Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by dennisinaz
All this convinced me to buy a Tikka and the accuracy has been, well, ho-hum. Not sure why but it isn't the magic gun it is hyped up to be.

Just sitting her laughing. You did not get it in the new whiz-bang does everything caliber of 6.5 Creedmor.

Better sell your .308 and get you another one in the new "magic" chambering. It can kill a water buffalo from 1790 yards... One shot, DRT grin

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Tikka..........I think alot guys snubbed their noses at them 20 yrs ago........

I know that I was one of those people, at least initially. Though I've never owned one, I have long since change my opinion of Tikka rifles. Looking forward to trying one of them out one of these days.

I was one of "those guys" too but the LH T 3 6.5x55 I got my wife has been the most accurate gun we have in the house, has the best trigger and has a slick action. It costs a lot less than a couple of my custom guns too while out shooting them. I am about 99% sure a LH T 3x in 300 WSM is in my future sometime this year...............

Would love to get a LH CTR 260 too but we will see,my Savage 260 shoots pretty good too.

Sounds like your experience is 'about the norm', Gerry. If I could get a Tikka in 6.5 Swede that would be even better. I really like that caliber.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
While your making fun of the Creedmoor we have to make fun of your spelling. Her is not here and Creedmoor is not Creedmor. Maybe you need some Creedmoor Kool aid. I've taken a liking to the round. Capable with low recoil and deadly in my expierence. This from someone that loves their 30-06, 308, 7mm mag ,9.3x62, 300 win mag, 300 H&H mag, 257 Roberts ,405 Win, on and on.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Tikka..........I think alot guys snubbed their noses at them 20 yrs ago........

I know that I was one of those people, at least initially. Though I've never owned one, I have long since change my opinion of Tikka rifles. Looking forward to trying one of them out one of these days.

I was one of "those guys" too but the LH T 3 6.5x55 I got my wife has been the most accurate gun we have in the house, has the best trigger and has a slick action. It costs a lot less than a couple of my custom guns too while out shooting them. I am about 99% sure a LH T 3x in 300 WSM is in my future sometime this year...............

Would love to get a LH CTR 260 too but we will see,my Savage 260 shoots pretty good too.

Sounds like your experience is 'about the norm', Gerry. If I could get a Tikka in 6.5 Swede that would be even better. I really like that caliber.

THe 6.5x55 is a great match for the Tikka action. Lot's of room in the magazine to load out the bullet and it feeds great.

Gerry.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have buddies with phenomenally accurate T3s. None are laminated stocks, however. Maybe that is the norm?

I have a 260AI and a 6.5-284. I didn't think I needed another 6.5...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Koolaid drinker: finally got a Black Friday SWFA SS 6x42 MQ w rings & bubble level and plopped onto my blue T3 CTR .260. Hoping to get chance to zero tomorrow and employ v. Does after regular season ends.

Got a ton of reloading stuff but, as a shiftless Farker, have only shot Fed Premium 120 BT factory loads in the past three years. Have shot deer out to 350 and busted rocks beyond that in Northern CO.

Pretty excited to be in SS MQ fanboy club.

As a side note, earnest scribes, [/b]Your [b]CTR may shoot better groups than mine, but [/b]you're[b]gonna post pics to prove it!

English! It's your Mother Tongue; learn how to spell & use it.

Last edited by ColdCase1984; 12/07/17.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
I really like mine. Dropped it in a XLR chassis and have taken it to 1400+....2nd round hit at that distance....my wind call was a 1/2 MOA off or so on the 16" gong. smile

Its killed a pile of critters in my first year of owning it, from myself taking 3 deer and caribou (120 to 495 yards), to a grizzly bear my buddy shot much further any of my kills with it, to my buddy's 8 year old bagging his first big game animal with one perfectly placed shot at 330 yards:

[Linked Image]

Seems to shoot both handload and factory load 143 ELDX 5 shots into 1/2 MOA at 100 yards everytime. Overall very happy with the rifle.....and now I am using the factory CTR stock and bottom metal for my dad's 308 so I can have a 10 round mag that allows me to load with plenty of mag space.

