B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Outdoor Survival Canada:

http://outdoorsurvivalcanada.com/

Have a chance to pickup a pair of their Klin pants. What are your thoughts on their quality.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Guess a lot of others like me never heard of them. But interesting information.

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
If they live up to the hype, thinking the pants would be great for shooting sporting in the winter along with being on stand for the last hour or so when Deer hunting.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
battue the stuff looks to be similar quality to the Canada Goose line of Canadian made goose down clothing. Canada Goose stuff is high quality and closest I have seen in build quality to the old Eddie Bauer stuff from another era.

I would not be afraid of it but how much does it cost? I bet it ain't cheap....but good stuff never is. I have Eddie Bauer stuff here that is 40+ years old and still trucking.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
It is pricy, but cabelas has it on sale. There isn't all that much of me, so if it keeps me warm when standing around it will be worth it smile

Have also looked at Canada Goose and it gets great reviews.

Had an old EB coat. Took a lot to kill it.

Last edited by battue; 02/08/15.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
battue;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully this finds you well and keeping warm enough that you're in no huge rush for the pants.

Honestly I've never heard of these folks, but a quick look through their website seems to indicate they're serious about the quality of what they're making.

I don't believe I'm being too pridefully nationalistic either when I say that most garments I've found that are still made here are better than those made overseas. No doubt they need to be for the usual price difference battue, but that's been my experience anyway.

If you end up getting some I'd love to hear your feedback on them for sure though sir. All the best to you in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Dwayne,

Thanks. Wheels starting to roll to go shooting, so can't type. Going to order them, so will give a report first chance I get.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Canada Goose is the standard here for maybe 70% of folks, but have seen a bit of OSC this winter, .......another month or so, and may have the good/bad reports after a cold season.

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Funny thing, last night I was reading this thread and had never heard of Canada Goose clothing. I Googled it and thought it was interesting stuff.

This afternoon I was at my local USPS and saw a lady wearing one of their long coats. I noticed the patch on the sleeve. I gave her a compliment on the stylish looks of it, she mentioned it took her four years to decide on which coat to buy but now she was damned thankful she got it.

Then she jumped into her Cadillac SUV and sped away......... smile

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Lawdwaz,

Since looking around re the OCS pants I came across info on Canada Goose products also. Seems like as with many high end products there are those who buy GC purely as a fashion statement and not necessarily out of need. One thing I did notice however, is that those who live in the extreme North country where -20 and below is common, for the most part feel it is the best of the best for extreme conditions and are worth the extra dollars they cost.

If you and I were walking around in normal Pa and NY winters with GC we may be a little too warm inside their products.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by battue

If you and I were walking around in normal Pa and NY winters with GC we may be a little too warm inside their products.

She would have been considered hot with/without the stylish threads. laugh

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
In that case even moreso with less. wink

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Dwayne,

The OSC bibs arrived today. One look will tell you they are very high quality. I've had some others, but they don't compare to how these are made. Stuffed full of Goose down, very little outside stitching, but they do have full length heavy duty leg zippers with inside baffles. Same quality zipper in the front. Solid construction shoulder straps and clips. Outside lining is of what is called Entrax 800 that is also heavy duty and is supposed to repel water.

If you are going to move much while wearing, it better be really cold. However, should work great for stationary shooting in the winter and being on stand for the last hour during a cold Deer day.

Runs a little on the small side when it came to Medium sizing, but it fits me just about perfect.

Thumbs up for what should prove to be a great Canadian product.

Take care,
Harry

Last edited by battue; 02/10/15.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
battue;
Thanks much for the report Harry, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I'm glad to hear your initial impression is good too - it's at least a nice way to start.

Now lets hope they end up being "lucky" hunting wear for you and you kill a few big ones with them on. grin

Thanks again and all the best to you in the remainder of the week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good evening Dwayne, if I might barge in on this topic, as a man gets older, the circulation gets poorer.
That is what the E.D. drugs are about.

I could stay warm when I was young wearing much less that it takes today.

Good hunting to all, and keep warm.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Dwayne,

There is absolutely no way these bibs cannot be warm. They are essentially a high quality sleeping bag with legs and the entire bib comes up to your arm pits. smile

The quality of materials used and how they are put together is obvious.

Now, the temp rating is -40C which I have discovered-see we can always learn something, even as we get a little older-ok alot older grin-is the equivalent of -40F. Will it keep me warm at -40 even if I had the jacket to match? Probably, but I best be running and running hard.

I have little doubt these will more than adequately handle the temps I will be out in and stay together for years to come. And it happens to hit -40? Well, I'm staying inside if at all possible and I still may have them on.

Stay warm,

Harry

Last edited by battue; 02/11/15.

N
N
Originally Posted by battue
Dwayne,

There is absolutely no way these bibs cannot be warm. They are essentially a high quality sleeping bag with legs and the entire bib comes up to your arm pits. smile

Harry

sorry for bringing up a necropost but was looking at the OSC KLIN Pants and the pictures show them to be barely above the belt. I like high backed bibs not just pants.
is yours the KLIN pants or another style?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,314
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.