Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a C&R FFL and used to get dealer pricing from midway, then several years ago they canceled it. Lately it seems like everything they sell is always too expensive. They have nothing that is a very good deal. So today I blocked and deleted all the junk mail promos they send to my email. I haven't ordered anything from them in a couple years anyways. I used to spend a couple thousand a year with them. anyone else find themselves not doing business with them anymore?

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I haven't ordered anything from Midway in quite a while either. I usually find what I'm looking for cheaper elsewhere.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Midway was great in the 80's and early 90's. Last 15 years or so they are my second or third source for things. Sometimes they are the only one with stock, and sometimes they are the cheapest, but not often.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am a fan of Midway for my needs.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
No issues with midway here

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still shop Midway. I have noticed they aren't as competitive as they once were but I often find things on sale that are a good buy.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to be able to find things at Midway for people who need to reload because they had unusual calibers. They have become like all other big-box enterprises and are now offering far less to us and are concentrating more on fast moving merchandise. I'm also finding this to be a trend with Graf & Sons.

I don't think I've ordered anything from Midway for three years now.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Haven't had many projects going recently to need to place an order from them or their competition. But HO-LEE-[bleep], am I glad I finally got a smart phone so I can erase all the gawd damn emails! Brownell's is worse. MF'rs, I bought some [bleep] from you last year..does not mean I want an email from you every 1/2 hour. Little less painful now that I can erase the amazing offers as they show up, rather than 50 at the end of day.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't complain about Midway.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't do business with them anymore either. Their shipping policies to Alaska suck. Plenty of options to choose from elsewhere.

Jeff

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by akjeff
I don't do business with them anymore either. Their shipping policies to Alaska suck. Plenty of options to choose from elsewhere.

Jeff

See above post...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I still shop Midway. I have noticed they aren't as competitive as they once were but I often find things on sale that are a good buy.

This^^^^^

They are not always the lowest, but sometimes they are; you just have to pick & choose.

I use them when they are or if they have something that no one else has that I need at that time.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Over the years I have bought a few things from Midway, always been happy with price and service.

If I pulled my business from them I seriously doubt they could keep the doors open.

Black Cows Matter!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
MidwayUSA has more relevant chit than anywhere BY FAR and an absolutely superb e-commerce site. They will not have the lowest price on every item. They will have a selection of items very hard to impossible to find elsewhere and very clear policies and excellent service. Haters have generally proven themselves to be dumb [bleep]...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Midway gets much of my business. Sure I shop and buy elsewhere based on availability and price. No complaints when Midway wins my money. Have been a customer for 20+ years.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am with ED, they work great for what I need. But I have needed them way less the last few years.

The latest was questionable pricing. Was going to buy a scope, but when I got to the billing page, somehow by pure magic the price increased by $50. With the disclaimer that prices may change suddenly. Thought about sending them email, but they knew exactly what they were doing.

Simply deleted the item, logged out and went on with my day.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still buy from them. You just have to know what's a good deal and what's not.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I still get stuff from them on occasion.

Mostly I'm mad at them for doing away with that wonderful reading material for the "little room". grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I dropped them a few years ago when powder was in short supply. They did not have my first choice in stock. That was IMR 4350 and 4064. So I ordered Accurate brand 4350 and 4064 which was listed in stock.I believe this order was placed in February. By the next fall the powder still hadn't arrived. I had called a couple of times and been assured it was coming. I had trouble understanding this since it was "in stock". Finally I wrote a real letter and asked that the powder be shipped or my money returned with interest. Well, somebody named Larry called and told me that I should check with my bank because they had credited my account the month before and the powder wasn't available. I told him I thought my order had been diverted to a more favored customer and he didn't deny it. I told him that was a heck of a CS way of doing business and after he thanked me for my business the call terminated and I have had no trouble finding other places to order the supplies I need. Natchez, Midsouth, and Third generation mostly furnish what we need. If he would have just apologized and told me a plausible story of how his supplier had shafted him and sold the powder to some huge ammo company I would have been OK.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We jumped back in to handloading and shooting in Nov and shopped all the almost identical equipment and components on three sites. Midway, Natchez, and Brownells. I guess it was around $2k total, though we are still ordering small items. Midway earned most of that exchange. Mostly because of the ease of placing the orders and available inventory, but some on price.

No complaints here

Edit.. pretty sure I blocked their emails before they sent them

Last edited by OdT; 12/29/17.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,117 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.