-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, good info to know. I'm going to book mark this thread for later use.

Gerry.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just want to add that although I can get behind it just fine with my low ring and mount set up, if a guy wanted to slide the scope further back medium rings would be required. I have a hairs thickness between the rail and the objective part of the tube, can’t slide it back any more without making contact.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I've never bought anything from these guys, but I'd make an effort to take them at their word & make them an offer of list price ($873) minus 20%, or $700 and see it they bite.

MM

ScopeList NF SHV

They won't take it, I tried. They did call me though and negotiated a better price than I've seen anywhere else.

Would you mind telling me that price via PM or here. I've dealt with this company before and this is the exact scope I plan on putting on a new T3X Superlite.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
gerry,

It’s the Tikka mountain tactical rail with Warne Mountain Tech low rings. I compared the Warnes with the Nightforce Ultralights side by side and the Warnes felt lighter and had more surface area and thickness yet were more streamlined than the NF Ultralights so I went with the Warnes. Haven’t weighed the package, wasn’t looking to go Uberlight so I wasn’t concerned. It handles and balances great. I got mine from Optics Planet with a 10% off coupon and free shipping. Cost was $785 to my door.

This is exactly how I plan to set-up my new Superlite. I really appreciate the info pertaining to the Warnes vs. the Ultralights, as I was considering the Ultralights.

Where did you purchase your rail and rings?

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rail can be bought here.

https://tikkaperformance.com/index....kka-T3-Performance-Series-Picatinny-Rail

You can use this rail too it’s a little cheaper and then chop off the excess that hangs over the receive

https://swfa.com/egw-picatinny-rail-1-piece-scope-mount-197.html

Rings were bought at Sportsman’s Warehouse

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
book mark

Molan Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rail can be bought here.

https://tikkaperformance.com/index....kka-T3-Performance-Series-Picatinny-Rail

You can use this rail too it’s a little cheaper and then chop off the excess that hangs over the receive

https://swfa.com/egw-picatinny-rail-1-piece-scope-mount-197.html

Rings were bought at Sportsman’s Warehouse

I personally chose the Tikka Performance rail for all my Tikkas just cause they have the recoil lug on them to take the stress off the mounting screws. I figured if the actions are already setup to accept the recoil lug might as well take advantage of it. That said I have had good luck with EGW rails on other rifles too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Warne Mountain Tech rails are nice, too. With a shorter rail that doesn’t extend out past the action.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
gerry,

It’s the Tikka mountain tactical rail with Warne Mountain Tech low rings. I compared the Warnes with the Nightforce Ultralights side by side and the Warnes felt lighter and had more surface area and thickness yet were more streamlined than the NF Ultralights so I went with the Warnes. Haven’t weighed the package, wasn’t looking to go Uberlight so I wasn’t concerned. It handles and balances great. I got mine from Optics Planet with a 10% off coupon and free shipping. Cost was $785 to my door.

'Cub,
I have never been able to get an optics planet coupon to apply to a NF product, and I've tried! Was this during the couple of days around Black Friday that euro optic also had NF at 10% off?
Secondly, since you had both setups on the tikka - did you prefer the shv to the ss 3-9?
Thanks for your time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was around Black Friday, I saw a thread on here for the first time regarding the Forceplex reticle. I went to SW locally and they had one with the Forceplex. After fondling it and comparing it to the Leupold to compare reticles I went home and discovered the 10% coupon and ordered it. I like the SWFA 3-9, I wish that it had lower profile turrets and with the Mil Quad one could really get by with no windage turret at all. I’ve still got the SWFA that was on the Creedmoor I sold and it’s torture having that scope not mounted on a rifle. Thinking about picking up a 243 to put it on for coyotes and goats.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 224th, 54 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.