Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank you very much. So, is the magazine designated with an (E) the correct magazine for my rifle: "Model 70 (CRF) 'Classic Sporter' .300 Win. Mag.? This (E) magazine is what originally came with my rifle; picture inserted'.

* The question remains unanswered as to the (E) being compatible with a (PF) "ONLY" vs. a (EC) being compatible for (CRF).

* Irrespective of the main point, Would you know what "box" my rifle uses?

[Linked Image</div>
<br>

<div class= Last edited by Synoptic; 12/18/17.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Those I don't know.. I don't think a DBM uses a 'box', so to speak - just the design of the bottom metal and action will guide that into place.

As to your magazine depicted above, to get a spare you'll need to find that exact duplicate..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank you very much for the information, and clarifying the issue of the "box" which I was uncertain. I just received the DBM (E) magazine from Hoosier Gun Works , "It is the same as the one I have" (Designated E). The (E) magazine fits the housing perfect.

1.) What I'm at a loss to understand is why the specifications state: DBM-(E) > For Push Feed 'Only'.

2.) Yet, DBM (EC) states: For Control Round Feed.

My Winchester is a (1994) Model 70- DBM (E) .300 Win. Mag., (CRF) , "How is the (E) magazine compatible?

* I'm sorry, but no answer has been forthcoming by anyone. David (Hoosier Gun Works) "Great Guy and very personable", said that he does not see many so he could not provide an answer.

Last edited by Synoptic; 12/18/17.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Compatible with what? Your "E" magazine is for DBM versions.. The 'other' "E" box is for CRF non-DBM versions...

Simple.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

No offense but I believe this picture says it all, "Which not any have addressed".

* Both of the magazines you see are for DBM'S: (E) and (EC). I simply cannot comprehend your terminology.

[Linked Image<br><br><br></div>
<br>

<div class= Last edited by Synoptic; 12/18/17.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Synoptic

No offense but I believe this picture says it all, "Which not any have addressed".

* Both of the magazines you see are for DBM'S: (E) and (EC). I simply cannot comprehend your terminology.

[Linked Image<br><br><br></div></div><br>So if the picture said it all why are you asking other than to troll. Back to your last post, your leading those that are extremely helpful here to an answer you already know. To discredit or other malicious intent  I don't know. Usually, I am not confrontational on any website because I can just click the "back" key and ignore it but Lee is one of the good guys on here who seems to always be helpful. <br>Glad your an Expeet who answered his own question. See my earlier comment about 50% of Engineers.You for the stereotype regardless of pedigree.</div>
<br>

</div>

</td></tr>

</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<div id=
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

So if the picture said it all why are you asking other than to troll. Back to your last post, your leading those that are extremely helpful here to an answer you already know. To discredit or other malicious intent I don't know. Usually, I am not confrontational on any website because I can just click the "back" key and ignore it but Lee is one of the good guys on here who seems to always be helpful.
Glad your an Expert who answered his own question. See my earlier comment about 50% of Engineers.You fit the stereotype regardless of pedigree.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gremcat

So if the picture said it all why are you asking other than to troll. Back to your last post, your leading those that are extremely helpful here to an answer you already know. To discredit or other malicious intent I don't know. Usually, I am not confrontational on any website because I can just click the "back" key and ignore it but Lee is one of the good guys on here who seems to always be helpful.
Glad your an Expert who answered his own question. See my earlier comment about 50% of Engineers.You fit the stereotype regardless of pedigree.

I'm well aware of L.C's credentials. You need not bring anything to my attention.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm well aware of L.C's credentials. You need not bring anything to my attention.

Which means you have already been on this site by another handle, TFF.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
@ 12344mag

I'm very much aware of his underpinnings, and I meant no disrespect to him, nor did I direct any unwarranted posts. However, I just cannot comprehend how I can ask the same questions over and over again with receiving an answer of finality. I'm speaking with ballistic technology people (Creme de la creme) trying to find an answer. As stated for about the fifth time, 'Winchester cannot provide an answer", Those so-called experts cannot provide an answer, Those who have written extensive articles on Model 70's cannot provide an answer. This is why I turned to L.C., hoping to find an answer. It appears there may be some type of misinformation being presented or the inquiry is not understood. In reality, I've spelled it out more times than not, yet the structure of the question always turns into multiple roads, never ending. I could have sent him a PM but decided to convey messages on the forum. Even though I know him not personally, yes, I consider him a friend. How he may view me is unknown.

* Maybe, you can answer the question regarding the two (2) types of DBM magazines (E) and (EC). The (E) specifically states for Push Feed 'Only', yet it is the magazine for my rifle which is a control round feed. The (EC) specifically states (CRF), yet this magazine will not fit my rifle housing. How clearer can I present this issue? A reply is appreciated. Thank you for being on an even keel, more so than many here. I did not realize, or maybe refused to believe that there are better people here, "only more of the same delving upon delusion, ready to discredit or mock others. In this respect, there was never any intention, none, of applying these traits or false values to L.C.

