Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I took the 22-250 out of the truck the other day and just like clock work, I had a coyote standing broadside at 150 on the way to work this morning. Dag nabbit!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
[Linked Image]

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
7, typical.. I never gone anywhere with out my pistols in town, always have at least one rifle when I head to the country.. Usually two or three...

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Great picture. That Jack is huge.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
17 Remington has been lonely this year so I took her out last night.
[Linked Image]

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stepped off my deck to take a leak last night, heard the cat food dish rattling in the shop....
[Linked Image]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A good 'possum!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ed, we live on a river up a big hollar, coons possums and skunks are a pain in the azz... fun to shoot though. Grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Judman
Stepped off my deck to take a leak last night, heard the cat food dish rattling in the shop....
[Linked Image]

Hell yeah! Nasty sumbitches....

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Ed, we live on a river up a big hollar, coons possums and skunks are a pain in the azz... fun to shoot though. Grin

They have hollar's in WA?

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
ugliest damn squirrel I ever saw.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes they do.

Him go, wanna cook one up? Grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Good job......I caught a no bellied pitiful cat last week.

[Linked Image]

Well....it's official.....this Cat is worthless.
I took it over to my fur buyers house today and he wouldn't take it.
He said the Cat market is so volatile this year they're only buying top quality.
He suggested sending it to NAFA which is something I've never done but checking their web site I discovered they have a traveling pick up service. He was in Lewiston on the third (dang it) but he'll be through this way again April 21.

My buyer said to expect $50 tops. frown

Cats fetching less than Coyotes.....these are strange times.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It's rolling the dice with NAFA. You are not guaranteed a sell. It could be months and even years if it even sells. Then you have to pay I think it's 11% commission when it does sell. You also pay to have it drummed. I've always just kept my fur until next year if prices are down. I usually sell 20 to 40 a year and NAFA has never sparked my interest. Now if I was a fur buyer and say had a 100 cow or deer hides or whatever, something that was a pain in the ass to deal with then I might would pawn them off on NAFA to deal with. Your cats look like ours do here in VA with the spots. In the big market buyers are after those cats like you see coming out of Texas with the big rosettes. Not trying to discouraged you at all just throwing my opinion out there and you know everyone has one of those lol. Good luck with your sale.

Here is 2 different cats that I called in with a mouth call this year and my son shot them. I'm waiting until next year to sell mine also.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Diablero; 03/07/18.

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the advise....I'm always looking to learn something new about Cats and Trapping.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Great photos Field... Last evening the dogs and I made a short run out of town.. I shot some target they chased some cottontails.. Just goofing off.. Took a ride on up the creek and spotted two animals crossing a hay field.. Thought they were coyotes, hurried on down to try and get a shot, and the sun out of my eyes.. I spotted them just at the edge of a huge swamp, got the cross hairs on the last, and to my surprise it was a big cat.. The other moved in the brush.. Then coming home, I spotted what I thought was a large feral cat, the binocs showed a small bobcat.. I have traveled this creek for the last 45 years.. Never saw a bobcat even close to this area.. Then in one night I see three, and the season closed Mar. 1..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are a lot more Cats out there than we realize. I've learned over the years that they like to live close to people too.
Probably because the birds and bunnies like to snack on our plants and vegetable gardens.
I catch a lot of them within 200 yrds of my back door....caught this little flat bellied gal about 50 yrds from my house.

Diablero......don't quit your day job and move to Texas planning to get rich on Texas Cats.
The best cats come from MT, CO, and No. NV.....UT and WY have some pretty good cats too.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for the advise....I'm always looking to learn something new about Cats and Trapping.

There are a lot more Cats out there than we realize. I've learned over the years that they like to live close to people too.
Probably because the birds and bunnies like to snack on our plants and vegetable gardens.
I catch a lot of them within 200 yrds of my back door....caught this little flat bellied gal about 50 yrds from my house.

Diablero......don't quit your day job and move to Texas planning to get rich on Texas Cats.
The best cats come from MT, CO, and No. NV.....UT and WY have some pretty good cats too.

Wow? I didn't say not one word about that you didn't know anything about cats, trapping, hunting or anything else. You said you didn't know anything about NAFA because you haven't dealt with them before. I was just telling you what I know about NAFA because My grandaddy was a fur buyer back in the day and they used to pick up some stuff from him. Top market here in the south for cats came from Texas and my grandaddy bought what he could from them down there. You are right your better stuff is from up North and some states you mentioned have good cats to but we don't see any of that in this part of the country. I wasn't trying to turn this into a pissing contest at all but that's where you wanted to take it. It looks like cat prices are down everywhere this year. Congrats on your cats those are some nice ones for sure. Good luck with your cat sale.

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Diablero

Wow? I didn't say not one word about that you didn't know anything about cats, trapping, hunting or anything else. You said you didn't know anything about NAFA because you haven't dealt with them before. I was just telling you what I know about NAFA because My grandaddy was a fur buyer back in the day and they used to pick up some stuff from him. Top market here in the south for cats came from Texas and my grandaddy bought what he could from them down there. You are right your better stuff is from up North and some states you mentioned have good cats to but we don't see any of that in this part of the country. I wasn't trying to turn this into a pissing contest at all but that's where you wanted to take it.

Take a pill Nancy......that was said tongue in cheek and I damn sure didn't try to start a "pissing match". All I said was "thanks for the advice".
Next time I'll use a f***ing smiley face.

PS....I wasn't asking for advice on how to sell one miserable cat.....I was just following up on another post with my friends.....hence the quote from a post in Dec..

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (Ashworth, 35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,256
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.