Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
so, my 13yo son has got a hankering for a lever action 22lr. what are y'alls thoughts on the current production browning bl-22 grade 1. accuracy,fit&finish and overall quality?? imma bolt guy so when he asked me about a lever action 22lr i was taken a back. thought about a henry but it seems as they dont have a steel receiver and with the current $75 rebate from browning the price wouldn't be but maybe $100 difference in the 2. it would be nice if marlin still made the 39a and winchester still made the 9422 but i digress.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not a thing wrong with the BLR-22. I don't own one personally, but I've shot the crap out of a Buddy's that I grew up with. And CDNN has some great sales on them right now with an additional Browning Rebate.

As far the Henry lever action 22 rifles, I've never seen one that didn't jam. You couldn't give me one.

Here ya go: https://www.cdnnsports.com/browning-bl22-22lr-micro-midas-lever-action.html

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/18/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
sweet, thanks instructor. is cdnn legit? ive never ordered a gun from them. are the guns new or factory seconds?

Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whitearrow
sweet, thanks instructor. is cdnn legit? ive never ordered a gun from them. are the guns new or factory seconds?

They are legit. And the largest wholesellers in TX. Been in business for at least 30 years. I've bought quite a few guns from them without a hitch. The Brownings are new guns. They do sell Police trade-ins from time to time. But they will list them as such in their adds.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/18/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Well chlinstructor I just did it. I ordered a BL-22 grade 2 for my 13yo son from CDNN. I'm still very skeptical due to the price but the guy assured me they were brand new sealed box from Browning,because I asked him if he could pick me one out with some good figure in the wood. He said box is sealed and they can't break the seal. If anybody is looking for a BL-22 they are $150-75 less at CDNN than what I could do locally. Thanks for the intel instructor. You helped make a lil boy very happy come Christmas Day.

Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whitearrow
Well chlinstructor I just did it. I ordered a BL-22 grade 2 for my 13yo son from CDNN. I'm still very skeptical due to the price but the guy assured me they were brand new sealed box from Browning,because I asked him if he could pick me one out with some good figure in the wood. He said box is sealed and they can't break the seal. If anybody is looking for a BL-22 they are $150-75 less at CDNN than what I could do locally. Thanks for the intel instructor. You helped make a lil boy very happy come Christmas Day.

Your Welcome! I hope your son enjoys it. Merry Christmas !

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I ordered a BL22 FLD Grade 2 upon my retirement back in May. Haven't seen it yet. Last word was that The Supplier said that Browning just isn't shipping them. About to give up. Hope The Boy gets it for Christmas. Good luck on your order.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Taconic11
I ordered a BL22 FLD Grade 2 upon my retirement back in May. Haven't seen it yet. Last word was that The Supplier said that Browning just isn't shipping them. About to give up. Hope The Boy gets it for Christmas. Good luck on your order.

Sounds to me like your dealer is giving you the run around. CDNN has tons of them in stock in four different versions. You can order direct from them and have it shipped to any FFL Dealer you choose, and recieve it in 3 days or less any where in the lower 48.

Better hurry, though, as the $75 Rebate from Browning expires on Dec 31, 2017

Here ya go: https://www.cdnnsports.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=browning%20bl22

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/20/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
if CDNN is as good as what they show they are a good outfit. they have alot to lose on this deal as they have a model 70 i really want thats wayyyy more than $529. but, imma see how this deal plays out first. within minutes i got an email with my receipt and a few more hrs a tracking number of being shipped. the dude said they are flying off the shelf at these prices though. so, ya better get on the stick so to speak and cancel the order with your lgs and call em asap. and yeah instructor the big incentive was the $75 rebate as with the rebate the browning is about $75 more than a henry.

Last edited by whitearrow; 12/20/17.

Col. Townsend Whelen
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks. More specific- FLD Grade 2 in Nickel. I'll check it out. The shop told me that if I could find a supplier, they would be happy to receive thru their FFL.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Taconic11
The shop told me that if I could find a supplier, they would be happy to receive thru their FFL.

Better pin them down on what they'll happily charge you to receive it. Some retail shops want their profit margin and tax on top of what CDNN charges you. CDNN has a list of preferred dealers that they have an FFL on file for along with their transfer fee (generally $20-$35). It's as simple as selecting the dealer when you check out and it's on the way, although calling the dealer ahead of time to clear it is a good idea.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You son has good taste. The Browning is a sweet little rifle. I have a Henry and after 1000’s rounds it hasn’t jammed yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The BL22 is kind of a "tweener" gun. A little big for a real little kid, and a little small for a full grown kid....like me.

Having said that, I've owned 2 and still have one. Great little rifles, accurate and dependable mine have been. The one I still have I bought new and used/abused the crap out of it.

Once I found the Marlin 39a I don't use my Browning much anymore.

Perfect lever gun for a 13yr/old.

Black Cows Matter!
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
well, got the bl-22 grade 2 in from cdnn and it was as advertised. it came with a mighty beautiful classic looking browning high varnish kinda light walnut stock. fit and finish are excellent and i've cycled thru a few rounds but haven't fired it as of yet. i will say if you baby the lever it doesn't wanna push the cartridge up high enough to feed into the chamber. but, if you flick the action with some vigor it works just fine. i hope to fire the rifle and see what kinda accuracy we will get out of my boys new rifle tomorrow. i will post up when i shoot it some.i will say there is something about that preservative grease that browning uses that took me waaaaaaaaay back to my childhood. i could close my eyes and take a whiff and be holding the browning BAR 22 my dad bought me when i was 15yrs old. man i love that smell ha!

Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Now you're gonna have to get him the SA22 to go along with it......

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
we will see huntsman. he wants a Remington model 572 pump now. i mighta created a rimfire beast lol! i'd rather spend money on guns vs video games though.

Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
no, no noooo..... Don't let him go there. With the good taste he has shown already, let him fondle a win 61. or if he likes a hammer, a 62-A.....

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
ha we will see bud. i think my boy has watched a lil too much "the rifleman" tv show lol.

Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Does he call you Pa?.....

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Ha huntsman not quite pa but pops is close. well, we went out back and shot the doggone thing and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of the BL-22. at 15yds i put 5 into 1 raged hole,when i figure out how to post pics i will of this feat, and at 25yds it shot 5 into 1" and with a scope i'm fairly certain i could significantly shrink those groups to a touch above moa. no malf ftf or fte at all as long as you flick the lever. it has an affinity for cci standard velo 40grain. i had to bottom the rear sight out to get it to shoot poa to poi at 15yds and a touch hi at 25yds. we shot prolly 100 or so rds out of it and my boy and his Pa had a blast. now to scope it or not is the question and see what it really will do? oh i almost forgot my trigger is pretty heavy so if that was 3lb or even 4lb i could really do work with this cowboy shootin' iron.

Col. Townsend Whelen
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.