Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
None of you need to worry.

We have natural gas and China. Problems solved.

You may be right. I read that Alaska pump enough N.G. back into the round to supply the whole west coast . They didn't at the time cause it was so expensive to move it.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That gas is used to maintain reservoir pressure, lift oil (and water), and wash the oil out of the rock itself. Selling it will increase the difficulties and cost of getting the rest of the oil out.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The fields have decades more life left in them albeit at reduced production rates. Leaving the gas to maximize oil output and looking at bring the gas to market in 10-20 years seems like the better option.

The economics of a gas line today just don't pencil out. Converting the gas to NGL and shipping down TAPS would seem like a potentially better option but I haven't heard any numbers on whether or not such an option is fiscally viable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The fields have decades more life left in them albeit at reduced production rates. Leaving the gas to maximize oil output and looking at bring the gas to market in 10-20 years seems like the better option.

The economics of a gas line today just don't pencil out. Converting the gas to NGL and shipping down TAPS would seem like a potentially better option but I haven't heard any numbers on whether or not such an option is fiscally viable.

Hard to get it small enough to ship reasonably without getting it to liquid phase which requires too much pressurse these days.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

It probably pencils out if one is running for re-election as guv.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
That gas is used to maintain reservoir pressure, lift oil (and water), and wash the oil out of the rock itself. Selling it will increase the difficulties and cost of getting the rest of the oil out.

I learned something today. Do they keep some NG for heat or anything close by?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ihookem

They run their gas turbine power plants with some of it. The fuel is (practically) free...........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ihookem

Quite a bit is burned to keep flares burning... in case of emergencies and plant upsets. They need it burning so it ignites immediately when dumped to the pit.

Heat is easy to come by in the big plants as they are bringing in lots of product at high temperatures and especially the gas. They can pump a lot more cool gas down the injection wells than hot gas.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
741 members (222ND, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.