Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I tried to like Mini 14's way back, not too long ago too.
Didn't happen.
Am NOT an AR15 fan.........but AR work better and feel better to me too.

Like the guy said upstream.............Mini 14 market..........who's buying?

As for thumb safeties..........don't bother me at all.
No issues for the last 30 yrs on P35 or 1911.
I do however refuse to own any gun that has one that works in opposite direction.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/23/17.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fburgtx
An affordable alternative to an AR (which is why they sold so many in decades past)?? Not anymore.

The only "assumption" I made regarding the Mini, is that it has transitioned from a "cheap" plinker to an "expensive" plinker. Perhaps it is "competitive" with Springfield Armory's M1A's. If YOU somehow "assume" that it is a match grade target rifle, a long range varmint rifle, or a viable modern law enforcement weapon, I'd say there are plenty of folks who'd disagree with you.

I never said or implied any of the above. The mini is in no way a direct competitor to the AR. As for the assumptions, yours are not so much about the accuracy or reliability (although that's an issue with more to the story) as they are about the people who buy them.

Back to the OP.

Ruger has been guilty of employing customers as beta testers, of late (I guess "employing" would actually imply some payment. More like "volunteering" in this case) . I have no intention of filling that role. But if or when the S9 demonstrates reliability on par with the Glock or M&P line, they may be on to something, and I'll have to give it a look.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I haven't even seen, let alone handle this gun. But I do have experience with the LC9s and SR9C pistols. Unlike Glocks or most other striker fired pistols both of these have very light short trigger pulls. Actually lighter than most out of the box 1911's. I wouldn't want one with a trigger this light without a safety anymore than I'd want to carry a 1911 cocked and locked with no safety. And I'm familiar enough with 1911's that the safety doesn't bother me. If it does, just don't use it.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Excellant video.I personally only own pistols with a thumb safety on them.I wonder if they will make one in a 40?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thank gawd, when it comes to firearms, there's something for everyone, from a variety of manufacturers. We all have our opinions on what constitutes a great handgun or rifle. In my opinion, Ruger should have stuck to single action revolvers in their handgun line up. Ive yet to handle and shoot a DA revolver or one of their pistols that feel and operate correct to me. They look cheaply made, bulky, clunky, heavily cast with poor hand feel, but do have a reliable reputation to function well
As for their rifle line up, I believe they should have stuck with #1s', M77s' and the mini 14 and all would be good.
The DA revolvers I own, are S&W pre lock, simply the best, and not just my opinion. Any knowledgeable revolver shooter, either competitive or defensive user would agree. I simply would not own or use a Ruger pistol, although I can understand their draw for casual shooters with thrift in mind and the ability to get out and plink, without dropping a lot of cash for another brand. Their SA revolvers are terrific, Ive owned and used a bunch over the years, top notch in my book.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Huntz
Excellant video.I personally only own pistols with a thumb safety on them.I wonder if they will make one in a 40?

Careful Huntz, you just might get called an idiot for actually using a safety. When Steely called me that, it took me days to stop - - - laughing.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Careful Huntz, you just might get called an idiot for actually using a safety. When Steely called me that, it took me days to stop - - - laughing.

I bet your parents are still laughing, you liberal PIECE OF SHIET

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by cooper57m

I bet your parents are still laughing, you liberal PIECE OF SHIET

laugh

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This pistol is similar to a full-grown lcp II ,,,? So I take it it's not a striker-fired pistol it's kind of like a modified Hammer system? As for a safety on pistols I've got both some with safety some without. I have no problems with a pistol with a safety either don't use it or get used to using it either way. Now I have to safety can be easily bumped in engaged during fire that is not good or if it's way too hard to disengage when you want to fire that's not good either.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I wouldn't even consider the pistol as currently configured, with the half-assed safety.

Nobody really gives a schit what you'd consider

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You going to call Billy a “child molester” to?

Funny how he (Goat) and I can disagree on all kinds of stuff here for about the last 10 years.... we call BS on each other... we do business with other... we make fun of each other a little... he’ll, even troll each other a bit, etc. Yet.... no one calls anyone a child molester, or gets all bitch-pissy about it.

Go back to 24hourmallninja.com.... or wherever the hell you came from Trystan. You’re a piece of schitt poser, everyone here knows it, no one believes a word outta your mouth.... and there’s about four dozen guys here who will have to get in line behind me to slap the schitt outta you if you ever turn up anywhere. Probably a reason no one on here can vouch for anything you say, or “who” you are.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (280shooter, 257robertsimp, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 21 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,215
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.