Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't know much about the AR style rifles. I'm thinking of putting together one for myself just to use at the range or if I get the urge, maybe try killing a deer at a very modest range.

Your thoughts on this.....

Larue complete upper kit 1/8 twist
Seekins lower
16" barrel
13" handguard
Flat top for scope

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 12/18/17.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seekins is all good stuff.....................never seen anything bad on anything they make.

As far as the other stuff goes, I don't like Larue rails but their stuff is well made & generally, accurate, but I think they are also generally overpriced.

If the parts you end up buying are not mil-spec, just be sure that the upper & lower will fit up together OK.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good enough. Though I"ve never thought I needed to pay for that name. YMMV. As noted, upper and lower must be able to pin together. Looseness vs tightness there has very TINY effect on overall accuracy... even though loose kind of bothers me I know it doesn't hurt for 99% of uses.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
The seekins uppers and lowers are very good quality. They make acouple different lowers. They have set screws on the back of the lowers to tighten the fit of the upper if there is some wiggle room between the two. The ones I have built with seekins lowers seem to fit good with little use of the screw. Good luck in your build.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I ended up ordering a new lower from Larue. So I will have matching upper and lower. Larue uppers are billet just like the Seekins I was originally going to buy.

Hopefully, I made the right choice. I keep hearing nothing but good this about Larue rifles.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the lower is the least important part of your build, I think there are only 4 companies actually making them in the US of course I could be wrong but most are made by a few companies and branded by the vendor that buys them. I built a gun on an anderson lower I paid $50 for, it runs like a top because it has a DD lower parts kit in it, Giesslee trigger and a good build on the upper. .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, nothing wrong with the Anderson lowers. I purchased 8 of them 18 months ago or so and have completed 4 builds with zero fit/cosmetic issues. BTW, I have also completed a few builds over the years using top tier billet lowers so I do have a good base when I say I like the Anderson's.

Only Seekins' product I have used is their adjustable gas block (ordered another a couple days ago). Very good adjustable gas bock especially at the price point.

I do not have a need to keep any more lowers on hand ....... $225 (shipped) for 4 new Anderson lowers if anyone is interested.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 45 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,552
Posts18,453,601
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.