Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
well, now that he's cut his own taxes, maybe he'll have time to build his wall.

Sycamore

Trump isn't taking any salary for as long as he's president.

Why don't you be patriotic, and do the same... for as long as he's president?

You silly boy. It would be a big raise for you to get Trumps salary wouldn't it?

Trump is the first president in modern times not to get out of all his other business, and focus on the peoples business.

How much do you think he just made this year by getting the top tax bracket lowered from 39% to 37%?

How much by changing the pass-through regulations?

Have you got the math skills?

It was a lot more than whatever federal salary he is pretending to forego..

In 500 pages, do you think there might be some good stuff for commercial real-estate in there? I bet there is.

Have you ever seen a magician? they always get you to watch the other hand. that's how it works.

Sycamore

Don't patronize me. I didn't with you. I asked you a question.

Trump shouldn't have to give up everything for a temporary job.

On the other hand, he came to be president as a rich man. The ones before him... Obama, Clinton, Bush, etc. sure LEFT the presidency pretty rich.

That, if nothing else is a welcome change.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Syamore, you are a typical liberal idiot.
I see you have drank the class envy koolaid.
You Marxist are so easily manipulated, no wonder they call you useful idiots!

I don't see the evidence for any of your statements. (or the name calling)

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Special Counsel Robert Mueller is accused of acting in complete disregard for the law and must be removed. And so, too, must his entire team.

There is devastating new evidence to suggest that Mueller and his staff of lawyers improperly, if not illegally, obtained tens of thousands of private documents belonging to President-elect Trump's Presidential Transition Team (PTT). The material includes emails, laptops and cell phones used by 13 PTT members.

Critically, a "significant volume of privileged material" was taken by Mueller, according to the Trump transition lawyer, and then used by the special counsel team in its investigation. Mueller's staff apparently admits this egregious violation, which the law strictly forbids.

Under the law, the only remedy is Mueller's dismissal from the case.

MORE IN ARTICLE

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...ed-his-probe-and-demand-his-removal.html

He won't be fired or dismissed, by anyone, & he will use the illegally obtained e-mails. He' s bound & determined to get Trump, legally or otherwise, & he's not going to step aside either.

MM

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
The original 1963 Act has been ammended a few times. Originally it covered mostly financial matters, later more detail on records, etc. Summaries are on the GSA web site.

It seems to me, the GSA was pretty quick to turn all that over, reportedly without notifying the Trump Transition Team, which seems sorta irregular. There are a lot of holdovers still running many government agencies. IMO, they can't drain that swamp quick enough.

Trump says there's nothing there to hide, it's just the process that's bothersome.

DF

No worrie then. I still find it unclear if Mueller actually broke the law or not.

Well, reportedly there were classified materials included and I doubt Mueller's band of lawyers has high level or even any security clearance. That material should have been examined by qualified intel folks before turning it loose. Casual handling of classified materials doesn't seem to be a big deal any more...

We'll see how it plays out.

Df

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sycamore

You silly boy. It would be a big raise for you to get Trumps salary wouldn't it?

Trump is the first president in modern times not to get out of all his other business, and focus on the peoples business.

How much do you think he just made this year by getting the top tax bracket lowered from 39% to 37%?

In 500 pages, do you think there might be some good stuff for commercial real-estate in there? I bet there is.

Have you ever seen a magician? they always get you to watch the other hand. that's how it works.

Sycamore

On the other hand, he came to be president as a rich man. The ones before him... Obama, Clinton, Bush, etc. sure LEFT the presidency pretty rich.

I asked you six questions and you dodged every one.

Especially the main one: How Much Money Does He Make From the New Tax Bill?

What would be patriotic about not taking a salary? It's more smoke and mirrors, from a flim-flam man who has come to town and taken some of the rubes in. Like I said, he's making plenty of money the other way, he doesn't need the salary. He's got the swamp right where he wants them, lining his pockets.

He's still got aliens working at Mar-A-Lago.

Remember when he was going to be too busy to play golf?

Remember when repeal and replace was going to be "so easy"?

People bought that schidt up.

Remember when Roy Moore was no good, then he was good, then he was no good again? Trump is always right, to Trump, and the Ever-Trumpers.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone

His Marine Corps service looks to be legit. Enlisted, finished boot camp at Parris Island, went to OCS, then became a Marine Officer, So that makes him a mustang. Ranger School, Jump school , Rifle Platoon leader in Vietnam with 3rdMARDIV. In April 1969, he received an enemy gunshot wound in the thigh, recovered, and returned to lead his platoon until June 1969. decorations and awards include: the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V", Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat "V", Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with three ​3⁄16" bronze stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.

I kind of think that DOES top 5 draft deferments. Your idea of service may differ than mine.

Benedict Arnold was a hero too.

And some Liberals think they are smart and actually believe the schit they write.

