Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Ive been having intermittent problems with my Siamese Mauser. 45-70. Seems that if I cycle the bolt anything less than very forcibly, the next round in the magazine seems to lock the bolt from coming back. Is this common or expected? This is my newbie stage of having a Siamese action, so I'm not sure. Anything I can check on my own? Any tips to where in the magazine I should be loading round ( all the way to the back, etc?). Any recommendations for a good Mauser smith in Western N.Y. or Western PA?,

Last edited by Chumleyhunts; 12/08/17.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where does it stop the bolt? I am sure you are putting each rim in front of the one under it...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bolt gets stopped 1/4 to 1/3 of the way back. Should they be loaded "stacked" one in front of the other?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes to the rims stacked forward of each other. i have never had any problem with mine but that is the way i have always loaded

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Bolt gets stopped 1/4 to 1/3 of the way back. Should they be loaded "stacked" one in front of the other?

Not likely it is the rim stopping the bolt, and stopping that far forward leads me to believe it is more likely a glitch somewhere else caused by the bolt being held in a particular attitude...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
When you pull the bolt back the extractor collar around the bolt has to jump over the rim of the top round in the magazine.
Check the bolt collar edge and the edge of the groove in the bolt. If the fit is poor either edge could catch on the rim of the top round.
Also check to see if the bolt is hanging on the receiver bridge when pushed upward by rounds in the magazine.
If you need me to I can look at it with Skype. Let me know. I built one in 1972 and had no issues with it. Back then the original military rifle cost me $12.

Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Ive been having intermittent problems with my Siamese Mauser. 45-70. Seems that if I cycle the bolt anything less than very forcibly, the next round in the magazine seems to lock the bolt from coming back. Is this common or expected? This is my newbie stage of having a Siamese action, so I'm not sure. Anything I can check on my own? Any tips to where in the magazine I should be loading round ( all the way to the back, etc?). Any recommendations for a good Mauser smith in Western N.Y. or Western PA?,

N

Last edited by ireload2; 12/21/17.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

352 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 30 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,449
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.