Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#12472932 12/16/17
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Old Testament Abraham, the" father" of three religions.

Would some good folks a lot better schooled care to discuss Abraham?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I love tax cuts.

The greatest tax cut EVER comes from the story of Abraham, where the blood tax from God is reduces from your first born to a lowly sheep.

Sorry Donald. Your tax cut is great, but not the greatest ever.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Are you saying you have something to share or that you want information.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Tell me about Sarah's years in the harem.

Last edited by websterparish47; 12/16/17.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
?

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Probably didn't get as much P:::y grabbing as she wanted...

Maintain some perspective, eh?

Last edited by las; 12/16/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
What I've read of it, a real interesting story.

Last edited by websterparish47; 12/16/17.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
What's the difference between opium and Abraham?

Opium is the juice of the poppy.

Abraham is the poppy of the Jews!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Old Testament Abraham, the" father" of three religions.

Would some good folks a lot better schooled care to discuss Abraham?

I have heard people refer to Abraham as the father of three religions for ever.He was the father of two bloodlines.One with Sarah his wife that would become the twelve Hebrew tribes.From these will come Judaism and Christianity.Abrahams other bloodline was through Hagar a slave to Sarah.Through this bloodline would come the twelve tribes of Arabia.Islam will come a couple thousand years later.This is why it is hard to call him the father of three religions.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Abraham is the father of those with true faith, which is saving faith. He fathered no religions. Islam claims him after the fact, with doctored up "doctrines". Judaism obviously descends from Abraham. As King David's royal successor, being of his lineage, Yeshua haMeshiach (Jesus the Christ) is the foundation of what we call Christianity today. The Alpha and Omega title given in Revelation intends to communicate that the faith exemplified by Abraham was His (God's) and only his idea.

Islam claims that everyone starts out as a Muslim and cannot, if apostasized thereafter convert to Islam, only revert. (Hence Abraham and ishmael, not Isaac are hereditary to people of true faith.) The difference between Judeo-Christian faith and Islam cannot be overstated.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by agazain
Abraham is the father of those with true faith, which is saving faith. He fathered no religions. Islam claims him after the fact, with doctored up "doctrines". Judaism obviously descends from Abraham. As King David's royal successor, being of his lineage, Yeshua haMeshiach (Jesus the Christ) is the foundation of what we call Christianity today. The Alpha and Omega title given in Revelation intends to communicate that the faith exemplified by Abraham was His (God's) and only his idea.

Islam claims that everyone starts out as a Muslim and cannot, if apostasized thereafter convert to Islam, only revert. (Hence Abraham and ishmael, not Isaac are hereditary to people of true faith.) The difference between Judeo-Christian faith and Islam cannot be overstated.

I agree.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Islam is a perversion of Judism and Christianity to suit the savage male Arab.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
More of an attempt to hijack Judaism.Arabs want to be the only bloodline to Abraham.They want to kill all Jews.Muslims don't understand faith.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have always puzzled over Abraham and Abram.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I might question your last line/word.. What is "faith"?

Surely they understand obsessive fanaticisms, however. Pretty sure they are not or have not been alone in that. Some people(s) grow up, however.

"Resistance is futile".....

Last edited by las; 12/16/17.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Many say that all 3 have the same God. Totally untrue. Allah and God are vastly different. Allah is the devil in disguise.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Many say that all 3 have the same God. Totally untrue. Allah and God are vastly different. Allah is the devil in disguise.

Creepy true when you start studying certain passages from the koran and the bible.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad

How so? God changed his name to better reflect the image his faith was building of himself. It's the same reason God took him out to look at the stars and and the grains of sand and dream of all his descendants.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
This is probably more than most of ya'll can see,but did you know that God used Abraham and His covenant with Abraham to bring Jesus into the earth and to have the right to sacrifice him? I'm sure that one will leave most saying, WHAT!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Abram was the father of the moslems after Sarah did not believe the Lord would fulfill His promise and give them a child. She had too little faith and too little patience so she set Abram up with their maid and made her preggo.

Later, God made Abram a new man (as He later did Paul) and changed him to Abraham who became father of the Israelites and Christians.

Lieberals, Muzzies and those unknowing proclaim him father of the Moslems also to also say Christians and muzzies have the same god. Dont listen to lieberals, muzzys or the unknowing or you will be led astray.

Sorry to say most Bible scholars dont see it that way, though thats how it is. Most make excusese saying Hagar and Ishmael had been kicked out, blah, blah, blah.

When Abraham was renamed he was a new man, i percieve it as he was reborn and was never Abram again.

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son

Anyway, this is how one bible scholar explained it to me.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/17/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
375 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,051 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.