Suck it Syc, Trump won, get used to it he'll win again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar
Syamore, you are a typical liberal idiot.
I see you have drank the class envy koolaid.
You Marxist are so easily manipulated, no wonder they call you useful idiots!

I don't see the evidence for any of your statements. (or the name calling)

Sycamore

Idiots usually don't recognize the fact that they are Idiots, it's part of the disease.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sycamore

Trump probably doesn't make much money from salary like working people, so I doubt that tax bracket lowering helps him much.

Lowering the top bracket help people who earn salaries & wages, not people who make their money owning assets.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MILES58
I agree whoever handed over the docs may have issues as I stated.

Someone has to assert that a privilege applies or it must be a plainly evident privilege may apply before Mueller or any attorney on his team is obligated to anything. Obviously it would be unlikely all of it would be so bound. Perhaps a case could be made for executive privilege in the case of the president elect but it would have to be argued that there is but one president at a time. As we saw in the case of Nixon and Reagan executive privilege does indeed have limitations.

Mueller as a special counsel acting as prosecutor has different obligations legally than say an attorney not appointed for investigation of an individual or specific group.

It's not a criminal violation for Mueller to ask for private communications. It is not a criminal violation to receive private communications. It may be that information contained in some such communications may be excluded at trial, but that does not necessarily make it fruit of the poisoned tree, nor does it necessarily make any product derived from it poisoned. It may well, but that's a whole lot of arguing before it gets sorted.

As often is the case on 24CF, All that is way over some heads, they have already made up theirs minds
and have pitchforks and lit torches at the ready for Mueller.

Originally Posted by MILES58
....Perhaps a case could be made for executive privilege in the case of the president elect but it would
have to be argued that there is but one president at a time....

Executive privilege does not apply until one is the executive; these documents are from the TT,
before Trump became the executive.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trumps TT lawyer claims they were given assurance by the previous GSA-G/C( Beckler) who has since passed away,
that they would 'own and control' the information.

Current GSA -D/C Mr.Loewentritt ,has disputed such...he tells that TTT members were informed that any materials
they produced using government systems could be turned over to LE.

TTT legal reps should have arranged written signed proof of any such alleged assurance given by GSAs Mr.Beckler,
if they don't have such, then they weren't looking after the Transition team as their client.
Even then, a personally issued assurance does not necessarily override the legislated powers of a Fed. investigation
or GSA operating procedures.
People can issue assurances that actually have no legally binding effect. ..So It could be that the TTT legal team failed
in their due diligence.

Loewentritt mentioned a list of agreements that anyone had to agree to when using GSA materials during the transition,
including monitoring and auditing of devices and that, “Therefore, no expectation of privacy can be assumed.”

Loewentritt first suggested a warrant or subpoena for access to the materials, but then decided the Special Counsel’s Office
administrative letter of request for information , was sufficient.

I still find it unclear if Mueller actually broke the law or not.

Originally Posted by denton

Mueller violated the 4th Amendment, by asking for and receiving private communications without a warrant.

A “reasonable expectation of privacy” under the 4th offers some protection against unreasonable searches and seizures
—ie gov. is required to go to a judge to obtain a warrant based on probable cause.

However, when a third party (GSA) holds the records, courts have ruled there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.
2010, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, Rehberg v. Paulk, 'that a person does not have a reasonable expectation
of privacy once any copy of the email is delivered to a third party'

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
That's OK. He get a pass since he served in the Marine Corps. I've been assured this is true right here on the 'fire. crazy

One can piss away any honor they may have earned in past exploits. McStain and Mueller have both overdrawn their accounts.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Well, reportedly there were classified materials included and I doubt Mueller's band of lawyers has high level or even any security clearance.
That material should have been examined by qualified intel folks before turning it loose.

If theres classified gov. data contained in the material that not even Fed investigators should be privi to,
then why did he TT allow a team of ordinary private lawyers be the appointed administrators of those accounts???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sycamore

Sycamore

I asked you six questions and you dodged every one.

Especially the main one: How Much Money Does He Make From the New Tax Bill?

Sycamore

This thread is about a potentially illegal probe by the Mueller team. I can see why you would want to change the subject. There's no telling how much a 2% income tax relief will save him. Most of the money he makes he doesn't make as regular income though. Instead of maligning the man, you should be worshiping him. He and the other top 20% of wage earners pay 84% of all the income tax in this country. That means those of us who didn't do what it takes to become rich, the other 80%, only pay 16% It really seems silly to me when people resent high wage earners. Most of them will pay more income tax in a year than we will in a lifetime. Class warfare fail. You and your ilk will never admit it, but you are grateful the rich are funding the country. Next time you see a wealthy person shake his hand and thank him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Trumps TT lawyer claims they were given assurance by the previous GSA-G/C( Beckler) who has since passed away,
that they would 'own and control' the information.

Current GSA -D/C Mr.Loewentritt ,has disputed such...he tells that TTT members were informed that any materials
they produced using government systems could be turned over to LE.

