Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glass is prob vx2????? erector????🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I bet this scope has way more vx1 dna in it than anything else, little cosmetic exterior design changes incorporated from other line ups , take a little from here , some from there, but keep it profitable with mostly vx1 lineage. Cheaper to make a lock ring ocular than a fast focus ocular, that's an indicator to me to begin with and the wide gold ring have ta have it factor. They did away with 2 lines of scopes and came out with this.....

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Oregon45
My hope is that the squared-off erector housing isn't just for show, but is necessary because of increases in the size and strength of the erector assembly.

Where can I get some of that s h i t your smoking???😃😃😃 that's eye candy for the new generation of shooters like it says in the description. In other words people who ain't on to their sub par products yet...

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A

Stop it. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
😃😃😃 I will look at em when they come out, just need to feel for mushy inconsistent dail adjustment. Academy will have em on stocks, brace it down and give em a spin on a fixed background well away. that will tell alot about deadspots and jumping/sticking reticle per adjustments. Then when people start buying em and Google fu em about 6- 12 months down the line will also reveal stuff. You all are right in saying time will tell. I would buy one in a heartbeat if they did in fact beef up the erector and they track as stated and hold zero. But until leupold proves it has addressed its inconsistent and weak erector issues I myself will not buy one ever again . But that's just me and my opinon after my vx3i abortion I dealt with.

Last edited by renegade50; 01/02/18.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bet it's better and cheaper than the last innovation which was better and cheaper. Things just keep getting better and cheaper at leupold.

IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I bet its a good scope for the money but I cant seem to warm up to the new "tactical" look, I like the looks of the VX2 much better........Hb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
it has 34 MOA of adjustment added compared to the VX-2 so it must be a new erector system.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
it has 34 MOA of adjustment added compared to the VX-2 so it must be a new erector system.

Leup says 60 MOA for the Freedom 3-9, but I thought the VX-2 had around 50 MOA?

It's also a ounce or so heavier.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Leupold scopes -- in general -- always had a nice sleek and clean profile, which I liked. To me, the VX-Freedom is, well...for lack of a better description: ugly.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The internet chatter is clear, nobody that I recall wanted the appearance or glass changed, only reliability.

You know they are reading these forums, WTH are they responding to with these changes?

Dave

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RDW
The internet chatter is clear, nobody that I recall wanted the appearance or glass changed, only reliability.

You know they are reading these forums, WTH are they responding to with these changes?

Exactly

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't like the look. I don't like the absence of the easy/fast Long Range Duplex reticle that I enjoy in the VXII/2 series, as I don't like counting MOA lines on a hunting rifle. Other than that, I will have to wait to see how they perform before I say anything else.

Now with even more aplomb
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No CDS option?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
52 to 60 moa change 3-9x40 models vx2 versus freedom. That I am sure is total useable moa like it always has been. An increase of 8.....more than likely same old single spring covering both adjustments, that take moa off 1 to adjust the other, extra moa is an attempt to cut down on " I ran out of elevation or windage"calls to techs and returns for warranty work ( the hope s h i t sticks game)..... if this was a new and vastly improved erector assembly, they would tout it as a new feature..but maybe not,,, cause by doing so it would be read and confirmed by many that they do indeed have erector issues in other models. They did away with 2 complete lines of scopes that have been in their lineup for decades and came out with this. Streamlined 2 lines into this model. give it some eye candy appeal, new advertising for the gotta have it factor, and a better profit margin. Leupold is slick with their modern business model. They dont give a f u c k about people who used their scopes for decades, that now adviod them like a plague carrying hooker. Its about reducing cost, streamlining manufacturing and improving the overall profit margin. Once a company starts losing its reputation from life long users of their products. And word of mouth experiences start spreading over time, this business model of cheaper is better always is seen as the solution.

I hope they read post like this, but honestly does anyone think they GAF. They got some slick shyt going on in their minds for profit margin. And quality and reliabilty are the sacrificial lambs.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Leup says 60 MOA for the Freedom 3-9, but I thought the VX-2 had around 50 MOA?

It's also a ounce or so heavier.

Yes I was mistaken , I think I had the 4-12x40 mixed up with that one. I for one cannot imagine Leupold support having to deal with so many different scopes . Make a VX-6HD, A VX3I and a fixed scope line and make them all as bulletproof as well as they can, not what the bean counters tell you. You don't see any other actual manufacturer of optics having all these lineups except Bushnell.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by prm
No CDS option?

Eliminate it.....Profit margin..... Watch for the option of "free" cds upgrade on intial purchase with other models to disappear over time.....

Last edited by renegade50; 01/03/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
That's one ugly azz scope.

It's about time they start following SWFA's lead.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Doesn't Leup still have the Redfield line?
I can see why they possibly did away with the VX-I line. Wasn't there overlap between the VX-I and Redfield models?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Doesn't Leup still have the Redfield line?
I can see why they possibly did away with the VX-I line. Wasn't there overlap between the VX-I and Redfield models?

Best I can tell, Leupold Rifleman and Redfield Revolution are exactly the same. Every dimension is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I can't believe we are still making 3X zoom range scopes these days.

There was a thread recently in which the overwhelming majority of posters opined a fixed 6 provided all the magnification anyone would ever need for hunting. It would seem that 3X magnification that would top out above that 6X would be overkill. Unless folks are just looking for nonsensical reasons to bitch. But we know nobody ever does that on the internet.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 32 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.