-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Every year I bow hunt for moose in Alaska in an area that is rich with big bears. I always carry a very large revolver on the belt of my backpack in case my recurve and broadhead arrow doesn't scare the bears away. My backpack (Kifaru) has a double row of molle tabs which work great with the Bianchi UM84R holster which is designed to be mounted on molle loops. It's a great system that secures the heavy revolver against the belt of the backpack. It's also easily removed and can be mounted conventionally on a regular belt. The revolvers I've used in the past have fit reasonably well in the stock UM84R holster. However, I want to carry a different revolver that will not fit in the holster.

I want to find a custom holster maker who would be willing to make a holster for me that incorporates the same molle-mounting system as the Bianchi. I'm happy to provide a Bianchi holster (if necessary) as the donor for the spring mount. I could care less if it's leather. In fact, I'd prefer that it not be leather but would happily settle for a leather holster if that was my only option.

So here's the request for help. Would you pistoleros out there please recommend a holster maker who'd work with me? I've reached out to Simply Rugged via both voice message and e-mail with no response, so any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Here's the link to the photo album that shows in detail the UM84R mounting system: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12469084#Post12469084

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't know who would do it but I'd talk to DiamondD and El Paso Saddlery as starters. Even if they don't do the work they might know someone who would.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Diamond D

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a few holsters from Diamond D and think they are top-notch. However, their website says they aren't willing to take on custom orders. I might give them a call anyway.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I would give Mike Barranti a call.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Back several years ago I spent a little time on this leather workers site. There were some really good artist on there that made some spectacular rigs. I know you don't want leather but best as I can remember there were a few guys there working with kydex also.

Good luck.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by EdM
I would give Mike Barranti a call.

^ +1

Don't know if he'd take on your specific request but his work is top quality and he's a good guy to deal with.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 44automag, 348srfun, 32 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.