Last edited by Synoptic; 12/18/17.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jesus h f u c k I n g Christ, it's a gawt damm new haven model 70, not a f u c k ing blueprint for a space shuttle..... what is this ??? The 24hr campfire version of model 70 "jeopardy".

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

No shyt............

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
@ 12344mag

I'm very much aware of his underpinnings, and I meant no disrespect to him, nor did I direct any unwarranted posts. However, I just cannot comprehend how I can ask the same questions over and over again with receiving an answer of finality. I'm speaking with ballistic technology people (Creme de la creme) trying to find an answer. As stated for about the fifth time, 'Winchester cannot provide an answer", Those so-called experts cannot provide an answer, Those who have written extensive articles on Model 70's cannot provide an answer. This is why I turned to L.C., hoping to find an answer. It appears there may be some type of misinformation being presented or the inquiry is not understood. In reality, I've spelled it out more times than not, yet the structure of the question always turns into multiple roads, never ending. I could have sent him a PM but decided to convey messages on the forum. Even though I know him not personally, yes, I consider him a friend. How he may view me is unknown.

* Maybe, you can answer the question regarding the two (2) types of DBM magazines (E) and (EC). The (E) specifically states for Push Feed 'Only', yet it is the magazine for my rifle which is a control round feed. The (EC) specifically states (CRF), yet this magazine will not fit my rifle housing. How clearer can I present this issue? A reply is appreciated. Thank you for being on an even keel, more so than many here. I did not realize, or maybe refused to believe that there are better people here, "only more of the same delving upon delusion, ready to discredit or mock others. In this respect, there was never any intention, none, of applying these traits or false values to L.C.

As I've stated, several times before this, I do not know much about the DBM rifles and/or magazines - as I've not had one in the shop, nor have I ever owned one or handled one, or even seen one.. As to the difference of the DBM "E" vs. DBM "EC", I just don't know. There are no references to these magazine in the parts books. And, IMHO, you're obsessing about minutiae that has zero to do with your particular rifle...

Your rifle came with, and uses, the DBM "E" box... That's it. Don't worry about anything else... You'll sleep better at night.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
@ Redneck

In a certain respect, you are within reason of me being somewhat obsessed in trying to find an answer for the (E) and (EC) magazines. However, I've received comments via this thread or through PM stating the (EC) is for my rifle. This type of incorrect assertions just infuriates me to no end. When I research something, I like to acquire an answer if the path moves into months. In the interim, I've contacted the Kittery trading Post and shall speak with John who has thirty-six years of Winchester history.

* Seeing this rifle is a collectible, I wish to have all the documentation relevant for future use. Unfortunately, I tried to obtain an original copy of my invoice but the B.A.F. purged the records two years ago, so I'm out of luck. The invoice I have is a 'carbon copy', as the writing has worn off. I do maintain the original receipt that is clearly documented, as well as the Service No., as shipping to Winchester in New Haven CT. Do you believe that Winchester could not provide me information regarding who the rifle was shipped to: (Retailer). The only document Winchester maintains is the Service Ticket and the Master Gunsmith who built my rifle, Victor Manzari. They can provide nothing further. Thank you very much for the continued support you have provided.

Last edited by Synoptic; 12/19/17.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Let's break this down realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll simple. You have a mag that fits your rifle now. You have the option to buy the same exact mag that will fit your rifle. BUY THE FRICKING THING......

P.S. nurse ratchet is on the way with her little white Dixie cup. Filled up to the brim with OCD meds for ya, and a juice box to help that handful of Skittles go down... she is also gonna whisper in your ear , that your rifle isn't as valuable as you want it too be.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Jesus h f u c k I n g Christ, it's a gawt damm new haven model 70, not a f u c k ing blueprint for a space shuttle..... what is this ??? The 24hr campfire version of model 70 "jeopardy".

Nope, my vote is for another Larry Root incarnation.

Swifty
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by renegade50

Nope, my vote is for another Larry Root incarnation.

So you think Joan Crawford has risen from the grave? 😃😃😃 Larry must have a 3 page spread sheet to keep track of all of his sock puppets and passwords.😃😃😃

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Firearms create a lot of different hobbies. Some of us are hunters, some reloaders, gun collectors, etc. Then there are those that take pleasure in picking the fly sheit out of the pepper and feel like they have accomplished something when they’re done.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hey synoptic, why aint ya making super techy post on this anymore...... gotta work on that f u c k e d up barrel 270 thread I geuss.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Go play this techy i know it all s h i t on the winchester collectors forum. They will gouge out your eyes with a dull spoon and use em on a treble hook for catfish bait.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 20 invisible), 1,947 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 15 (0.003s) Memory: 0.9057 MB (Peak: 1.0862 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2024-04-24 06:19:10 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS