-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Students at the University of Alaska Anchorage are eligible for a $1,000 award if they can demonstrate that they are “significantly contribute to enhancing diversity” on campus.

To qualify for the $1,000 award, students must write an essay explaining how they “advance social justice and diversity within the larger community.” According to the university’s website, the deadline for applying is Friday, December 8. Applicants also must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.

Through three short essay questions, students must demonstrate that they “[increase] visibility of diverse people, cultures, and/or perspectives,” “[create] a welcoming environment,” and or “[represent] diverse student voices through advocacy and participation in UAA student organizations.” Each of the short essays is only required to be 150 words long.

“The UAA Diversity Action Council will review applications and grant tuition of up to $1,000 to the top applicants,” the website reads.”Students from the UAA Anchorage campus and community campuses are eligible. Award recipients must meet eligibility criteria including a 2.5 cumulative GPA, Satisfactory Academic Progress and admitted to a UAA certificate or degree program.”

“No demographic is chosen over another for the award,” David Thorn, the director of the university’s multicultural center, told Campus Reform, explaining that instead applicants are selected “dependent on the quality of the application.”

This isn’t the first instance in which a university has offered rewards to students to engage in progressive activism. Earlier this year, Case Western offered students a $500 grant to attend a social justice conference. In September, Bryn Mawr College announced that they would pay students an hourly wage to “celebrate diversity” on campus.

The University of Arizona announced last year that they would pay students ten dollars per hour to be a university-sponsored “Social Justice Activist.” Many took issue with the program’s implementation at a state university due to the absence of a similar program offering for conservative and libertarian students interested in political activism.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...-to-students-who-advance-social-justice/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is sickening.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Victimhood for all!

Except the gusiqs!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"...Each of the short essays is only required to be 150 words long..."

let me guess here, spelling and grammar are not counted.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kid0917

TFF

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

With a whopping 2.5 GPA minimum requirement, I'm guessing your spot on.

Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by akjeff

Jeff

They'd need a break fum they's studies cause keeping they's grades up like dat is a killer!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by akjeff

Jeff

They'd need a break fum they's studies cause keeping they's grades up like dat is a killer!

Not to mention the burden of a heavy backpack full of books.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.