's still hope!

TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You could of had both those Rugers in left hand but you opted for a clearance sale. Don't you think you are part of the problem why we don't have many left hand options. Not trying to insult you but it is what it is.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Keep the pressure up!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by TBS
You could of had both those Rugers in left hand but you opted for a clearance sale. Don't you think you are part of the problem why we don't have many left hand options. Not trying to insult you but it is what it is.

That's kind of a ridiculous statement. Someone settling for something other than what they want because they get a deal is not part of the problem. You're asking the consumer to adapt to the manufacturers wants and needs. If they'd make rifles that leftys actually want, they wouldn't have to clearance them out.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
When & where do we send deposits?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TBS

no worries mate. i'm not easily insulted, if at all. the two rugers i procured were gifted to a son and a son-in-law, both righties as the fates might have it. but my righty rems, british 303's, savages, & ruger mark II seem to perform ok, given my left-handedness.
walmart was clearancing the RAR's, and if i hadn't bought them, likely someone else would have?

anyways, Bergara is close by me, am hopeful for a lefty from them some day, as well as Barrett. both would be classed as good in my book.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Would not plan on it.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
445 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 49 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.