Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
m77 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pete53
I have used and sold both brand scopes ,you may not like my short answer, niteforce scopes are expensive but you get also what you paid for. comparing the two brands the niteforce is 10 times the scope to any busnell ,I would never put a bushnell on my hunting rifle or my son`s.

Nightforce is not 10 times the LRHS. Maybe a step above, but the LRHS is just about impossible to beat for the price. I have absolutely no problems with my Bushnells and they have been hunted hard.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by m77
Originally Posted by pete53
I have used and sold both brand scopes ,you may not like my short answer, niteforce scopes are expensive but you get also what you paid for. comparing the two brands the niteforce is 10 times the scope to any busnell ,I would never put a bushnell on my hunting rifle or my son`s.

Nightforce is not 10 times the LRHS. Maybe a step above, but the LRHS is just about impossible to beat for the price. I have absolutely no problems with my Bushnells and they have been hunted hard.

Really depends on the features you want. I don't like that the NXS are now all SFP. I don't like that they don't have capped or locking windage. I like the SHV and ATACR for capped windage and they offer some FFP in both of those lines. I like the ease to set the zero stop better on the LRHS. I also like the 10 MIL per rev on the LRHS or NXS compared to the 5 of the SHV. Of course the ATACR has 12 mil per rev. smile I like that the LRHS can be had for roughly the same price as the SHV comparable but the feature set is a bit better. I think the LRHS has a better in FFP reticle for my uses for hunting. But the SFP 5.5-22 MOAR-T is way nice if wanting to shoot way out there with the thin cross hair......but also know I can't shoot well enough to take full advantage of that and also that realistically I won't be hunting at those distances so its moot. wink

Just pro and cons to both just like anything else. But to say the LRHS line is 1/10 the scope of a Nightforce SHV 3-10 or 4-14 I think would be hilarious at best. I have NF SHV and NXS and still likely pick of an ATACR at some point, but also have 3 LRHS and a couple DMR2 as well....none of them suck IMO. smile That said I am still VERY new to this game and these are just my observations after owning and using some of these scope.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've had several NXS compacts, all went down the road in favor of the LRHS. I prefer the LRHS even if the cost were the same.

What I don't like about the NXS,

SFP - Give me a FFP
Reticle & Illumination - I prefer a more substantial reticle and prefer NOT to need illumination.
Exposed windage turret
5 MIL per revolution. LRHS = 10

If NF would make a 30mm version of the ATACR 4-16x42 F1 I'd be all over it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Scott who makes that windage adjustable top on your rest?

Dave,

Produced by Bald Eagle.

https://www.bullets.com/products/Plain-Rest-Slingshot-Cast-Iron/BE1130

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I've had several NXS compacts, all went down the road in favor of the LRHS. I prefer the LRHS even if the cost were the same.

SFP - Give me a FFP
Reticle & Illumination - I prefer a more substantial reticle and prefer NOT to need illumination.
Exposed windage turret

The new NXS are 10 Mil per rev as welll.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

SFP - Give me a FFP
Exposed windage turret

I've only sighted it in and hunted once but those two are the big ones for me regarding the NXS. I chose the illuminated IHR based on it being the "heaviest" of their reticles. In thick/shadowed backgrounds the thin floating crosshair gets lost. No reason for the hollowed sections of the main post as they do nothing to help and make it harder to bracket anything. On a solid background I like the thin floating crosshair but it's to easy to lose in the woods. In open areas it likely wouldn't be a concern. Hoping to see how well it shows up on hide soon....

I can live with the exposed windage but would prefer it capped. It did change a 1/4 MOA when carried in an Eberlestock pack Saturday. Could have been when I put it in or took it out, not sure.

I've only shot the LRHS once and haven't hunted with it yet but feel it is going to be the better hunting scope.

After a few months with both I'll know more.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by SKane

Dave,

Produced by Bald Eagle.

Dave,

Produced by Bald Eagle.

[quote=Ackleyfan]

Dave,

Produced by Bald Eagle.

https://www.bullets.com/products/Plain-Rest-Slingshot-Cast-Iron/BE1130[/quote

I like it .....looks very well made!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave,

It's rather "robust". *grins*
aalf turned me onto that one. Hard to argue with the price too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

Are you certain that the "Compacts" are 10 MILS? I know the other scopes in the NSX line are 10 but all the compacts I've had were 5. Of course their website doesn't specify and the pic on the website is a capped turret.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Opps. Mine is MOA....not sure about MIL. I'll check tonight...

Last edited by JCMCUBIC; 12/19/17. Reason: MOA not MIL
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Are you certain that the "Compacts" are 10 MILS? I know the other scopes in the NSX line are 10 but all the compacts I've had were 5. Of course their website doesn't specify and the pic on the website is a capped turret.

Oh I don’t know about the compacts...sorry I didn’t see you specify the compact model in your previous post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Took some digging and this dude doing the review is a total goober but less than 1 min into the video you can see it’s a high speed 20 moa turret.....so the new turrets on the compacts are high speed and 20 moa or 10 mil just like the rest of the nxs line....I learned something today smile

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSyV7ryllGQ

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Cool

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
A lot of discussion on the illuminated vs non-illuminated reticles. Anyone try the LRHSi? I have the LRTSi (tactical version of the LRHSi) and they got the illumination right. Daylight visible on full bright and just barely visible at full dark on its lowest setting. That being said, on the illuminated versions, the reticle is a smidge bolder, making it more visible in low light than the standard reticle even when turned off.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Curious as to why the illuminated feature is not offered on the 3-12x44 LRHS

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Curious as to why the illuminated feature is not offered on the 3-12x44 LRHS

I’ve always wondered about that too. They DO offer it on the 3-12 LRTSi. The only difference between the LRHS and LRTS is the LRTS has:

Throw lever on magnification
Locking windage turret vs capped
No donut of death on the reticle.

Having had both, I have no preference between the two. Both are superb scopes.

3-12 LRTSi

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Took some digging and this dude doing the review is a total goober but less than 1 min into the video you can see it’s a high speed 20 moa turret.....so the new turrets on the compacts are high speed and 20 moa or 10 mil just like the rest of the nxs line....I learned something today smile

I missed this earlier, but isn't 20 MOA gonna be a little over 5 MIL?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Dave,

It's rather "robust". *grins*
aalf turned me onto that one. Hard to argue with the price too.

I have the heavy Caldwell Rock BR and the base is not to bad but the top is pretty much junk, been thinking about swapping it out if it's possible, and when I saw yours it got me thinking again that I need a new one ..........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I missed this earlier, but isn't 20 MOA gonna be a little over 5 MIL?

You are correct. NF just like SWFA has 10 MOA and 5 MIL per rev turrets on their older NXS and current SHVs. The new high speed turrets on the NXS line are 20 MOA or 10 MIL (34 MOA roughly) per rev.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.