TTT legal reps should have arranged written signed proof of any such alleged assurance given by GSAs Mr.Beckler,
if they don't have such, then they weren't looking after the Transition team as their client.
Even then, a personally issued assurance does not necessarily override the legislated powers of a Fed. investigation
or GSA operating procedures.
People can issue assurances that actually have no legally binding effect. ..So It could be that the TTT legal team failed
in their due diligence.

Loewentritt mentioned a list of agreements that anyone had to agree to when using GSA materials during the transition,
including monitoring and auditing of devices and that, “Therefore, no expectation of privacy can be assumed.”

Loewentritt first suggested a warrant or subpoena for access to the materials, but then decided the Special Counsel’s Office
administrative letter of request for information , was sufficient.

I still find it unclear if Mueller actually broke the law or not.

Originally Posted by denton

Mueller violated the 4th Amendment, by asking for and receiving private communications without a warrant.

A “reasonable expectation of privacy” under the 4th offers some protection against unreasonable searches and seizures
—ie gov. is required to go to a judge to obtain a warrant based on probable cause.

However, when a third party (GSA) holds the records, courts have ruled there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.
2010, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, Rehberg v. Paulk, 'that a person does not have a reasonable expectation
of privacy once any copy of the email is delivered to a third party'

So Rehberg v. Paulk would tend to overturn the Presidential Transition Act since a 3rd party is always involved?

If I am heading an investigation, and I have stacked my team with people who politically oppose the person I am investigating, and I know much of the population thinks I am conducting a witch hunt, I am going to try my best to keep everything above board. If I am doing my best to keep everything above board, why wouldn't I go ahead and get a warrant if I know that legally it's a close call?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This thread is about a potentially illegal probe by the Mueller team. I can see why you would want to change the subject. There's no telling how much a 2% income tax relief will save him. Most of the money he makes he doesn't make as regular income though. Instead of maligning the man, you should be worshiping him. He and the other top 20% of wage earners pay 84% of all the income tax in this country. That means those of us who didn't do what it takes to become rich, the other 80%, only pay 16% It really seems silly to me when people resent high wage earners. Most of them will pay more income tax in a year than we will in a lifetime. Class warfare fail. You and your ilk will never admit it, but you are grateful the rich are funding the country. Next time you see a wealthy person shake his hand and thank him.

Most of those dumbasses bite the hands that feed them.

Bite them hard enough, and you have... Venezuela.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
All of the devices along with the server belong to the government. None of the e-mails or other communications are private. All are public property and can be viewed by anyone including all of us. Although you might have to file a lawsuit through the freedom of information act to get it and some sensitive material could be deleted. Anyone working in a government job knows, or should know this.

There may be some illegal activity in the investigation, but this isn't it.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JMR40
All of the devices along with the server belong to the government. None of the e-mails or other communications are private. All are public property and can be viewed by anyone including all of us. Although you might have to file a lawsuit through the freedom of information act to get it and some sensitive material could be deleted. Anyone working in a government job knows, or should know this.

Nah.

It's just more of the double standard BS we have been seeing since Obama took office.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hand-subpoenaed-documents-trump-dossier/

A third deadline has now passed for the FBI and Justice Department to hand over subpoenaed documents to the House Intelligence Committee relating to the debunked Russian dossier.

The big question is, did the FBI actually use this garbage dossier to obtain a FISA warrant like reports suggest?

CNN reported Monday that Obama’s FBI indeed wiretapped Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort before, during and after the 2016 presidential election. CNN is even admitting that Trump himself may have been caught up in the surveillance.

The Obama FBI used a secret court order to wiretap Manafort. We the people deserve to know if the debunked dossier was used to obtain this FISA warrant in order to spy on Trump’s camp.

The Washington Examiner reports:

Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes originally set a Sept. 1 deadline for production of the dossier documents. The FBI did not comply. Nunes then extended the deadline to Sept. 14. The FBI did not comply. Then Nunes extended the deadline again, to Sept. 22. Now, again, the FBI has not complied.
There’s a lot at stake. Nunes is currently traveling in the Middle East, so it is not clear what the next step will be, or when it will happen. But so far, the FBI and the Justice Department do not appear to be in the mood to comply with the subpoena.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Not true. The infrastructure,(the cable, switches, etc), the servers, the Post Office servers that hold the emails are privately owned. How long they hold the emails is variable. Emails held on P.O. servers can be and has been recovered and used in criminal prosecutions..

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

The government owns all of those devices of the transition team?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More grey area of the Law being exploited by Special Council. Been there done that. It’s a cats out of the bag sort of thing that can’t be put back in even if ruled by a judge to have been inappropriate.

And no being a former Marine doesn’t give you any “Leeway” to do things that are not above board.

Appears to me no one Trumps Team screwed anything up but that GSA handed over the materials to the FBI without a warrant as instructed by their internal procedures which have probably never been tested as to the legality of such an action,

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 46 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,514
Posts18,452,673
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.