Print Thread
Hop To
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’m in the process of opening a small machine shop as a second job. The vast majority of my machine experience is firearm related having gunsmithed full time for 10 years. I just bought a nice Bridgeport milling machine and I’m thinking small as a way to get started and earn back a little of my investment. I remember one poster sometime back commenting on a post I made about making a new Patridge front blade for my 1926 Hand Ejector. I said I whipped one up on my lunch break and he said he’d been waiting on one for 6 months.

Would there be any market for front sight blades for revolvers here? What would you guys prefer? I can do gold bars, gold beads, plain black of course, as well as dots of any color paint you want though I prefer not to use paint due to durability issues. Any height you would want would be easy as well as having the ability to make a narrower or wider blade. I would like to start out with pin in type blades, though I have made interchangeable blades for the Ruger Super Redhawk style and that wouldn’t be a problem. Finish would most likely be rust blue and serration is something that would be available as well. What would you guys who might be interested be willing to pay for something like this?

I’m really just testing the waters to try and stay in the gun business at least a little bit because it’s something I enjoy. I’m not looking to make a living on sights but I will be serious about quality as well as prompt delivery.

BP-B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For me it is 0.10" wide, the face canted 20 degrees from vertical and serrated. David Clements and Alan Harton have made mine.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Back in the good old days before trifocals, I preferred a black Patridge blade for about everything. Now days that works fine for punching paper in good light, but for most field conditions that involve sighting against darker backgrounds, I'm liking some kind of fiber optic, white dot or gold bead. I'm also needing a narrower blade to be able to see any light between the blade and notch.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Red ramp, gold bead, tritium, fiber optics.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What I'd like to see is someone offering a steel ramp (no red insert) screw-on sight that fits the 10.5" barreled Super Blackhawk in a width that matches the factory rear notch so that you could have a snag-free hunting sight instead of the undercut silhouette target sight. (Something akin to the S410N or KS410N sight 'cept for a heavy barrel.)

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
McGivern bead patridge sight is my favorite.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agreed on the gold bead partridge sights. have bought a bunch of older S & W's this year, and for old eyes the plain black blades can definitely be improved. Whereabouts are you located?

Thanks,
Tim

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’m in SW Oklahoma Tim. I don’t have an ffl so would have to work from a set of measurements. Bright side is postage will be cheap.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by EdM
For me it is 0.10" wide, the face canted 20 degrees from vertical and serrated. David Clements and Alan Harton have made mine.

Perfection. Period.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
134 members (300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.