-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My 15 year old just turned down $450 for a nice tom he snared this winter....

Some of my pals have sold some for as high as $800 this winter.

The last cats I sold before I went to work for the outfit, went for $100-$125. Wish I had those back!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hunted a place east of Melville years ago, the ranch hand killed some dandy stubbies, silver almost like a lynx... like to kill one someday. Ours are real orange

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
I suppose that there are good cats up here......but the quota for the entirety of region 6 in Montana is 50.

Region 6 is like 350 miles long and 100 miles deep. Its a big area for 50 cats.

The full timers get them all pretty quick.

Too bad about your cat Charlie.

I suppose you are not supposed to mail them or anything like that? I would buy it from you....maybe teach myself to preserve leather.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Judman
Hunted a place east of Melville years ago, the ranch hand killed some dandy stubbies, silver almost like a lynx... like to kill one someday. Ours are real orange

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like these?

Two different cats, both old Toms, from the same set, seven days apart. This was back in the mid eighties.

Crappy pics of pics....

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yep, Damn they're pretty

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like these?

Two different cats, both old Toms, from the same set, seven days apart. This was back in the mid eighties.

Crappy pics of pics....

Man O Man.....those are dandy's.
The Cats in this part of ID are pretty nice but they'll never fetch the kind of money MT or Great Basin cats fetch regardless of the market.
The most I've got was $750 for a 42" XL with a pretty good belly. That was 4-5 years ago when upper end cats were fetching $1000+ on a pretty regular basis.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image]

Ed, To many letters, and 2 cats we trapped this winter, I usually get between 40 and 60 cats every winter, we are covered up with them, they are tough on fawns, and adult deer, turkeys, and quail, most hides aren't worth fooling with.picture was taken in January, this year the most cats I have ever gotten in one day is 4 Rio7

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Not this year but a good rep of our western Wa stubbies. 240 wby in my back field
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like these?

Crappy pics of pics....

Man O Man.....those are dandy's.
The Cats in this part of ID are pretty nice but they'll never fetch the kind of money MT or Great Basin cats fetch regardless of the market.
The most I've got was $750 for a 42" XL with a pretty good belly. That was 4-5 years ago when upper end cats were fetching $1000+ on a pretty regular basis.

Those cats you posted pics of look really nice. Cats from the south, and southeastern part of the US don't even resemble the species....;)

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Nice tom I caught in a walk through set, under a big weatherproof sandrock shelf.

[Linked Image]

Another good one, caught in a flat set out in the open. They have a better nose than a lot of people think.

Very cool critters....I miss trapping them. When I retire, I'll see if I still have the touch....;)

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's like riding a bike......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat, you should put up the gangset pic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
It's like riding a bike......

Laffin', except the pedals don't go quite as fast anymore!

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Pat them some pretty Cats! the ones iv seen here in northern Michigan, are a kinda dull light brown not many spots on them, but iv only seen a few while bow hunting and you cant kill them then! one day Im going to try and trap a few!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Pickings are getting slim around here but managed a couple good ones last night.
[Linked Image]

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
damn I'm jealous of that white stuff on the ground. Went down to southern Colo. yesterday with a good friend and we thinned the herd by 6. I used the big bore this weekend. big bore for me = 22-250 shocked
[Linked Image]DSCN1378 by Tim Richard, on Flickr
[Linked Image]DSCN1379 by Tim Richard, on Flickr

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
TR you are welcome to all you want. Just come get it. We should have another fresh 6" by morning.😫

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like these?

Crappy pics of pics....

Gorgeous cats! I would love to get one like either of those.

We have lots of cats here on the wet coast but as said, they usually don't have much for spots other than the belly and most are a brownish drab with orange underfur. It is a curiosity to me why there are so many cats in this wet world, seemingly considerably more per square unit than there are east of the mountains where it is dry and cold. More cougars as well as more bobcats.

Edited to add a caveat: Lots of bobs on the Olympic Peninsula and southern mainland BC, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the northern Pacific Coast. I went along on a one day bobcat calling foray south of here, near Centralia, WA, and didn't find a trace of bobcat sign. No snow so I could easily have missed some, but on the Olympic Peninsula or across the line into BC, an equal amount of roaming country, even without snow, would have turned up considerable bobcat sign.

Last edited by Okanagan; 03/14/18.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
[Linked Image]

Sheeeit! What in the hell is that?

I know its common to sit behind your quarry to make it look bigger.....but damn! Thats a big ole rat.

Bushy Tailed Wood Rat????? Living next to a nuclear waste dump?

I am MAGA.
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,179 guests, and 770 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.