Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by HitnRun
You have to admit the "Campfire" is the litmus test for virtue and character. With all the friends of Steelhead and other disgusting posts on this board, it is a mystery why America doesn't come here for a moral compass.

It's pretty clear you don't have a clue. If you don't like the Fire, waste time, ours and yours, somewhere else.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by 45_100
This will pretty much destroy any credibility Sarah Palin will have in the future. Your personal and family life is a reflection of you principles. Sorry to hear about this. I expected different.

Not Sarah nor Todd's principles. See AlaskaCub's response.

Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Sucks to raise a kid to have him become a man and then deal with his severe drug and severe mental health problems, don’t wish that on anyone.

Ed

Indeed.

AODA is a glass house that most families find themselves living in without any blame whatsoever accruing to anyone but the person abusing drugs. Even moreso with serious mental illness. And the move-in date is never of your choosing.

Throwing stones from that position is highly problematic. The folks who do soon find themselves dealing with a cold draft.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Chit happens.

The biggest take away I get from this story is to not pull a gun unless you intend to use it...

Someone may take it away from you, and use it themselves.

That's my take on it as well.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Chit happens.

The biggest take away I get from this story is to not pull a gun unless you intend to use it...

Someone may take it away from you, and use it themselves.

That's my take on it as well.

Having had to actually consider it (for BIL,not son) and not wanting to deal with the family relationship consequences, it becomes very important to have more tools than just the "hammer".

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This will pretty much destroy any credibility Sarah Palin will have in the future. Your personal and family life is a reflection of you principles. Sorry to hear about this. I expected different.

Sucks to raise a kid to have him become a man and then deal with his severe drug and severe mental health problems, don’t wish that on anyone.

Ed

Indeed.

AODA is a glass house that most families find themselves living in without any blame whatsoever accruing to anyone but the person abusing drugs. Even moreso with serious mental illness. And the move-in date is never of your choosing.

Throwing stones from that position is highly problematic. The folks who do soon find themselves dealing with a cold draft.

As usual I’m in complete agreement with you and appreciate your thoughts. The notion that addiction is what happens from lack of good parenting, morals, or principles is false on its face. If the addiction accompanies mental illness it is magnified by several orders of magnitude. I fault the parents of addicts (not all) as much as I fault the parents of a child with leukemia. If you’ve never had those struggles and your grown children never had those problems I’d suggest falling to your knees and thanking God and pray that your grandchildren are as lucky. My heart ached for Biden loosing his son to cancer the same as my hearts aches for the Palins; authentically and without regard to their political affiliations.

Our boys are coming home from war and struggling with PTSD while society looks down their noses at them and their “weakness”. I dream of the good things I could do if I hit the powerball and while a new truck and boat would be my selfish indulgence I dream of being able to use that to create a place where our vets could deal with their demons and overcome their illness. There’s a man in West Virginia that would be my first stop to visit and seek advice from because not a day goes by that I don’t think of his son or the grace with which he’s displayed in spite of such a heartbreaking loss. The number of brave warriors that we lose everyday to suicide is a national disgrace!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
... & an opiate abuser...

Surely you have proof of this? Link?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Ed

Indeed.

I think that a significant number of people diagnosed with some sort of mental illness are a product of the health system, otherwise psychiatrists and psychologists wouldn't have enough "real" patients to justify their existence.

One of my oldest friends has had to deal with a son who is addicted to oxycontin and alcohol. The man has been in and out of drug rehab multiple times over the past 15 years and continues to tear his family apart. About a year ago, his mother told me that she wished that he would die, so that the family could start to heal. The last time I heard from him he asked for a "loan" and hung up on me when I told him that I wouldn't be his enabler.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

As usual I’m in complete agreement with you and appreciate your thoughts. The notion that addiction is what happens from lack of good parenting, morals, or principles is false on its face. If the addiction accompanies mental illness it is magnified by several orders of magnitude. I fault the parents of addicts (not all) as much as I fault the parents of a child with leukemia. If you’ve never had those struggles and your grown children never had those problems I’d suggest falling to your knees and thanking God and pray that your grandchildren are as lucky. My heart ached for Biden loosing his son to cancer the same as my hearts aches for the Palins; authentically and without regard to their political affiliations.

Our boys are coming home from war and struggling with PTSD while society looks down their noses at them and their “weakness”. I dream of the good things I could do if I hit the powerball and while a new truck and boat would be my selfish indulgence I dream of being able to use that to create a place where our vets could deal with their demons and overcome their illness. There’s a man in West Virginia that would be my first stop to visit and seek advice from because not a day goes by that I don’t think of his son or the grace with which he’s displayed in spite of such a heartbreaking loss. The number of brave warriors that we lose everyday to suicide is a national disgrace!

Good post.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

They've all been white trash from the beginning, please give me a break.

What do you mean by white trash? Are you using that like white people do when they use the N word?

Yes,
When you stand on your moral ground of conservative beliefs, and run your political campaign platform on those given rules...then have your own families actions contradict, by getting knocked up out of wedlock & an opiate abuser that assaults his father ?

Last I saw there were many threads with members saying let the opiate addicts die, it purges our society of the unclean...now "we" feel bad the son is a druggie that thumped his Dad ? Stay consistent people, Palin doesn't get a pass because she's "conservative".

Like I said, their true colors have been flown for a while,,,hanging out with Ted Nugent at the White House doesn't change 1 thing, they're white trash.

I am against using public money to revive people who choose to take recreational drugs and overdose themselves. If they want to buy Narcan for themselves and have a friend or family member administer it that is fine with me, but public money shouldn't be wasted on people who self-inflect injury upon themselves. IMO, an addict who dies from an overdoes has reaped his/her reward for choosing to use recreational drugs and make no mistake, every addict makes a consciou s choice to use recreational drugs, at least for the first time.

