Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A different take on Donald Trump - A non-political agenda.

Mychal S. Massie is an ordained minister who spent 13 years in full-time Christian Ministry. Today he serves as founder and Chairman of the Racial Policy Center (RPC), a think tank he officially founded in September 2015.

Trump Is Not A Liberal or Conservative, He's a "Pragmatist."

(Definition: A pragmatist is someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. A pragmatist usually has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her.)

"We recently enjoyed a belated holiday dinner with friends at the home of other friends. The dinner conversation varied from discussions about antique glass and china to theology and politics.

At one point, reference was made to Donald Trump being a conservative, to which I responded that Trump is not a conservative.

I said that I neither view nor do I believe Trump views himself as a conservative. I stated it was my opinion that Trump is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn't see the problem as liberal or conservative, he sees it only as a problem. That is a quality that should be admired and applauded, not condemned. But I get ahead of myself.

Viewing problems from a Liberal perspective has resulted in the creation of more problems, more entitlement programs, more victims, more government, more political correctness, and more attacks on the working class in all economic strata.

Viewing things according to the so-called Republican conservative perspective has brought continued spending and globalism to the detriment of American interests and well- being, denial of what the real problems are, weak, ineffective, milquetoast, leadership that amounts to Barney Fife Deputy Sheriff, appeasement oriented and afraid of its own shadow. In brief, it has brought liberal ideology with a pachyderm as a mascot juxtaposed to the ass of the Democrat Party.

Immigration isn't a Republican problem – it isn't a Liberal problem – it is a problem that threatens the very fabric and infrastructure of America. It demands a pragmatic approach not an approach that is intended to appease one group or another.

The impending collapse of the economy isn't a Liberal or Conservative problem, it is an American problem. That said, until it is viewed as a problem that demands a common sense approach to resolution, it will never be fixed because the Democrats and Republicans know only one way to fix things and the longevity of their impracticality has proven to have no lasting effect.

Successful businessmen like Donald Trump find ways to make things work, they do not promise to accommodate.

Trump uniquely understands that China's manipulation of currency is not a Republican problem or a Democrat problem. It is a problem that threatens our financial stability and he understands the proper balance needed to fix it.

Here again, successful businessmen like Trump who have weathered the changing tides of economic reality understand what is necessary to make business work, and they, unlike both sides of the political aisle, know that if something doesn't work, you don't continue trying to make it work hoping that at some point it will.

As a pragmatist, Donald Trump hasn't made wild pie-in-the-sky promises of a cell phone in every pocket, free college tuition, and a $15 hour minimum wage for working the drive-through at Carl's Hamburgers.

I argue that America needs pragmatists because pragmatists see a problem and find ways to fix them. They do not see a problem and compound it by creating more problems.

You may not like Donald Trump, but I suspect that the reason some people do not like him is because:

(1) he is antithetical to the "good old boy" method of brokering backroom deals that fatten the coffers of politicians;

(2) they are unaccustomed to hearing a candidate speak who is unencumbered by the financial shackles of those who owe them vis-a-vis donations;

(3) he is someone who is free of idiomatic political ideology; and

(4) he is someone who understands that it takes more than hollow promises and political correctness to make America great again.

Listening to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders talk about fixing America is like listening to two lunatics trying to "out crazy" one another. Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Marco Rubio are owned lock, stock, and barrel by the bankers, corporations, and big dollar donors funding their campaigns. Bush can deny it, but common sense tells anyone willing to face facts is that people don't give tens of millions without expecting something in return

We have had Democrats and Republican ideologues and what has it brought us? Are we better off today or worse off? Has it happened overnight or has it been a steady decline brought on by both parties?

I submit that a pragmatist might be just what America needs right now. People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance, but that is common among those who have never accomplished anything in their lives (or politicians who never really solved a problem, because it's better to still have an "issue(s) to be solved," so re-elect me to solve it, (which never happens) and those who have always played it safe (again, all politicians) not willing to risk failure, to try and achieve success).

Donald Trump had his total financial empire at risk in running for president; that says it all. Success for the U.S.!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
BP-B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
" I do not believe Trump views himself as a conservative. I stated it was my opinion that Trump is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn't see the problem as liberal or conservative, he sees it only as a problem."

I don't believe he is, or views himself as such either.

The rest is spot on.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
+1 I think Your take on this is pretty spot on.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I believe that article articulated exactly how I’ve felt far better than I could have.

Excellent article and thanks for posting it OrangeOkie. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Best assessment of Trump yet. At least how it's written/put together. I can sum it up in two words: AMERICA FIRST

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First time I've heard anybody from a "think tank" say something that made any sense.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump is a pragmatist aand ran on a populist agenda. Not exactly breaking news.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And that is it in a nutshell. Pragmatist

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like it. Maybe be need a Pragmatist Party and the Dems and GOP can all go away.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hammer, meet the nail! Very good assessment of what's wrong, and the type of people we need to fix it.
Thanks for posting.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Well though out article

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Here's to what works.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I've been saying that about Trump from the beginning--he doesn't approach or talk about issues/problems like a politician because he is not beholden to other interests in the way politicians are.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TTT, This deserves another run through.....

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't help but reflect on this nations good fortune at his winning. The enormity of the difference I feel when looking into the coming year vs what we might all be feeling had she who should not be named had won. Absolute wonder.

God Bless.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I can't help but reflect on this nations good fortune at his winning. The enormity of the difference I feel when looking into the coming year vs what we might all be feeling had she who should not be named had won. Absolute wonder.

God Bless.

+1 on that, and most of what all of you have already put down.

What would life be like under HRC the 1st?

We know where the SCOTUS would be. We know there would be an immediate push to national healthcare to "fix" Obamacare. We know that illegal immigration would be worse and amnesty for all would be here. We know that the energy sector would crash while billions would be shoveled to cronies in the "clean energy" experiments would go. We know our military would continue to degrade. We know that another jump in minimum wage would squeeze out more entry level jobs and make unemployment rise , not fall. I doubt the Dow would be continuing to climb. I know there would be no reduction in corporate taxes, and trillions would remain locked in other countries. I know that we would be challenged internationally in the Ukraine, in Iraq/Syria/ in the South china sea, in Korea worse than now. We know that HRC would have a love fest with Merkel and that boy toy in France and the three would continue to flood Europe with Muslims and African refugees hastening the doom of Western culture.

Sometime you need a scalpel to the job, and sometimes a blunt instrument is needed. Thank goodness for Trump.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by centershot
TTT, This deserves another run through.....

+1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The article sums him up perfectly , and reminds me of how sickening some of the constant comments about Trump were pre election .

Crap talking him when we've seen over and over for years and years what both parties do ''NOTHING'' . Just more blathering on and spending us deeper into debt year after year until we stand at the brink of economic collapse .

Why so many people wanted another politician in office is/was beyond me .

Great article MAGA !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good comments all !
Hatari big +1 as usual .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Great low comedy!

Thanks for posting

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
384 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.