Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Earlier this evening, leaders in the House and Senate released the final details of the tax reform bill, which is expected to be voted on early next week. House Speaker Paul Ryan sought out NAM President and CEO Jay Timmons tonight not only to communicate key details of the deal, but also to seek manufacturers’ counsel and support.

All told, the bill is a major win for manufacturers, and we will continue to work to ensure it gets across the finish line. We will make sure our elected leaders understand that if they want to stand with manufacturers and their employees, they will support this bill.

Here are some of the key provisions:
• Corporate rate of 21%, effective January 1, 2018
• No corporate alternative minimum tax
• Territorial tax system
• No “excise tax” (Section 4303), which was present in the House version
• Full expensing for five years, with a gradual reduction of deductibility after that
• R&D tax credit
• Interest deductibility
• Repatriation of 15% rate for cash and 8% rate for earnings reinvested in hard assets, with an 8-year window to pay the tax
• Top individual rate of 37%, with 20% deduction for business earnings of pass-throughs
• Permission for oil drilling in ANWR

While we certainly wish policymakers had been more aggressively pro-growth in some aspects of the final agreement, this legislation represents historic progress for manufacturers and for all Americans. We will continue working in the months and years ahead to make even more progress.

To get this bill across the finish line, though, we will need you to keep raising your voices and speaking out. While we are closer to meaningful tax reform than we have been since 1986, let’s not let up now.

Best,

Aric Newhouse
SVP, Policy and Government Relations
National Association of Manufacturers

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
ANWR drilling sounds good.........

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
It’s not passed and signed by trump yet. Hope they get it done.
There are some things like estate tax /death tax that I wish was eliminated.
But this is a start.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The stock market likes it too! For those who are sitting on the sidelines, now is the time to jump in!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It will undoubtedly boost the economy, and it better do.it fast, since it will add ,$4.5 trillion to the debt immediately.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Someone said my poor ass is going to have to pay more under this bill.

Maybe I should hang on to that child tax credit.....

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you think this tax plan is good I have some non flooding property in Houston and New Orleans and some wildfire free acres in California to sell you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Someone said my poor ass is going to have to pay more under this bill.

Maybe I should hang on to that child tax credit.....

Or sell the kid....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know a good baby broker through my church. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
If you think this tax plan is good I have some non flooding property in Houston and New Orleans and some wildfire free acres in California to sell you.

No you don't.

You don't even have two brain-cells to rub together.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every 1 % GDP nets the gov 2.2 trillion in new revenue.
3 % GDP 6.6 trillion in one year.
Do that for 4 years and you have 26 trillion +.
A rising tide lifts all boats.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
ANWR drilling sounds good.........

Screwing our enemies always sounds good.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Although slightly better, this is hardly a blip on the 10,000 page tax code.

The entire tax code should be thrown out and start over--but that ain't happening with this bunch in congress.

I'm still not sure if I'll be better or worse off.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
You libs are really a pc. of work.

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

You ain't got a damn clue! Just sit back and shut up!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I guess there were not enough Agriculture Subsidies in it to suit you?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yep .... but just keep in mind, the individual provisions will expire by the end of 2025, but most of the corporate provisions would be permanent. So ..... there is a relative degree of certainty for individuals through 2025 .... but in 2026 I guess we are back to where we are today.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ftbt
Yep .... but just keep in mind, the individual provisions will expire by the end of 2025, but most of the corporate provisions would be permanent. So ..... there is a relative degree of certainty for individuals through 2025 .... but in 2026 I guess we are back to where we are today.

That depends on who holds the balance of power between now and then.

If the Dems gain control this will be rolled back before then.

If the Republicans continue to hold power, we will get the other half of the loaf before then.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Dem's never seemed concerned about the trillions in debt added during the Obama administration while the economy stagnated.

The Dem's squawk about the "cost" of the tax cuts. It is not a cost. It is our tax money. The government doesn't produce anything. They take money from the working citizens and spend it. The government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Dollars that aren't passed to the government as taxes are spent on goods and services or are saved or invested.

Higher taxes are a drain on the economy and increased overhead for businesses and passed on to consumers. Lower taxes spur the economy creating more revenue for the government, and more jobs. Win/win.

How the Dem's can wring their hands and claim the sky is falling if the tax cuts get passed is beyond me.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
The Dem's never seemed concerned about the trillions in debt added during the Obama administration while the economy stagnated.

The Dem's squawk about the "cost" of the tax cuts. It is not a cost. It is our tax money. The government doesn't produce anything. They take money from the working citizens and spend it. The government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Dollars that aren't passed to the government as taxes are spent on goods and services or are saved or invested.

Higher taxes are a drain on the economy and increased overhead for businesses and passed on to consumers. Lower taxes spur the economy creating more revenue for the government, and more jobs. Win/win.

How the Dem's can wring their hands and claim the sky is falling if the tax cuts get passed is beyond me.

Very well said!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,620
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.