[Linked Image]

Hey A.L., that CTR stock is gettin around! Thinkin I will take 8-twist Tikka /250 for bob & thread this weekend, then put in my CTR .260 furniture.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
I really like mine. Dropped it in a XLR chassis and have taken it to 1400+....2nd round hit at that distance....my wind call was a 1/2 MOA off or so on the 16" gong. smile

Its killed a pile of critters in my first year of owning it, from myself taking 3 deer and caribou (120 to 495 yards), to a grizzly bear my buddy shot much further any of my kills with it, to my buddy's 8 year old bagging his first big game animal with one perfectly placed shot at 330 yards:

[Linked Image]

Seems to shoot both handload and factory load 143 ELDX 5 shots into 1/2 MOA at 100 yards everytime. Overall very happy with the rifle.....and now I am using the factory CTR stock and bottom metal for my dad's 308 so I can have a 10 round mag that allows me to load with plenty of mag space.

[Linked Image]

Hey A.L., that CTR stock is gettin around! Thinkin I will take 8-twist Tikka /250 for bob & thread this weekend, then put in my CTR .260 furniture.

Certainly not a bad way to roll there!! My 22-250 T3 sure ran nice out of the TRG mag sitting in the CTR stock.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dennis

Having been around a few Tikkas, there are some things to check. First proper assembly with the recoil lug. Second, make sure the crown is good. Third, makes sure it is free floating.

If all of those are in place, I can say several of mine were not “shooters” out of the box. They shot good, not great....until I had around 150 - 200 rounds through them. Then I noticed the groups shrank very noticeably. They just wanted some break in I guess.

So check it, and shoot it.

CTR may be on my list for the future....after hearing all the hub bub...lol

SC

"You only know one thing for sure about a broken down old man........He's the survivor...."

Incoming rounds have the right of way.....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Very nice. Those CTRs look like wicked rifles. Hard to bad mouth a T3X once you put some rounds thru them.

Semper Fi
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Hit the nail on the head Gerry35. I wish they made a 7x57 as well. That would be another perfect match for the action.

Those long vlds sit above the neck shoulder junction in my 6.5x55. Not sure if it’s related but the 2 most accurate factory rifles I’ve owned were both chambered in the 6.5x55.The current one being a Tikka t3 with a simple blued barrel and wood stock. It’s very threatening to coyotes at ridiculous ranges.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SawDoctor
Hit the nail on the head Gerry35. I wish they made a 7x57 as well. That would be another perfect match for the action.

Those long vlds sit above the neck shoulder junction in my 6.5x55. Not sure if it’s related but the 2 most accurate factory rifles I’ve owned were both chambered in the 6.5x55.The current one being a Tikka t3 with a simple blued barrel and wood stock. It’s very threatening to coyotes at ridiculous ranges.

I would be all over a 7x57 in a T 3, it would be just as good as the 6.5x55. We use 120 gr Ballistic Tips in my wife's T 3 for deer but some 160's in a 7x57 would be sweet for moose and leave the 6.5x55 as is. Of course you can do the same with a 7mm-08, I wish it were easier to get a T 3 in 7x64 into this country. That would be pretty sweet................

Gerry.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
Nice work the with the CTR! Still using the CTR bottom metal and mags? Looks like a lot of guys convert to CTI or use the new Tikka Performance BM that allows use of AICS without altering the OEM footprint.

I was going to do that...but now that you can get the Tikka CTR mags for the same price as the AICS mags and the Tikka CTR mags actually feed a bit smoother and have slightly more COAL leeway then its kinda a no brainer to just take that $200 for new bottom metal and get 3 more mags. smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
Nice work the with the CTR! Still using the CTR bottom metal and mags? Looks like a lot of guys convert to CTI or use the new Tikka Performance BM that allows use of AICS without altering the OEM footprint.

I was going to do that...but now that you can get the Tikka CTR mags for the same price as the AICS mags and the Tikka CTR mags actually feed a bit smoother and have slightly more COAL leeway then its kinda a no brainer to just take that $200 for new bottom metal and get 3 more mags. smile

I agree and it's what I did when Europtic was selling them for $75.

Scott
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
FYI

Beretta has a code for buy two get one free on CTR mags. Add three to cart and then Code: 1CTRFREE

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
M
https://youtu.be/IY402oWJF6s

Shooting a coke can at 600yards factory 147 Hornady 65cm

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.