Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Has anyone had the illuminated Nightforce mildot reticle compared to the bushnell non illuminated lrhs g2h reticle at last light? Curious how these two would do in hunting conditions.

Last edited by herschel34; 12/17/17.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
i am curious as well,,, I hope experienced users respond to this post.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an nxs w/NPR 2 reticle and have not had to use the illumination during legal biggame hunting hours. I'm liking the lrhs too so far, but will have a bunch more experience with it in the next couple months killing coyotes.

I have used the illumination on the nxs a few times after dark calling coyotes when I scan with the PVS 14. I'll use my lrhs quite a bit for calling after dark this season as well.

I usually run the pvs14 behind the scopes on most nights though so illumination is a feature I really don't need.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
which model nightforce are you referring to? I think the mil dot is nighforce's best low light reticle without illumination. but it really does matter which model you are referring to. if you are looking at second focal plane the reticles are going to be quite a bit different looking if they are put in the 2.5-10 vs the 3.5-15 model.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have used and sold both brand scopes ,you may not like my short answer, niteforce scopes are expensive but you get also what you paid for. comparing the two brands the niteforce is 10 times the scope to any busnell ,I would never put a bushnell on my hunting rifle or my son`s.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
I have used and sold both brand scopes ,you may not like my short answer, niteforce scopes are expensive but you get also what you paid for. comparing the two brands the niteforce is 10 times the scope to any busnell ,I would never put a bushnell on my hunting rifle or my son`s.

Hmmm I just took a NF off my long range chassis rifle and replaced it with a Bushnell cause the particular model NF I had didn’t have a couple features I prefer that the particular model of Bushnell does offer. I don’t think you can write off the whole Bushnell brand off because you don’t like their “trophy” line of scopes wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In general, I feel the same regarding Bushnell products. However, the LRHS is an exception.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

You do not know what you are talking about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you referencing "brand" only or specific product (LRHS)?
If the latter, that's quite humorous.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FOsteology
In general, I feel the same regarding Bushnell products. However, the LRHS is an exception.

LRHS, LRTS, ERS, XRS, DMR, etc, all fall into the same category of build and design quality, which is a large step above anything else they make, IMO.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

You do not know what you are talking about.

we agree!!! bushnell has a lot of crap models. mainly the cheap stuff like the trophy etc. basically if its a chinese bushnell don't buy it. If its made in japan its going to be a good scope. I raz people and rant about the LRHS because I really like so many things about bushnell scopes. They have my favorite optical formula of any brand. by optical forumla I am talking about eye relief, easy to get a good view from and just ease of use. I say what I say because with a few minor tweeks 3 nightforce scopes at least are for sale and replaced with bushnell.

back to the question I asked. make sure and tell us which nightforce model your considering.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SKane

Are you referencing “personal experience” or just continuing your quest for smugfuckofthe year?
But you are right it’s hilarious!

See if formillous will tug on your hair a little! You can push at the same time and you might get your nose out of his butt. 💋

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII

Are you referencing “personal experience” or just continuing your quest for smugfuckofthe year?

See if formillous will tug on your hair a little! You can push at the same time and you might get your nose out of his butt. 💋

Poor Fred. Fortunately I don't have to guess.
Pict from yesterday. The NXS works better for me as I like the illumination but other than that, the LRHS is damned fine.

Anything else, puddin'?

[Linked Image]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh, shoot, this might be another one. blush

[Linked Image]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by FOsteology

> this is what I met to say<

but for the keyboard know it-alls in my home state at the state 600 FTR classes,generally won by Niteforce scopes
at the state 1,000 yard bench rest most times won by niteforce,sometimes leupold.

but yes BUSHNELL LRHS is a decent scope, but at my gun shop nobody uses Bushnell in competition,most prefer Niteforce ,few like leupold
I use what i know will hold-up the best under all conditions> Niteforce

its also kinda interesting to see replys from some who probably have never owned a niteforce scope nor shot bench rest competition seem to know so much about rifles and scopes. >if your that good with those rifles come on up this winter,there holding money shoots in central Minnesota,bring cash.the niteforce boys love green backs.

Last edited by pete53; 12/18/17.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Scooter LOL scope should never cost 3x the rifle. Keep it on the DL I bought a blue light special once as well.

Laughing

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh, shoot, this might be another one. blush

[Linked Image]

Nice buck Skane.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Always wanted a 3.5-15x5o so ones in route. LOL.
Scott.

Oh and nice buck how far did that buck die from your stand. 😂

Last edited by fredIII; 12/18/17.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Speaking of bucks that look good! Did you have your muledeer scored Keith? It looks nice.
The 180 ELD shoot pretty well in the 7wsm.

[Linked Image]

Thanks again

Last edited by fredIII; 12/18/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SKane and F3 how about some captions for those rifles!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

337 members (1lesfox, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 1,511 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,643
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.