And no health care for people with bad diets. No saving drunk drivers. Or speeding/ careless drivers. Anyone who bad choice.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by HitnRun
You have to admit the "Campfire" is the litmus test for virtue and character. With all the friends of Steelhead and other disgusting posts on this board, it is a mystery why America doesn't come here for a moral compass.

Ok Sharpnel.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
humans, needless to say of what political expression, are a violent species. we kill things. even each other. don't believe it? just look it up, and do a bit of research.

folks here on the Urth are trying to survive, in the face of many challenges and difficulties.

said another way, corrollary damage is not to be desired, but it exists.

i wonder what is it going to take for humans to become civilized? are there too many males, full of testosterone, walking around and causing trouble?

it's something to think about, even though no one is about to take any kind of action.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by add
I imagine the left is going to make some hay on this. Probably demonize the Palin family and use it for some strange political statement.

The left's fault!

But, remember that Track Palin is an Iraq combat vet and is said to suffer from PTSD. I don't know if he fell into drugs like so many of those men do, but Alaska has a terrible drug problem.

Alaska's fault!

If this must somehow play into the political theater let it play like this. Track is a representation of just how the Obama administration treated combat vets.

Obama's fault!

Well..... If the left shows extreme insensitivity to the actions of a man who served his country and suffers for it, while at the same time holding up some damned thug who assaulted a police officer then charged him resulting in him getting shot. Yeah, I'd say that is their fault.

I can't imagine how hard it is to interdict drugs in a state like Alaska. Damn near impossible in Ohio which has a very bad problem, so much harder in a huge state like Alaska.

Anybody who thinks Obama and his administration is not directly and knowingly responsible for failing our vets is a [bleep] fool.

Sorry, I don't agree with this.

While PTSD does exist, I'm getting a bit tired of it getting trotted out as a defense against all bad behavior. I personally know a local dopehead that trots out the PTSD defense every time he's busted with dope. He had a job as a civilian forklift driver on Bagram air base for a while and he tries to use the fact that he was once in Afghanistan as an excuse for being a dopehead. Fortunately very few fall for it.

The Palins live on a lake in Wasilla, they're four miles from a Walmart Supercenter. They're not living in some remote village where drugs are harder to interdict than in Ohio.

There's no bigger Obama hater than me, but this isn't his fault. Sometimes a punk is just a punk and needs either locking up or his butt kicked, or both.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
So we can not use the term white trash anymore?
I suppose we are not allowed to use the word wigger to describe people like Eminem ether.

No indeed. I don't believe in censorship. I merely am of the opinion that using such disparaging terms is ugly, and often, if not always, says more about the person using the term than anything else.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Sounds like they need a warmer climate. Maybe West Virginia or Arkansas......

West Virginia isn't for everyone and that's a good thing. smile

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The people I met and talked to in Alaska were conservative people but had nothing for the Palins. Said she was not what she seems on TV. Trash was one of the descriptions used.
My opinion was favorable from what I saw of her but the family dynamics indicate that something isn't quite right.
As a man and a father I can't imagine one of my sons coming in my house and whipping my ass. I would fight like a tiger to make sure that didn't happen.And I wouldn't feel sorry for them if they challenged me.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Likely most everyone has their own demons to deal with, but a PTSD victim's family/friends are forced to also share the victim's suffering. I was a PTSD skeptic until after a non-drinking/druggie Christian relative returned after one year service in Afghanistan. Two weeks in,his base unit was suicide bombed and under face to face fire for thirty six hours. For the next several months he lived in fear of food poison, (friendly soldier suicide bombers) , from the Afgahns friends within their compound. Yes PTSD is real and crushes everyone surrounding it. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The people I met and talked to in Alaska were conservative people but had nothing for the Palins. Said she was not what she seems on TV. Trash was one of the descriptions used.
My opinion was favorable from what I saw of her but the family dynamics indicate that something isn't quite right.
As a man and a father I can't imagine one of my sons coming in my house and whipping my ass. I would fight like a tiger to make sure that didn't happen.And I wouldn't feel sorry for them if they challenged me.

Before the good people of Alaska let Sarah and her family get run out of office with feverous law suits, she had the highest approval ratings of any governor in the country.
Every state but Alaska protected their governors from that trash treatment. Alaska did not get around to doing that until after she was gone.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 12/20/17.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Was not an issue prior.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sarah Palin has mentioned the issue of vets and PTSD and tries to relate issue to her sons problems with the law...

From my understanding he was in a combat zone, but was assigned to an armored vehicle based 'air guard' role
that looked after the security of high brass away from the frontline.

Question -
does Track Palin actually have verifiable medically diagnosed combat related PTSD..?

did he earn a CIB signifying active ground combat?

calling LE peasants, it is possible he actually suffers from Palin related Affluenza?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sarah Palin has mentioned the issue of vets and PTSD and tries to relate issue to her sons problems with the law...

She's looking the wrong direction. She needs to look inward. When her oldest child was only 3 years old, she entered politics and has been active ever since. She's never been home to be a mother. You can argue women's rights or women's emancipation all you like, but when Mom is out in the workforce and not home with the kids, the kids will suffer. They need to know that Mom is always right there to help them through the small problems and that Dad will be home later to help her solve the big ones. She wasn't there. She was at city council meetings, running around campaigning for this or that issue, or sitting in the statehouse. You can't do that and expect your kids to have a normal home life. Women's lib has been very destructive to our country.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 808outdoors, 21, 1973cb450, 12 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.